Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Add this to the equation, if you move down to take Simmons you will be watching Chase Young attacking your QB in a Giant uniform for the next 12 years. Do you still want to trade down? Cheers.

If you are running your team based off what other teams might do, you'll never win anyways

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Add this to the equation, if you move down to take Simmons you will be watching Chase Young attacking your QB in a Giant uniform for the next 12 years. Do you still want to trade down? Cheers.

I don’t think Young makes it beyond Detroit.

But as I’ve said, I’m not sure how you pass on Young.

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Of course you can.  Simmons is one of the few backers who can make a Tampa 2 defense work.  Derrick Brooks and Brian Urlacher are examples.  You can switch his role game to game to take away what the other offense likes to do, or attack where they're weak.

Please do not compare this guy to Urlacher he is not even close.D.Brooks was not the focal point of the Tampa defense it started up front with Sapp and Rice.

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Chase and Burrow are eating up the Clemson secondary.  

Clemson is going to need to keep up

Most of it is Terrell getting absolutely sauced.

Chase is incredible. He is single handedly making Terrell’s draft stock tumble.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's an insult to Chase.

Thats not, and this is an example of people putting Young at a myth level status. 

Clowney, Donald, the Bosas and more have come out and for some reason people are acting like Young is ions better than these guys, when in reality I won't agree that he is better than all of them coming out

1 minute ago, Ghedrick said:

Please do not compare this guy to Urlacher he is not even close.D.Brooks was not the focal point of the Tampa defense it started up front with Sapp and Rice.

Tampa 2 defense.  It's a scheme that relies on the MLB being extremely mobile and capable of dropping into a deep middle zone.  It's not a normal Cover 2.  It adds a big wrinkle to that defense that takes away Seam shots.  Without that type of MLB, you can't run a Tampa 2.

Just now, Skins199021 said:

Thats not, and this is an example of people putting Young at a myth level status. 

Clowney, Donald, the Bosas and more have come out and for some reason people are acting like Young is ions better than these guys, when in reality I won't agree that he is better than all of them coming out

That's not what I said at all.

I'm saying a combination of the Bosas does not describe Young's game at all.  It completely overlooks his burst and athleticism and you could argue it overrates his technique.  That's it.

Just now, Skins199021 said:

He is said to be a better prospect than the Bosa's by the NFL scouts.....take that for what it's worth. I was ecstatic when we drafted Lavar Arrington and he was a huge disappointment so you never know. Arrington was a freakish athletic nasty prospect who was just too undisciplined to play in a defense. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's not what I said at all.

I'm saying a combination of the Bosas does not describe Young's game at all.  It completely overlooks his burst and athleticism and you could argue it overrates his technique.  That's it.

Say what?

Joey Bosa is all burst with some power. Nick is the opposite. Calling Young a combo of the two is a tremendous compliment. 

And his technique is very, very good. 

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Tampa 2 defense.  It's a scheme that relies on the MLB being extremely mobile and capable of dropping into a deep middle zone.  It's not a normal Cover 2.  It adds a big wrinkle to that defense that takes away Seam shots.  Without that type of MLB, you can't run a Tampa 2.

D.Brooks was an outside backer.Simmons is not a MLB and even if he was he is not on the same planet as Urlacher.

Archived