Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

How long do you think the Dems will drag this on for?  I get the impression that the media and people are cool for now, but if this turns into a giant nothingburger then it’ll be bad news for the Dems.

Also, I think Biden is a big winner in all this.

I know in these times it can be difficult, but this REALLY needs to be viewed in a lens beyond Dem/Repubs. This is literally about how we move forward as a nation. Simply based on what we learned today, the result of this cannot be a nothingburger no matter how its eventually resolved. Trump will either be deservedly impeached or the nation will move forward under a new doctrine in which a president is fully above the law in which case Murica is finished.

either result will be historically consequential

The argument I would make is this is how he operates on a daily basis.  Its all out in the open.  Enriching himself, enriching his power like no one we have ever witnessed as a nation... and half the country don't care because of some "team player baseball" BS. 

If Obama or Bill C ran the country like this, they would be impeached. 

Oh, I read some "4D chess.... this is an ADM Akbar  level trap!!"  Who cares.  Between the dirty payments, tax returns, Russia ties, etc... can't believe people still want this guy as leader.  

WASHINGTON — The intelligence officer who filed a whistle-blower complaint about President Trump’s interactions with the leader of Ukraine raised alarms not only about what the two men said in a phone call, but also about how the White House handled records of the conversation, according to two people briefed on the complaint.

The whistle-blower, moreover, identified multiple White House officials as witnesses to potential presidential misconduct who could corroborate the complaint, the people said — adding that the inspector general for the intelligence community, Michael Atkinson, interviewed witnesses.

Mr. Atkinson eventually concluded that there was reason to believe that the president may have illegally solicited a foreign campaign contribution — and that his potential misconduct created a national security risk, according to a newly disclosed Justice Department memo.

I want to see the select committee televise the hearings like Watergate. That's the reason why We the People called for Nixon's impeachment, even though he resigned, because the electorate saw, every day, how corrupt the Nixon administration was. I was in my 20s during Watergate. 

The Trump administration needs wide exposure, on all fronts.

Archived