Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

You know, I sometimes wonder how much meth you have to crush before you hit up that Reptilian takeover stuff, but, when you see the faces the beings make on this channel, the way they talk, even the way they sit... Gotta say, it makes the mind wander

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So in that Kevin McCarthy clip he refers to the transcripts being released that everyone can read.  Did I miss something or is what he is referring to *still* actually just the summary of the call and not the complete transcript?

Also, the GOP has gone full-on "we don't care" when ti comes to this now.  The cycle has been completed. They tried to cover for Trump, but the facts showed Trump did exactly what he was accused of doing.  They all acted like "it would be bad if he did that, but he didn't" then as soon as it was revealed that yes, he did it, now it's perfectly acceptable that he did it.  Their defense of Trump continues to become more and more shameless. 

Yea, this was always going to end up as the Republicans having to resort to "Donald Trump has the absolute right to do whatever he did."  Which is just another way of saying that he is above the law.  

The amazing part is that the concept of "there must be a quid pro quo" should not be the standard here.  The GOP just WANTED that to be the standard because they assumed it wouldn't be met.  Yet here we are.  So now even that has to be defended, which is going to be a tough sell to anyone that isn't 100% inside the Fox News Cinematic Universe. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

You cannot make this **** up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/29/fundamentally-un-american-attacks-alexander-vindman/

A documentary crew working for Ken Burns was exploring New York in the early 1980s, working on a feature about the Statue of Liberty as part of Burns’s “America” series. Near Brighton Beach, they found an elderly woman sitting on a bench with twin boys, then about 10 years old.

They'd come from Russia, from Kyiv, the twins told the camera, their explanations overlapping. “Our mother died, so we went to Italy,” one added, “and then we came here."

In the final version of the film, titled, “Statue of Liberty,” the twins begin a section of interviews with other immigrants to the United States: a woman from Austria, a couple from Italy, a man from Cuba who worked at Yankee Stadium. The through-line is obvious, even without historian David McCullough’s introduction to the segment.

“To me, the Statue of Liberty is like the light that’s left on back home,” he said. Being at the statue, he said, made “you feel something I think much more than just being an American. You feel the importance of being human. And you feel a kind of fraternal [bond] with everybody who has come here."

That’s when the film transitions to the twins, identified as having come from the Soviet Union — at that point, the fiercest international rival to the United States.

Above that identifier is the twins’ family name: the Vindmans.

The twins, Alexander and Yevgeny Vindman, both ended up working for the White House under President Trump. Both Vindmans served in the U.S. Army, and both rose to the rank of lieutenant colonel. Each now works for the National Security Council.

Theirs is, in the abstract, the quintessential American story. Migrants who arrived from the former Soviet Union at age 3 who’ve since dedicated their lives to serving their new country. The Vindmans’ experience is a manifestation of the poem at the base of the statue: They are part of the impoverished, huddled masses seeking the chance to breathe free. They did so, deeply.

DBDULFUGV5DONH4XIYINRZAJL4.gif

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

All about the military and the vets until one of the says something bad or in this case,implicates fearless leader and then it's turn on them. I'm a vet and I'lll put this as politely as possible. "Hey. Trump and GOP Trumpers. Don't bull**** a bull****ter. Go **** yourselves.  Have a nice day." :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just when you think that the ****ers at Fox News, Sean Duffy, John Yoo, Donald Trump et. al. can't sink any lower, they prove you wrong.

Edit: I took Donald Trump off the list, because I long ago realized there is NO limit on how low he can sink.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

I can't remember who, but someone on the board pointed out something important regarding Trump scandals. A lot of the evidence against him has been convoluted or brought forward by "less desirable" people. This one seems to be pretty black and white, it also continues to get worse as time goes on. Not only as more facts come out, but by the pure incompetance of Trump and his people. The lies, the confessions, releasing transcripts and butt dialing has all made this pretty straight forward.Its getting hard for the GOP to argue a defense for Trump at this point.

As that some person also pointed out, the Trump administration never got ahead of this scandal to bury it or change the narrative. Also, they played the wait and see game to their own detriment and brought a weak argument to the table. I expect more republicans to jump ship once they see their polling numbers when connected to Trump.

I don't really understand this huge need for Whistleblower testimony anymore considering now we have a member of the military WHO WAS ON THE CALL, corroborating everything the whistleblower said.   To clarify, I don't mean we don't need the WB testimony at all, but the idea that this whole thing relies solely on the WB testimony is now over.  So far we have two other folks corroborating.   The case has already been made.  If the GOP don't want to deal with the facts that is on them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic