Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

We're just not going to get Chase Young.  He's the best non-QB in the class and he'll be the first non-QB off the board so he'll go second or third overall.  And there is just no way that we're worse than the Dolphins, Cardinals, or Jets.  I imagine the Cardinals will get him.

We're probably not worse than the Bengals or Steelers either, so the Dolphins are probably going to get two cracks at him.  The Broncos and Giants suck too.

We're more likely to finish 6-10 than top five.  That will definitely be too late for Chase Young and probably too late for Thomas too.  It's Jerry Jeudy and Jeff Okudah range though.

Dolphins will take Tua #1 and the team that holds the #2 pick, even if they don't take Herbert, will trade down with a team that will want him and that team will take him #2. If we end up at #4, we'll have a really hard choice to make between Jeudy and Thomas. Logic says to go with Thomas but Jeudy is a guy that has the look of a future All Pro. Tough choice but I'd take Jeudy to pair with McLaurin, setting up the best receiver duo we've had since the 80s

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We're just not going to get Chase Young.  He's the best non-QB in the class and he'll be the first non-QB off the board so he'll go second or third overall.  And there is just no way that we're worse than the Dolphins, Cardinals, or Jets.  I imagine the Cardinals will get him.

We're probably not worse than the Bengals or Steelers either, so the Dolphins are probably going to get two cracks at him.  The Broncos and Giants suck too.

We're more likely to finish 6-10 than top five.  That will definitely be too late for Chase Young and probably too late for Thomas too.  It's Jerry Jeudy and Jeff Okudah range though.

I'm feeling 4-12 right now, which still leaves us a low chance at Chase Young unfortunately. That can definitely net us in the top 4 to 6 draft range though. If we draft at 4 we can grab whoever is left from Andrew Thomas, Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy. 

I think we beat the dolphins, Giants once, Jets, and Lions. I dont see how this team is legitimately better than anyone else on the schedule. I'm actually not even sure we beat the Lions. 3-13 definitely nets a top 5 pick, but obviously right now with this schedule we have to assume this season is already lost. 

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

6 wins????   Bahahahahaha   I want whatever you're smoking!!!  

39 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Thomas , Jeudy, Chase. For me right now that's the order going back and forth with those three. Imo,( tho it might seem weird being he's a wr) Jeudy seems the safest pick, Thomas the biggest need, and Chase the most upside.

I'm happy with any one of those. I'd love Tua as a massive trade chip though, we need to get some draft capital back that we lost from 2012 -2014. 

My order is probably the same. At this point it seems like OL early where we have to go but I'm not sure Andrew Thomas is the same level of prospect as Jeudy or Young. They both seem just a smidge better as prospects. 

I’m too much of a DMV homer, particularly when it comes to DeMatha ... Chase Young would be the best scenario imaginable to me. Get a first for Trent, grab Tee Higgins, and we can cause some problems.

Top pick:

Thomas

Young

Shenault

Jeudy

Possible 2nd #1

Diggs

Higgins

Okudah

Gandy-Golden (I’ve watched 3 Liberty games this year, he’s incredible)

Wirfs

Smith

Delpit

Adams

Little

Adebo

Simmons

Reagor

Zuniga the guy we don’t necessarily need, but he’s a monster. Walter football has him falling to the last pick in round 2, but that seems unlikely. 

Nobody wants to have draft fever in September, but here we are.

I like Henderson, but not at 6. I'd rather trade down or take Little. 

Also, Cincy is gonna need a QB and Findlay ain't the answer. Denver's already spent a ton of resources on receivers (Sutton, Hamilton) and they need OL help badly. Jets have invested so much into the defense already and that offense is pathetic. If they want Darnold to thrive then they have to give him weapons. I also don't see why Miami would spend two prime picks on glamor positions and not fix the OL? 

Maybe i'm looking too much into this. 

18 hours ago, volsmet said:

I’m too much of a DMV homer, particularly when it comes to DeMatha ... Chase Young would be the best scenario imaginable to me. Get a first for Trent, grab Tee Higgins, and we can cause some problems.

Top pick:

Thomas

Young

Shenault

Jeudy

Possible 2nd #1

Diggs

Higgins

Okudah

Gandy-Golden (I’ve watched 3 Liberty games this year, he’s incredible)

Wirfs

Smith

Delpit

Adams

Little

Adebo

Simmons

Reagor

Zuniga the guy we don’t necessarily need, but he’s a monster. Walter football has him falling to the last pick in round 2, but that seems unlikely. 

Nobody wants to have draft fever in September, but here we are.

