Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

With the 167th pick of the 2019 ES mock draft, Kansas City chiefs select Ben Powers, guard, Oklahoma

Wow that's the 4th OL out of Oklahoma to go.  Are they all that good or did Murray make them look good, or did they make Murray look good?

12 minutes ago, drowland said:

Wow that's the 4th OL out of Oklahoma to go.  Are they all that good or did Murray make them look good, or did they make Murray look good?

I think the line definitely helped Murray and Mayfield get the last two heismans and were a big reason for that offense's success.  Orlando brown, OT, was a third round pick in last year's draft as well.  But it's one of those things that goes both ways: solid line play helped make QB look great, and that offense running great as a whole might overinflate each individuals NFL draft value.  Time will tell.  

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

With the 164th pick in the ES GM Mosck Draft the Indianapolis Colts (for real this time 😂) select:

Iman Marshall, CB, USC 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 203. Arm: 30.63. Hand: 9.50.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2019): 3-4.

4/13/19: Marshall notched 48 tackles with nine passes broken up and zero interceptions in 2018. At the Senior Bowl, Marshall played better than expected. He looks like a better fit as a zone corner for the NFL. He also might be a candidate to move to safety. 

Sorry again everyone,  this is the part of the draft where I struggle.  I'm ok with the top 100 but very limited after that. 

I’ll happily take your remaining picks for some of next year’s Texans picks 😁

Per PFF - 

Marshall recorded a 30.2% forced incompletion percentage in 2018, ranking fourth among draft-eligible cornerbacks with at least 25 targets.

48 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

With the 167th pick of the 2019 ES mock draft, Kansas City chiefs select Ben Powers, guard, Oklahoma

If I hadn’t drafted Lindstrom, (based on what I’ve read, I didn’t ‘scout’ olinemen much at all this year) I would have seriously considered Powers in the 3rd.  

16 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

If I hadn’t drafted Lindstrom, (based on what I’ve read, I didn’t ‘scout’ olinemen much at all this year) I would have seriously considered Powers in the 3rd.  

Powers is an interesting prospect. The draft network has him as a top 80 prospect, but others have him as a late day 3 guy.  Some believe he will struggle with both pass protection and run blocking due to lack of athleticism.  However, there is a lot of agreement that he can succeed power blocking, and with the chiefs implementing both zone and man blocking, and with the chiefs lacking depth on the Oline, I figured Powers was good value at this juncture.   

It will be interesting to see how it plays out IRL.  Do teams that run a fair amount of zone avoid powers altogether?  Are Evans / Samia / powers all getting a little too much love? ( It seems Ford is universally praised). 

I wouldn't mind the Redskins taking a flyer on powers once we hit this point in the draft: a power blocking team with a well respected oline coach to work with him.  That is probably powers best opportunity for success, but there is definitely a lack of consensus on him at this point.

A friendly suggestion for future drafts. This is not intended towards any particular GM by any means or our friends outside the US. Even though you are allotted a time-frame from which to make your selection, please make your pick ASAP. I do not understand waiting, especially when the GM's from teams after the present GM on the clock is here online and seemingly ready to make their selection also.  This is an unnecessary drag on all of us. Just my two cents and observation. Also not intended for those GM's that enjoy a write up of your player. 

5 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Powers is an interesting prospect. The draft network has him as a top 80 prospect, but others have him as a late day 3 guy.  Some believe he will struggle with both pass protection and run blocking due to lack of athleticism.  However, there is a lot of agreement that he can succeed power blocking, and with the chiefs implementing both zone and man blocking, and with the chiefs lacking depth on the Oline, I figured Powers was good value at this juncture.   

It will be interesting to see how it plays out IRL.  Do teams that run a fair amount of zone avoid powers altogether?  Are Evans / Samia / powers all getting a little too much love? ( It seems Ford is universally praised). 

I wouldn't mind the Redskins taking a flyer on powers once we hit this point in the draft: a power blocking team with a well respected oline coach to work with him.  That is probably powers best opportunity for success, but there is definitely a lack of consensus on him at this point.

Not long ago everyone had Samia as a 6-udfa, now he’s being talked about as a possible day 2 guy. Powers was passed by his teammate long after the games had been played, it’s always interesting to see the group think in the draft world, suddenly everyone likes Samia, where previously, nobody did.

Since it’s slowed down and I actually have a minute...

Per PFF - 

29. EDGE CHASE WINOVICH, MICHIGAN

Winovich is coming off back to back seasons with grades over 90 overall – the only such qualifying power-5 player in the draft class that can boast that.

