Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

and a possible replacement for Chris Thompson down the line

Right now he'll replace Chris Thompson on the IR, or they'll both share a place there at some point during the season...

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think it's more nefarious than that. I think SIP is buttering the toast and angling to be hired as a team scout. Look out Bruce! SIP is after your job!!!

SIP is also good at politics according to him, maybe he could help Dan finding a stadium better than Bruce.

SIP will save us!

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess this is the one that will disagree with the rest. I think Hall is a far superior player. Harmon is SLOW and he struggles to get separation. Those two traits are a death nail for an NFL WR. He won on physicality in college. He wont be able to do that in the NFL.  I wonder if they dont try to pull a Niles Paul with him and bulk him up to move him to TE? I mean it is a 6th rounder so no big deal. But there was a much better player at the position available IMO.

Every analyst raving about the pick but I’m sure your board is better. 

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, it looks like the only unaddressed hole will be free safety. Pretty good job of collecting talent. Got a top edge rusher, qb, super fast wide receiver, a couple of offensive line man, and a possible replacement for Chris Thompson down the line. Now, we just need to convince Gettleman to trade his 2020 second rounder for our pair of seventh rounders...

Agree with the free safety, but I would also add a blocking TE. Although we do have a FB on the roster who has been under-utilised, so who knows.

Daniel JeremiahVerified account @MoveTheSticks
FollowFollow @MoveTheSticks
More

One of my favorite late round guys is James Madison CB Jimmy Moreland. He's a ballhawk with outstanding play speed. He's undersized but I could see him moving to safety and getting his hands on a bunch of footballs. He reminds me of @Damontaekazee coming out of college.

Pick Jimmy Moreland fom JMU and call it a day!!

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess this is the one that will disagree with the rest. I think Hall is a far superior player. Harmon is SLOW and he struggles to get separation. Those two traits are a death nail for an NFL WR. He won on physicality in college. He wont be able to do that in the NFL.  I wonder if they dont try to pull a Niles Paul with him and bulk him up to move him to TE? I mean it is a 6th rounder so no big deal. But there was a much better player at the position available IMO.

I think this is reasonable, that's clearly the main reason why he fell. Today's NFL is a game of separation, and WR's are getting smaller and quicker due to that and the rule changes protecting them over the middle.

On the other hand, people here (not saying you) would have gone berserk if we took another player with injury issues (which is the clear reason Hall is dropping imo)

5 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

ABC just touting the pick of Harmon and the Redskins draft overall. Harmon looks like a player. Born in Liberia came to US when 4years old.

Damn, so you're saying he can't even run for POTUS after his HOF career is over? Terrible pick

3 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:
More

One of my favorite late round guys is James Madison CB Jimmy Moreland. He's a ballhawk with outstanding play speed. He's undersized but I could see him moving to safety and getting his hands on a bunch of footballs. He reminds me of @Damontaekazee coming out of college.

Our old boy @Dukes and Skins would be proud, miss his contributions

5 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:
More

Feels like the go DB and TE. There are a few good ones for each position remaining. 

I could really go for Tyree Jackson in the 7th. Maybe Rypien if that's more their style (and no doubt it is, I would be surprised to not see that pick to be honest). 

Getting another DB or TE in the pipeline would be nice as well. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Interesting, I thought about Malcolm Kelly

Do you mean in terms of what he could have been? Or do you dislike the skill-set, and you mean post-knee stuff

My wife is slaving through the draft with me because I got it on multiple TVs so she has little choice and she's listening to me carp all day long about Kelvin Harmon not being taken.  I did it on this thread too.  So lol I don't think I've ever been this elated about a late round prospect -- partly because I invested a lot of misery waiting for it to go down. 

The Alpha comment below same thing I've said about him.  Easy to see watching him -- this dude has a lot of Pierre Garcon in him as to his feistiness.    I like Doctson more than most here but he's not an Alpha on the field.  Harmon is all Alpha.  As I said on the draft threat IMO outside of N'Keal Harry there is no WR I'd put more money on than Harmon to go get a 50-50 contested catch.  He IMO will bring some needed attitude to the offense. 

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Moving to TE is a good idea. I would've preferred Arcega-Whiteside over Harmon but obviously Sweat was the right pick ahead of him. The reason I like the big-body WR types with great hands is they always seem to be between the QB and the CB. One perception I have of Haskins is he struggled with slants and hitches. Usually a hot read so the ball is a laser but not the best pass and his OSU receivers struggled. A guy like Harmon should help in that department.  

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I could really go for Tyree Jackson in the 7th. Maybe Rypien if that's more their style (and no doubt it is, I would be surprised to not see that pick to be honest). 

Getting another DB or TE in the pipeline would be nice as well. 

Do you mean in terms of what he could have been? Or do you dislike the skill-set, and you mean post-knee stuff

I'm just talking about the 40 times. I'm assuming they were citing successful players with slow 40 times (although Fitz did not run a slow 40 at all)

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Can't stand the "whacky personality" guy on NFLN. Eisen, Charles and DJ is good enough.

I fyou are talking about Peter Schrager He is on Good Morning Football every day. And your right. He is annoying as hell. I do like that show though.

Archived