Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I haven't scouted Thomas, but there's a push from some to have Wirfs or Wills (or both) ahead of Thomas.  So...maybe Top 6 then?

I think there's a very real possibility Giants go OT at #4, whether Thomas, Wills, or Wirfs.  And I expect the Lions to trade back.  So I don't think there's a lock top anything other than top 2.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I haven't scouted Thomas, but there's a push from some to have Wirfs or Wills (or both) ahead of Thomas.  So...maybe Top 6 then?

I’ve watched them a little each. Don’t love any of them and they’re all fairly interchangeable from what I’ve seen. Though I imagine I’ll delve into it more later. 

To be more accurate I should have said “one of the OTs” :)

Just now, KDawg said:

Sounds strange but I think the top 5 is more like a top 7 depending on what teams do with trades and if they weight need...

Tua, Burrow, Young, Simmons, Okudah, Thomas, Jeudy and maybe even Lamb

I am factoring a Tua trade in the top 5.  That's the big wildcard though, how healthy is he?  If there are some doubts about his health, Miami might be able to just sit and grab him at 5.  The Giants to me are the other wildcard. 

I'd frame the receivers the opposite way.  Lamb and maybe even Jeudy.  😀  I love both guys but I am betting Lamb goes first with the caveat that the combine is probably big for him one way or another.  Still I'd be surprised if either sneaks into the top 5 unless Tua's health is in question.

To me the three slam dunk ones are Burrow, Chase Young, Okudah.  I would take Simmons myself over Okudah but it wouldn't shock me if some teams would value a shutdown corner more.   The Giants though can be a wildcard.  Gettleman loves the big boys in the trenches so he might go Thomas.

1 minute ago, Ghedrick said:

Maybe we should hope the Bengals take Chase and we land Burrow.This guy looks like the real deal.His ability to make off schedule plays and his accuracy are flat out elite.

We’re in a great place because we will walk away with one of Young, Burrow, Simmons or Okudah. 

That’s exciting.

18 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Fair enough, and for the record I won't be mad if we pick Young. But froma value standpoint, going to 5  or 6 and picking up 2-3 1st and 2nds is something I would not pass on

3- first round picks and 2- second round picks for our #2 is not going to happen. Cindy takes Tua and Barrow is available to us mabe 2- firsts and a second but not 5 picks. 

3 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Maybe we should hope the Bengals take Chase and we land Burrow.This guy looks like the real deal.His ability to make off schedule plays and his accuracy are flat out elite.

Yes but then would you trade the pick for a boatload or take Barrow and trade Haskins?

38 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Add this to the equation, if you move down to take Simmons you will be watching Chase Young attacking your QB in a Giant uniform for the next 12 years. Do you still want to trade down? Cheers.

Well I imagine whomever we trade with is doing so for Chase so just don’t trade to them lol.

8 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Yes but then would you trade the pick for a boatload or take Barrow and trade Haskins?

I think I have as much of a chance as anyone here going #1 to Cincy than Chase Young.  I've thought the idea that Burrow would drop to #2 is a bit crazy but this game is taking crazy to new lengths.  I say 0% shot Cincy isn't taking Burrow.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I've watched all three a fair amount now, and I think it's pretty clear that Thomas is the best of the three.  He's almost as good an athlete as Wirfs but he is bigger and more powerful and bruising.  And he faced a murderer's row of competition the past two years and fared well.  His assignments are way, way harder than the ones Wirfs and Wills draw.

He's not perfect.  You wish he was more flexible.  You wish his level of physicality was more consistent.  But he gets the job done.  He's a worthy top ten pick and I'm not sure Wirfs and Wills are.

Be really interested to see how he grades out compared to the tackles who become draft eligible next year.  Penei Sewell is a better college player than Thomas, but he's way smaller than Thomas.  I feel like we might be able to steal him next year even if we don't pick that high, and the smart play for us this year could be to wait on tackle, trade Trent for future capital, and just pick the blue chip defenders and receivers in this year's class.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see any way Cincy passes on Burrow given his performance this season and against a defense with some very quality players on it.  

Against the same team that beat Chase Young's team...  It couldn't be more of a stark contrast between the value of the QB position and the value of the DE position.

10 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Want to risk it, Lions taking Young. I was torn between Young and trading down but the last thing I want to see is Chase Young in a Giant uniform.

What if Detroit wants Young and offers us two firsts and a 2nd to move up 1 spot. They take Young, we take whoever or even trade back again with someone who wants Tua????? 

What if Detroit trades out of 3 with Miami and Oakland wants the same player as the Dolphins do???? 

The possibilities are endless....we better have our ducks in a row because there may be some serious offers coming our way.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Against the same team that beat Chase Young's team...  It couldn't be more of a stark contrast between the value of the QB position and the value of the DE position.

What type of effect do you think Chase would have on LSU's pass game if he was on the field? 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Probably not a heck of a lot more than he did on Clemson's.  If anything LSU's passing offense is even better.

Clemson's offense appear to be alot more open this evening.I seen alot of empty back fields and 5-7 step drops from LSU.You believe that they can get away with that if Chase was on the field?

Archived