Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

57 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Is this a highlander situation?  There can only be one Martin?  However, what if, and I'm just spitballing here, having a Martin and Throckmartin results in them fusing together to create one super Martin?  I'm thinking of something like Bill & Ted Bogus Journey.

Maybe we could pick up the Reaper for Free Safety

I crammed in two Phillips games before the championship tonight.  It's tough for me to come up with a conclusion.  He's tall and lanky and can easily put on another 10 pounds of muscle.  LSU had him play weakside and strong but more weak in the games I watched.  He's relatively fluid for a MLB in coverage, backpedals well and seems to play his coverage assignments well presuming he's tracking the right guy.  I see PFF touts his tackling ability but in the games I watched he was decent but not what I call a voracious type of tackler.  Kenneth Murray to me struck me more as a tone setter tackler type.  5th rounder?

I watched Fulton a little at the same time. I was impressed.  He seemed to lock into his man well.   Good speed.  Feisty.  Really fluid hips, changes directions well.  Can play man.  Like Okudah he's a bit handsy so that might burn him as for penalties in the pros.  I am presuming he falls to the 2nd.  Wonder if he hits the third because his drug bust in college, etc?  He's no Okudah but he looks like a player to me. 

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What broadcast is everyone watching? I’ll probably flip from coaches film room and the main.

Same for me.  Regular broadcast flipping back and forth with the Coaches film Room broadcast

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I crammed in two Phillips games before the championship tonight.  It's tough for me to come up with a conclusion.  He's tall and lanky and can easily put on another 10 pounds of muscle.  LSU had him play weakside and strong but more weak in the games I watched.  He's relatively fluid for a MLB in coverage, backpedals well and seems to play his coverage assignments well presuming he's tracking the right guy.

Phillips popped for me last year when I was watching Devin White.  He had a huge interception return in the game where he was running stride for stride with Devin White.  White ran a 4.42 at the combine.  Phillips is fast for his size.  He is definitely an interesting prospect.  I like him more than Queen and the other linebackers in that group.

Nope. Doesn’t help. I value Simmons as a hybrid player who is the best OLB prospect I’ve seen come out in... well I can’t remember the last time an OLB type of player came out like Simmons.

I really like Chase Young, but we have a “generational talent” every other year at edge.

Clemson is mixing up their playcalls really well on offense so far. 

Higgins is pretty undisciplined in the way he plays. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Simmons generates the pressure off the edge and then mans up on the RB wide of the hashes on second down and gets the pass defensed.

That was unreal. Dude lined up on the hashes and stays tight matched up against a back that has made everyone look silly this season.

His versatility is absolutely insane. He’s such a weapon. 

Just now, KDawg said:

That was unreal. Dude lined up on the hashes and stays right matched up against a back that has made everyone look silly this season. 

His versatility is absolutely insane. He’s such a weapon.  

He's a big game dude too.  He starred in the CFP last year too and was the best player on the field against Alabama's offense last season.  He's going to have a big night.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's a big game dude too.  He starred in the CFP last year too and was the best player on the field against Alabama's offense last season.  He's going to have a big night.

Yup. I don’t think a lot of people are aware of just how good he is. Dude is an absolute stud. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Simmons has shown me enough already to make me want to trade down and grab Simmons but it’s also not worth the risk. If Detroit wants to swap spaces and throw in a pick I’ll be cool.

Also, Stingley is gonna be a top 10 pick next year. Remember this post.

He’s a freshman. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yup. I don’t think a lot of people are aware of just how good he is. Dude is an absolute stud. 

The CFB fans will know him.  He won the Butkus and I think he deserved it over Micah Parsons.  Parsons can win it next year.

--------

Damn, LSU just picked on Terrell on that series.

Archived