Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Unsurprised, but disappointed that no Republican voted for the impeachment inquiry.

Maybe, they don't see enough for impeachment itself, but surely every single one of them sees enough to warrant an inquiry.

Every single one of them believes that being publicly, obviously, seen as obstructing every single thing involving it, helps them politically.  

The real tragedy is that most of them are right.  

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It will be a short chat. Especially since it was edited.

1)  Who should they get to play the President of Ukraine's part?  

2)  They should have Trump insert long pauses for his trademark "deep thinking before speaking" wherever there's ellipsis in the press release.  To make it last 30 minutes. 

3)  And I bet he can't stay on script for the first paragraph.   

lol @ reading the transcript during a "fireside chat". That's like Nixon reading a transcript of his tapes during a live fireside chat.

Though I'm sure there's about a 98% chance that Trump either completely leaves out the actual bad parts or will interrupt himself 30 times within 5 minutes and go off on random ass tangents. I doubt he'll even get through the whole transcript. 

Keep remembering an  editorial cartoon. 

White House press briefing. But the podium and the blue curtain have been set up on a beach. To the side of the stage is a beached whale, labeled "Watergate". A bedsheet, labeled "coverup", has been thrown over it. The reporters are all pointing at it. 

Caption:  I have been specifically authorized to say "What whale?"

Declaring war on people who probably know a lot more than you think they know, about every crooked thing you've done, and who are professionally trained in using and passing information, sure seems like a winning strategy. 

Especially if you didn't learn anything, the first time you did it. 

Archived