Two early picks could definitely happen between a TW trade or dropping back with the first pick. While one of the edge guys or WR's sounds great, OL and cover guys seem the biggest holes along with TE. How about Thomas or Wirfs and Biadasz, that should help Haskins! I haven't been able to study CB's at this point Hall and Okuda sound good. Honestly I really like Delpit and Simmons also.

31 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Two early picks could definitely happen between a TW trade or dropping back with the first pick. While one of the edge guys or WR's sounds great, OL and cover guys seem the biggest holes along with TE. How about Thomas or Wirfs and Biadasz, that should help Haskins! I haven't been able to study CB's at this point Hall and Okuda sound good. Honestly I really like Delpit and Simmons also.

Diggs is my favorite corner right now, but I’m not entirely certain how much of that is my dmv love affair. He looks elite in every aspect to me.

Two middle firsts could net us Wirfs & Higgins. I want DH to have a guy he can throw to when in trouble, and Higgins is that for Lawrence ... the ability to extend a drive with a lob to a freak is enticing if the freak proves he has reliable hands. There are a couple guards entering FA that are very good players, we need to set up Haskins to succeed and make our opposition one dimensional if possible.

Simmons ... so enticing, so versatile, he, Collins and Foster would be nice to have roaming the middle. Terrifying.

46 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Two middle firsts could net us Wirfs & Higgins. I want DH to have a guy he can throw to when in trouble, and Higgins is that for Lawrence ... the ability to extend a drive with a lob to a freak is enticing if the freak proves he has reliable hands. There are a couple guards entering FA that are very good players, we need to set up Haskins to succeed and make our opposition one dimensional if possible.

Simmons ... so enticing, so versatile, he, Collins and Foster would be nice to have roaming the middle. Terrifying.

Yes Wirfs and Higgins would be a great haul. Higgins along with a few others are amazing receiver talents. They will need at least 2 new OL starters and big time help in the defensive backfield.

Simmons would be incredible, really impressive.

I'm not hating on them, but I'm not as high on Delpit and Simmons as the rest of the draftnik community.  I think they're being overrated in the projections that have them going in the first half of the first round.

I also really like what I've seen from Okudah so far.  He's not super physical against the run but he's not weak nor soft and he never plays scared and he does a good job in force duty.  His coverage is outstanding.  He has the size and athleticism to man up on anyone.

Scouts Compare Andrew Thomas to Tunsil, Rave About Georgia OL

Updated Sept. 27, 2019
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Since his freshman season Georgia left tackle Andrew Thomas has gotten a lot of praise for his future as a top NFL prospect, and that is becoming a reality during his junior season. Coming off a good game against Notre Dame, sources from multiple teams say they think Thomas will be a top-10 pick next April and is better than most offensive line prospects over the past few drafts. On top of Thomas being a top prospect, sources feel that the rest of the Georgia offensive line is comprised of future NFL competitors and there will be multiple other early-round picks to come from this Bulldogs offensive line.

Across the board, scouts say that Thomas is better than Jonah Williams, the first offensive lineman taken in the 2019 NFL Draft. They feel that Thomas is more comparable to Laremy Tunsil coming out of Ole Miss in 2016 and feel that Thomas is a better prospect than Ronnie Stanley, who went in that same draft. Some feel that Thomas needs some technical work, but they also feel he is a better player with a better skill set than Stanley. Some say Thomas is not quite as athletic as Tunsil, but Thomas is stronger and more consistent than Tunsil was at Ole Miss. Every team sources felt that Thomas was a future top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and a franchise tackle who could play on the right or left side.

Other than Thomas, multiple sources thought left guard Solomon Kindley could be a late first- or early second-round pick. Some feel that Kindley needs to lose some weight, but everybody liked his ability, with some evaluators thinking Kindley could be a plug-and-play starter after getting drafted.

Right tackle Isaiah Wilson also received praise from sources. They feel that Wilson (6-7, 340) is raw and needs development, thus he would be better off going to the 2021 NFL Draft. If Andrew Thomas moves on to the NFL as expected, Wilson could move to the left tackle spot in 2020 or stay at right tackle if Georgia decides to move guard Cade Mays to left tackle. Wilson broke into the starting lineup as a redshirt freshman in 2018. Team sources say that if Wilson develops, he definitely has first-round potential given his size and skill set. If he were to enter the 2020 NFL Draft, some scouts thought Wilson might go late in the first round or be a second-day pick.

http://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Scouts-Compare-Andrew-Thomas-to-Tunsil,-Rave-About-Georgia-OL

Archived