Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Simmons would help the edge play too.  He's going to keep being like a 6 or 7 sack a year guy in the NFL.  Very good supplemental edge pressure in addition to all of the other awesome stuff he does.

They're going to need to bracket Chase.  Jefferson can be covered one on one.

Terrell is a good player but Chase is a freak.  He needs help.

Without a doubt. Simmons does it all. And he would absolutely help on the edge rush. He’s just a different animal. 

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Teams would have to commit more attention toward Young than they would Simmons..Simmons can easily be nuetralized,where Young can't..young will require double teams just about every play and that will free up someone else on that DL.

Im not sure what your definition of “easily” is. But I don’t think he can be neutralized all that easily. He can rush the passer, play force, cover slot receivers, backs, and tight ends. He can range very well sideline to sideline. He can play outside the hashes. He can even line up at MIKE and get downhill.

He has great hands and quick feet in the pass rush game. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Without a doubt. Simmons does it all. And he would absolutely help on the edge rush. He’s just a different animal. 

Im not sure what your definition of “easily” is. But I don’t think he can be neutralized all that easily. He can rush the passer, play force, cover slot receivers, backs, and tight ends. He can range. He can play outside the hashes. He can even line up at MIKE and get downhill.

He has great hands and quick feet in the pass rush game. 

Simmons would get swallowed up in the NFL trying to rush the passer..I just don't see a difference maker.

Regarding Simmons vs Young, in NFL comparisons Is it safe to ask would you rather have a do it all linebacker like Ray Lewis (Simmons) or a pass rushing game wrecker like LT (Young)? Does that somewhat explain their different game styles?

They both seem like tremendous prospects to me.

Just now, bh32 said:

Simmons would get swallowed up in the NFL trying to rush the passer..I just don't see a difference maker.

We all see what we see. I think you’re just trying to justify your passion for Young by knocking Simmons down... and you don’t need to do that to be justified in your love for Young.

Young is extremely special. You’re absolutely right for liking him. 

But Simmons holds up well at the POA and I’m not sure why you think a guy with his wing span that also weighs 230 pounds and will likely add a few more in the pros would get swallowed on edge rushes in the NFL.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Regarding Simmons vs Young, in NFL comparisons Is it safe to ask would you rather have a do it all linebacker like Ray Lewis (Simmons) or a pass rushing game wrecker like LT (Young)? Does that somewhat explain their different game styles?

I would take LT every single time

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Nah. Simmons isn’t Lewis. Not as much of a thumper and not quite as good down hill. 

Simmons is a big Derwin James. At outside backer.

Young reminds me a lot of a combination of the Bosas.

I mean barring trades obviously, but if the only trade up there were us trading back with San Diego.

Burrow

Tua

Young

Giants - I honestly think they go OT/WR

Miami - Herbert.

I think our best case scenario is Miami and San Diego getting in a bidding war for our pick, and us landing with Simmons

Allen/Settle/Ion/Payne at DT, with Kerrigan/Sweat/Anderson at DE, and Simmons/Healthy Foster/ and another OLB

I mean if Miami gets Scared and gives us 5/18/39 I have no problem taking Simmons OLB/S, Fulton CB , and Jefferson WR and calling it a day

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We all see what we see. I think you’re just trying to justify your passion for Young by knocking Simmons down... and you don’t need to do that to be justified in your love for Young.

Young is extremely special. You’re absolutely right for liking him. 

But Simmons holds up well at the POA and I’m not sure why you think a guy with his wing span that also weighs 230 pounds and will likely add a few more in the pros would get swallowed on edge rushes in the NFL.

I like Simmons,But Young  just causes so much more havoc..Redskins need a edge rusher so bad to make the DL elite.

12 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Tua won't know how he's healing for 4 more months.  Otherwise, yes.

Okudah though, I disagree.  Simmons is worth more on the field than Okudah.  You don't see guys like him in the NFL often.  What position is he?  You don't know because he can have a variety of assignments, and do them all well.  He's the chess piece that defensive coordinators would salivate over.

I take the shutdown CB.Okudah is by far the best CB to out come since Ramsey.Ramsey has more value than any outside linebacker in the league thats in a 4-3 .I like Simmons but you can't build a defense around him.Simmons is a flashy toy that makes peoples imagination go wild.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Ray Lewis wasn't a do-it-all linebacker.

I'm taking Young over Simmons, but Simmons over Okudah.  That's not a knock on Okudah, he's a fantastic prospect.

3 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I take the shutdown CB.Okudah is by far the best CB to out come since Ramsey.Ramsey has more value than any outside linebacker in the league thats in a 4-3 .I like Simmons but you can't build a defense around him.Simmons is a flashy toy that makes peoples imagination go wild.

Of course you can.  Simmons is one of the few backers who can make a Tampa 2 defense work.  Derrick Brooks and Brian Urlacher are examples.  You can switch his role game to game to take away what the other offense likes to do, or attack where they're weak.

Gotta believe there's almost no way RR and JDR move off of Chase Young unless the offer is insane...Maybe like Miami offers three 1sts, 2 seconds and Devante Parker???

Or San Diego offers three 1sts, 2 seconds and Derwin James....

- You would think that one of the biggest reasons why we don't pass on Chase Young is to let NYG take him so we have to deal with him for the next 10 years. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Simmons is all over the field. This isn’t helping me get over the fact we’re going to take Young and not him. :ols:

49 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Simmons has shown me enough already to make me want to trade down and grab Simmons but it’s also not worth the risk. If Detroit wants to swap spaces and throw in a pick I’ll be cool.

Also, Stingley is gonna be a top 10 pick next year. Remember this post.

Add this to the equation, if you move down to take Simmons you will be watching Chase Young attacking your QB in a Giant uniform for the next 12 years. Do you still want to trade down? Cheers.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jefferson dropped it!  Man, that is atypical.

He made up for it. 

LSU is doing such a good job with the play calling. Simmons got home but Burrow got rid of the ball.

Im noticing that the Clemson defense is fairly undisciplined in pursuit and tackling when Simmons isn’t around the ball. 

Burrow’s legs add a tremendous dynamic to his game that shouldn’t be discounted. Same with Lawrence.

Archived