Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

What happened to the GOP?

Successfully achieving their goals.  

This is what the GOP wants America to be.  They've spent 40 years building this infrastructure, precisely so they could use it, in exactly this way.  

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

What happened to the GOP?

It's truly unbelievable and depressing. 

I would like a nice moderate conservative option -- to balance the scales if nothing else -- and instead we just have a bunch of crazies at worst, bootlickers at best.

the political spectrum over the last few decades have moved wildly to the right. where establishment dems became centrists to not appear biased, and far-right moved from ultra-conservative to alt-right neo nazis. its funny seeing people like bernie, or warren, or AOC being labeled as extreme leftists, when they actually just represent the democrat platform

gotta hand it to the GOP, they did a great job moving the spectrum so much. but lies, bad policies, and even worse politicians can only help you for so long before it catches up like this

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More

I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....

Just based on this tweet alone, the media should first, be questioning why Trump did not deliver on this statement. 

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

gotta hand it to the GOP, they did a great job moving the spectrum so much. but lies and bad policies can only help you for so long before it catches up like this

All we need to know about the utter ineffectiveness of the Dems messaging, combined with a complicit media, is that after Obama was elected, the Tea Party aka "extreme right wingers" managed to get themselves embedded into the GOP.  They were viewed as "too far right" for about a month, and then that narrative stopped and they were just accepted as mainstream GOP. Recently they have morphed into the "Freedom Caucus" 

Compare that to the treatment by the media and punditry to folks on the left such as "the squad" where they are accused of being a sign of the end times.

There is very little that gets you deemed too far right wing to be electable in this country outside of CA/NY and even certain districts in CA will still elect total tools like Devin Nunes. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I would love to believe that but I have no faith in the American people and I also don't think Elizabeth Warren will be able to overcome the Trump/ GOP fear machine.

If there's anyone in American politics right now that is truly FOR the majority of Americans, it's THAT woman. She's the anti-Hillary. 

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

All we need to know about the utter ineffectiveness of the Dems messaging, combined with a complicit media, is that after Obama was elected, the Tea Party aka "extreme right wingers" managed to get themselves embedded into the GOP.  They were viewed as "too far right" for about a month, and then that narrative stopped and they were just accepted as mainstream GOP.

The reason they’re ineffective compared to the right wing media is because they haven’t  decided that brainwashing is an acceptable practice. Dems just don’t have the stomach for it.

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I would like a nice moderate conservative option -- to balance the scales if nothing else -- and instead we just have a bunch of crazies at worst, bootlickers at best.

From my point of view and reading what moderate conservatives are saying is that (this was before today) if trump asked Ukraine to look into Biden, it's a bad look, bad thing, etc.  If there was a quid pro quo - impeachable for certain.  If its not QPQ, then i'm not necessarily sure that many republicans would get on board with it - as there of course is the political game with the base & voters.

Me personally if the Democrats feel confident they have enough, then go do it.  But, it very well can end up if the impeachment does not go through (Not sure if proper term), will that be an awful look on Dems and some of those in between voters end up voting for Trump.

20 minutes ago, superozman said:

From my point of view and reading what moderate conservatives are saying is that (this was before today) if trump asked Ukraine to look into Biden, it's a bad look, bad thing, etc.  If there was a quid pro quo - impeachable for certain.  If its not QPQ, then i'm not necessarily sure that many republicans would get on board with it - as there of course is the political game with the base & voters.

A man is drowning.  A lifeguard arrives, with a rwscue ring, ready to toss.  Donald Trump stops him, takes the ring, stands on the edge of the pool with the ring in his hands, and asks the drowning man for a favor.  

(A favor which is illegal for Trump to ask for, at all.)  

"Moderate conservative" talking point.  "Well, as long as he did not explicitly state that he was blocking this ring from being given to the man unless the man did what he wanted, . . . "  (In the press release which he just wrote, to try to cover himself.) 

Show me someone who is claiming that what Trump did is OK as long as he did not explicitly state coercion, and I'll show you someone who places his political party above his own honesty.  A person who is knowingly telling a lie, to defend a person who's been caught red-handed abusing the office of the President, n the commission of a crime.  (Because said President is a Republican.)  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

"Moderate conservative" talking point.  "Well, as long as he did not explicitly state that he was blocking this ring from being given to the man unless the man did what he wanted, . . . "  (In the press release which he just wrote, to try to cover himself.) 

I get where you are going with the analogy, but in the end if those who want impeachment feel that this can be proven and not defensed, then lets get the impeachment inquiry going.  In the end, is the evidence strong enough for 2/3s of the senate to say guilty.  and with 53-45-2 make up in the senate, I would think you want a very strong case for 67 guilty votes.

Archived