Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

44 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

The proper bluff call, now, is for the House to subpoena Bolton.

If Bolton testifies, then the House gets his testimony, and the Senate can't say that they shouldn't call him because the House didn't call him (which was a stupid argument all along).  If he declines to testify, then that also screws the Senate GOP because then their argument of "well we shouldn't call anyone the House didn't call" because everyone will know that the House tried to call Bolton and he declined, which means the ball is in the Senate (court case to compel him in the House notwithstanding).

I had a similar thought.

Why doesn’t Pelosi have a recall vote for the current articles, subpoena Bolton, use what he says and add them to the current articles, then re-vote on articles and send them to Senate?

And if Bolton won’t go testify in the House, then that puts pressure on Senate.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Totally. Hes trying to sell that book after all 

Precisely why the House should call him.  It's not real now, he knows there's about 3 layers of defenses Senate Gopers will throw up before he even has to think about testifying.

But the moment the House calls him it's real.  Book tour is over.

one reason some dems aren't pushing for bolton is because they have zero faith that he will testify in any other way than to protect his space in the right wing nuttersphere so he can be relevant and make money going forward...they don't think he's gonna give any kind of testimony that would be big enough to sway enough gop senators to make any real difference, and he is quite likely to try to do some damage any way he can to the libs he hates way more than his dislike/distaste of don

look at the games he's played just up to now....give him a huge national platform with much for the dems at stake on it and see what he does...big risk i'd say....the worst he can do to trump is confirm what's already been said and maybe add more disturbing details or another couple examples of other countries he did it with...and you would hear exactly the same defenses already made to the one we have on record, and that actually is proven in many reasonable people's views already, and it hasn't mattered gop-wise....so even if he said all that, it would not move the needle..and that's a pro-dem fantasy testimony, doubt it would be that pretty...but the "failure" of it not winning the day for the dems and any trash he got to toss on top would hurt 

33 minutes ago, nonniey said:

WTF? Do you guys want him to testify or not?

I do.  

Hell, I want Trump to testify.  (And I'm absolutely certain he'll lie his ass off.  Hell, put him on the stand, and ask him if he got more votes than Hillary.)  

I think Bolton sees the long game in all of this.  If Trump goes down, the next GOP to become President in his lifetime (if it happens) is likely to be back to the usual Neo-Con war hawk, and that is where Bolton sees his entry back into the good graces of leadership.  I don't think Bolton is worried about Trumpism the way elected GOP officials are. 

15 hours ago, illone said:

The dems should have pumped the brakes on this inquiry and slow played the witness process... It's not like the case would have weakened.

I think their mistake is the over reliance on metrics and polls telling them that is was weakening over time and people wanted it to be over with. And I say that, despite what evidence they collected, because I dont think people my age or millennial age poll particularly often or well. I dont think we participate in that stuff nearly as much as they are used to. Making those numbers literally obsolete. 

*I know almost nothing about what im talking about for sure

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

With the latest Iran developments, and the Senate trial coming soon(ish?) I would hope removal from office is looking at least a little bit more attractive to Senate GOPers?  

Not a chance.  The entire GOP spin machine is already locked and loaded with "any vote against Trump is a vote supporting Iranian terrorism" buckshot.  

Archived