Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Wow, Rudy could’ve (figuratively) taken a knee after 9/11, and his legacy would’ve been as America’s Mayor during a time of national crisis. Instead we’ll remember this guy, who incoherently rattles off random thoughts, and goes on cable news to accidentally confirm a campaign finance violation the administration was denying for months.

38 minutes ago, visionary said:

But...Biden isn’t a witness to anything Trump did anymore then the rest of us are.

And non-lawyer here, but as I understand it, it's called an "affirmative defense" because it's in the form of "Yes, I did it, but, . . . (self defense/insanity/diminished capacity/accident)"

The defendant has to admit his guilt before he can present the defense.  

(And does he have to take the stand?  I'm not sure.)  

So basically if that article is to be believed.  Everyone knew what Trump did was wrong, and were hoping someone in his inner circle would get in his ear and tell him it was wrong and that he should reverse his decision. He didn't..........until he was caught. 

Good ****ing god. It just keeps getting worse and worse. The DOJ was redacting literally every word that was clearly incriminating. I'd drag someone's ass in there to testify as to why. Preferably Barr. Though my guess is he'll refuse to show up and anyone else they call in will refuse to comply at his direction. This is insanity. 

Archived