Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just now, redskinss said:

Enlighten me ( and I don't mean that sarcastically) what has she done that was so clever?

I've heard people suggest she's playing chess while others are playing checkers but I dont understand what it is that she got extra credit for so to speak.

I personally think she lucked into this to be honest with you. But the narrative is that she waited for the President to hang himself. Letting him think he was in the clear and there was no justice coming his way, he got ****y and went out on TV and admitted to a crime. Once he did that she went all in. 

Im not too sure about that. But hey, old people be knowing ****. And im sure shes played this game before with smarter people. So who really knows but her? 

59 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Enlighten me ( and I don't mean that sarcastically) what has she done that was so clever?

I've heard people suggest she's playing chess while others are playing checkers but I dont understand what it is that she got extra credit for so to speak.

For how unlikeable she is to me. She's very smart. Very calculated. She knows policy and process. In this situation, she knows that getting into a screaming fight with him isn't the way. Rather, she slow rolls everything because he has poor self -control leading to self-inflicted wounds.

It's like getting him to take credit for the shutdown. She just sad there and let him do it.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats a good point. She is really good at letting him play himself and using that to her advantage. 

For him, it's the only strategy. Because you aren't going to start calling him names the way he does it.

Where she fails (and the Dems fail) IMO is they aren't putting enough effort into neutering his support network. Guys like Meadows and Jordan and others have a lot of their own personal issues that should put them on defense for their own careers. So, I don't think she's playing 4D chess. I think she's saying "Let's see who can hold their breath the longest...." while breathing through her nose and he's turning red (oranger)

I don't think Pelosi is necessarily some kind of mastermind in this whole thing, just that she viewed the impeachment as a a full 9 inning game and didn't want to go for the big hit(s) in the 3rd inning, which would give the GOP more ammo to fight back.  Pelosi recognized that if she could get the tide to turn as far as public perception before really going for it, it would be an asset in this entire process.  Information is being released at such a high rate at the moment that every single GOP talking point is rendered obsolete within 48 hours.  This is why the GOP is getting so frantic, they are running out of ways to defend the President from the facts.  They have already pulled their "Yes he did it, but who cares, it's perfectly OK to do this, we do it all the time, right? Riiiiiiiiight?!" hail mary and the hearings aren't even public yet.

I don't think this makes Pelosi a genius or anything, just someone who understands process and procedure on a micro & macro level where a lot of others can't see the forest through the trees. 

Don't worry everyone, the collective brain trust of Jim Jordan, Mark Meadows, & Matt Gaetz will assure us all why this was a perfect call, no quid pro quo, but then simultaneously tell us why the quid pro quo they just claimed never happened, was completely okay and something to be proud of. 

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

At this point, it's just easier to point out the list of people who havent said Trump was guilty of a quid pro quo.  Has anybody testified otherwise?

No. 

Get ready to hear a lot of “it’s poor judgement but it’s not impeachable” takes.

Lol Sondland got scared and told the truth.

You know, it's a damn shame these incompetent boobs managed to cover up their 2016 stuff.  I was hoping we could parlay this whole thing into a annulment and just toss all his appointments out too.

Alas, we'll have to settle for impeachment on the illegal **** he did AFTER getting into office.

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Information is being released at such a high rate at the moment that every single GOP talking point is rendered obsolete within 48 hours. 

Immaculate timing Mike.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

58 minutes ago, visionary said:

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That is probably why Graham is looking at the ground while making that statement.  Worried the transcripts might be in front of his face. 

Makes sense. Cause we know he’s not no shame so that can’t be it. 

Archived