He’s the first guy in, last guy out. He plays with his hair on fire, plays every play like his last. Blue-collar, high-motor, brings his hard hat and lunch pail to work every day – Chase Winovich is all of that, all of the scouting clichés media and fans alike have been quick to label him as throughout the pre-draft process.

But he isn’t just a walking cliché. Winovich ranked inside the top-10 in two-year overall grade (92.3) and pass-rush grade (91.2) among qualifying FBS edge defenders because he’s so much more than that.

Weighing in at 6-foot-3, 258 pounds in Indy, Winovich finished the series of athletic testing. Ranked fourth in the 40-yard dash (4.59s), third in the three-cone (6.94s) and first in the 20-yard shuttle (4.11s) among participating edge defenders at the Combine. All three times breached the 90th percentile at his position, per MockDraftable.

Winovich this past season ranked 10th among the 104 FBS edge defenders with at least 300 pass-rush snaps in pass-rush grade (89.2). He also ranked fourth in pass-rush win percentage (21.7%) and eighth in total pressure percentage (16.7%).

44. S AMANI HOOKER, IOWA

Hooker’s 91.1 coverage grade last season was the second-highest of any defensive back in the country.

51. G CHRIS LINDSTROM, BOSTON COLLEGE

The former tackle kicked inside to guard this past season and allowed only four pressures all season long.

I mentioned previously, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Chase ends up in round 1, he’s going to be a heck of a player for a decade; Just an absolute pain in the ass to play against on every snap & plenty of athleticism to test any tackle in the league.

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I mentioned previously, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Chase ends up in round 1, he’s going to be a heck of a player for a decade; Just an absolute pain in the ass to play against on every snap & plenty of athleticism to test any tackle in the league.

Agree completely.  He might not be a guy to really bend the edge, but his other tools are pretty awesome.  Pair that with his motor and athleticism, and I see him being the dude we hoped we were getting in Smith and Murphy.  

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Agree completely.  He might not be a guy to really bend the edge, but his other tools are pretty awesome.  Pair that with his motor and athleticism, and I see him being the dude we hoped we were getting in Smith and Murphy.  

I saw some scout was quoted recently saying Winovich is Ryan Kerrigan.  And if so heck that's really good for a likely late first rounder or high 2nd rounder.

Yet Winovich's speed is borderline freakish for an edge rusher.   4.59 -- 40.  1.57 10.   Kerrigan ran 4.71, 1.64.   He doesn't have long arms though and is already 24.   Still, he's intriguing to me.  As a bonus he's a stud against the run.  And for a team starving for star power and some personality -- Chase's style, energy and persona I think would be a hit with the fans. 

5 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

May have a trade. If it falls thru, I'll make my pick by 5:30.

We are at 5:30, do you know what you are doing?  thanks

Just now, tibbidoe said:

Rams/Giants trade. @Redskins Reparations on the clock.

Nevermind, thanks! 😁

2 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

Rams/Giants trade. @Redskins Reparations on the clock.

Browns on deck after that @drowland

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are at 5:30, do you know what you are doing?  thanks

Nevermind, thanks! 😁

I can only control so much. I got an offer and was at work. First pick of mine that wasn't made within an hour of being on the clock, I believe.

Question for our commish, I have 7 OL, 4 WRs, 3 RBs, 4 LBs, 4 Ss, 3 CBs, and 7 DL I would still like to draft — my question — what’s it going to take for you to sneak “Buffalo Bills” in a few more draft slots? I can make it worth your while, I know a guy with yoo-hoo connections - yoo-hoo is the drink that, literally, beckons. 

With the 170th pick in the ES Mock Draft the Cleveland Browns select Bobby Okereke, LB - Stanford.

image.png.4ff0b50343364a768010071d7c550cc9.png

This guy flies all over the field.  Good read and react skills, shoots gaps quickly and can cause issues in the backfield.  Also experienced at dropping in both zone and man coverage.  Needs to get stronger and work on his tackling technique since he he arm tackles too much.  Can be a demon on special teams.   

33 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

I can only control so much. I got an offer and was at work. First pick of mine that wasn't made within an hour of being on the clock, I believe.

OK no problem, was just trying to move things along and saw you mentioned you'd make a move by 5:30 so wanted to remind you in case it slipped your mind.  But you beat me to it right before 5:30.  So it's all cool, thanks

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I already got my Safety, but if he fell to me in the 6th, I'd have doubled-up on the postition.  Good value here.

I was glad to get an extra pick and still get him. Could be a good replacement in a couple of years when Eric Weddle retires.

Archived