Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is big. I remember this story broke a few months ago but was walked back because they couldn't verify the sources but it seems more likely now that it's popped up again. 

If true, this is what people have been screaming from the rooftops since day 1. That he is very seriously financially indebted to and dependent on Russia/Putin. They could ruin him financially if they wanted so his every act, thought, policy and move has been catered toward pleasing them. 

It was Laurence O'Donnell on MSNBC after a lead in from Maddow. I feel like this is likely true but there's no proof.  Unfortunately I don't think it will move the needle. Where are all hackers at.?

On 1/3/2020 at 6:40 PM, The Gibber said:

Where are all hackers at.?

Iran, apparently:

Hackers briefly deface website for U.S. government library with pro-Iranian message

The homepage for the U.S. Federal Depository Library Program was briefly altered Saturday evening to show a pro-Iranian message and an image of bloodied Donald Trump being punched in the face. 

A line at the bottom read: "Hacked by Iran Cyber Security Group Hackers. This is only small part of Iran's cyber ability! We're always ready." 

The website was not accessible soon after the image appeared. 

Click on the link for the full article

24 minutes ago, China said:

Iran, apparently:

Hackers briefly deface website for U.S. government library with pro-Iranian message

The homepage for the U.S. Federal Depository Library Program was briefly altered Saturday evening to show a pro-Iranian message and an image of bloodied Donald Trump being punched in the face. 

A line at the bottom read: "Hacked by Iran Cyber Security Group Hackers. This is only small part of Iran's cyber ability! We're always ready." 

The website was not accessible soon after the image appeared. 

Click on the link for the full article

Man, it would be great if Iran could zero out every single foreign and domestic Trump bank account. His, his children, his businesses, his partners. Every single one to down to zero dollars and zero cents.

I think that's the blow. Mess with their bank accounts and money. It's all they really care about.

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Man, it would be great if Iran could zero out every single foreign and domestic Trump bank account. His, his children, his businesses, his partners. Every single one to down to zero dollars and zero cents.

I think that's the blow. Mess with their bank accounts and money. It's all they really care about.

They're probably all in Russian banks, anyway.  And probably all overdrawn.  

23 hours ago, Burgold said:

Or maybe even better- access and release to the world.

So if Bolton is so willing to testify all of a sudden, can't the House just start a new inquiry and subpoena him?  If I were the House I would wait to see if the Senate actually plans to subpoena him.  If they don't?  Do it and then we will see if Bolton made this new change of heart in good faith, or merely did it because he knows there is no chance that the Senate plans to conduct a legitimate trial.

50 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So if Bolton is so willing to testify all of a sudden, can't the House just start a new inquiry and subpoena him?  If I were the House I would wait to see if the Senate actually plans to subpoena him.  If they don't?  Do it and then we will see if Bolton made this new change of heart in good faith, or merely did it because he knows there is no chance that the Senate plans to conduct a legitimate trial.

I may not be following you correctly on this. Why would the House majority need another session on this? They impeached.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Because they think that's easier than just voting "not guilty" (when they know damned well that he is)?

I bet they think if they are the ones to come up with a way to dismiss his impeachment and invalidate it, that they President will like them more. 

6 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I may not be following you correctly on this. Why would the House majority need another session on this? They impeached.

I am pretty sure even after impeachment on one (or more articles) new ones can be introduced if the President continues to commit impeachable offenses. 

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

I can hear Rudy now, on Fox, announcing that it's an ancient legal principal that the Senate can declare that an impeachment never happened. 

I still see catch people on social media all the time with their make-believe idea that the impeachment isn't official until the Senate trial.

Archived