Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's not what I said at all.

I'm saying a combination of the Bosas does not describe Young's game at all.  It completely overlooks his burst and athleticism and you could argue it overrates his technique.  That's it.

Fair enough, and for the record I won't be mad if we pick Young. But froma value standpoint, going to 5  or 6 and picking up 2-3 1st and 2nds is something I would not pass on

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Say what?

Joey Bosa is all burst with some power. Nick is the opposite. Calling Young a combo of the two is a tremendous compliment. 

And his technique is very, very good. 

Huh?

BOTTOM LINE

Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-­4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection. Bosa might be at his best with a defensive coordinator willing to move him around the field.

I love Edwards-Helaire. 

He stays as square to the LOS as possible and then downhill like a battering ram. He’s the hammer inside the tackles, but he doesn’t take unnecessary contact on the perimeter. The guy is going to be good at the next level.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Huh?

BOTTOM LINE

Body beautiful college end who has the talent and upside to play with a hand down or standing in the pros. Bosa might not have the pure edge speed to be an elite pass rusher, but his hand usage and ability to generate push as a bull-rusher should make him a very good 4-3 base end or a 3-­4 outside linebacker. Bosa has a few more flaws than some may be willing to admit and his upside might be good rather than great, but his traits and growth potential as a player make him a safe selection. Bosa might be at his best with a defensive coordinator willing to move him around the field.

Burst does not equal speed.

He has extremely fast hands and outstanding athleticism that helps him get around the edge. He’s also able to drop into coverage. 

He stacks and sheds very well and can turn the corner on tackles by getting off the ball extremely fast.

His long arms also keep bigger tackles off of his frame.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I love Edwards-Helaire. 

He stays as square to the LOS as possible and then downhill like a battering ram. He’s the hammer inside the tackles, but he doesn’t take unnecessary contact on the perimeter. The guy is going to be good at the next level.

Reminds of MJD.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Burst does not equal speed.

He has extremely fast hands and outstanding athleticism that helps him get around the edge. He’s also able to drop into coverage. 

He stacks and sheds very well and can turn the corner on tackles by getting off the ball extremely fast.

Joey Bosa was known as a technical demon.  If you think his burst was special, I can't help you there.

I've been on the train that no way Cincy doesn't take Burrow before this game.  But this game makes the whole notion of them not going Burrow preposterous.  

Big play on the big stage all season long. Out dueling the golden boy from Clemson.

Simmons IMO cementing himself as a slam dunk top 5 pick or close enough.

I think top 5 is borderline locked in:  Burrow, Young, Simmons, Okudah, Tua (if healthy).  Not sure about the permutation of the 5. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What a freaking drive by Burrow.  He got destroyed on that throw.

Yup. Burrow with 22 seconds left in the half and no timeouts runs for 21 yards himself when the play was not there and had the common sense to run out of bounds as well. Risky but he took a chance and knew what to do exactly. Then on the next throw he gets a TD. He was playing really sharp there. 

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So people here.  In a vacuum, Burrow > Trevor Lawrence?

Maybe.  Accuracy.  Pocket presence.  Mobility.  Moxie.  Throws with anticipation.  Courage in the pocket.   And his intangibles are supposedly through the roof -- leader, teammates love him. 

Only thing Burrow is missing is a rocket arm.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been on the train that no way Cincy doesn't take Burrow before this game.  But this game makes the whole notion of them not going Burrow preposterous.  

Big play on the big stage all season long. Out dueling the golden boy from Clemson.

Simmons IMO cementing himself as a slam dunk top 5 pick or close enough.

I think top 5 is borderline locked in:  Burrow, Young, Simmons, Okudah, Tua (if healthy).  Not sure about the permutation of the 5. 

Sounds strange but I think the top 5 is more like a top 7 depending on what teams do with trades and if they weight need...

Tua, Burrow, Young, Simmons, Okudah, Thomas, Jeudy and maybe even Lamb

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  Accuracy.  Pocket presence.  Mobility.  Moxie.  Throws with anticipation.  Courage in the pocket.   And his intangibles are supposedly through the roof -- leader, teammates love him. 

Only thing Burrow is missing is a rocket arm.

And GM's will knock him for his size.  However idiotic that is.

Archived