Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

11 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I may not be following you correctly on this. Why would the House majority need another session on this? They impeached.

To add on to what NoCalMike said, Bolton says he will testify if the *Senate* subpoenas him. Odds are low that the Senate would actually do that given that they are looking to dismiss. Theoretically if Bolton is willing to do it for the Senate, he should be for the House. I'm skeptical.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

To add on to what NoCalMike said, Bolton says he will testify if the *Senate* subpoenas him. Odds are low that the Senate would actually do that given that they are looking to dismiss. Theoretically if Bolton is willing to do it for the Senate, he should be for the House. I'm skeptical.

Ah yes. Agreed. I was indeed NOT following @NoCalMike correctly. Thank you both.

9 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Right.  Bolton said in clear terms he was not going to follow a House subpoena unless the court ordered him to, so why the sudden change of heart when the process has switched to the Senate?  It sounds like the guy is playing games.

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Impeachment 2: Electric Boogalo

Honestly Rubio is opening a door here he might regret. If the Parnas evidence is compelling in addition to Bolton supposedly being willing to testify and other Rs in the Senate take this stance why not re-open it in the House?

Call me cynical but I'm struck by Bolton's timing of his announcement in the aftermath of Trump ordering Soleimani blown to smithereens, a certain wet dream come to life for the Yosemite Sam lookalike.  Something's up.

And Marco Rubio is being a disingenuous little ****.

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I can hear Rudy now, on Fox, announcing that it's an ancient legal principal that the Senate can declare that an impeachment never happened. 

I thought that was the Dems legal expert?.....or maybe Feldman said hasn't happened.🤡

1) Republicans whine and scream and shout about "no 1st hand witnesses" during the impeachment investigation (even though Sondland is a 1st hand witness).

2) Dems say "Hey, we have plenty of other witnesses directly pointing to <Mulvaney/Bolton/Duffey/others> as first hand witnesses but they're refusing to testify even under subpoena on direction from the White House. Curious eh?"

3) Republicans say "NUH UH!" and ignore it. Jim Jordan puts on a suit jacket to distract everyone. 

4) Trump is impeached anyway. 

5) McConnell prepares for a sham trial with zero witnesses.

6) Pelosi says, "Not so fast, Turtle McTurtleface".

7) Even MORE damning information comes out about those 1st hand witnesses as well as pointing to them directly implicating Trump.

8 ) McConnell tries even harder to make sure there are no witnesses in the Senate trial, while saying with a somewhat straight face that everything that has come out (somehow) proves even more that the Dems have no case. Because.....reasons?

9) Republican Senators (even "moderates"  *puke*) go along with it.

Seems completely above board. 

The proper bluff call, now, is for the House to subpoena Bolton.

If Bolton testifies, then the House gets his testimony, and the Senate can't say that they shouldn't call him because the House didn't call him (which was a stupid argument all along).  If he declines to testify, then that also screws the Senate GOP because then their argument of "well we shouldn't call anyone the House didn't call" because everyone will know that the House tried to call Bolton and he declined, which means the ball is in the Senate (court case to compel him in the House notwithstanding).

Archived