Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I get you disagree, but you cannot say for a certainty that "zero" teams would ever do that.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Owls0325 said:

Breaking News 

Jacksonville Jaguars will be releasing a statement in the next hour 

giphy.gif

Trades in the 6th Round of last years real-life draft-

No. 194: LA Rams → Atlanta (D). The Rams traded their sixth-round selection (194th) to Atlanta in exchange for Atlanta's two seventh-round selections (244th and 256th.)

No. 198: New England → Kansas City (D). New England traded a sixth-round selection (198th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's two seventh-round selections (233rd and 243rd).

And then you have multiple instances per draft as you go back the next 5 years of teams either trading down from the 6th to pick up an extra 7th in that draft. Or trading away their 6th completely for a 7th rounder in the following years draft. 

Nobody can say with any definite certainty that a trade like has been discussed here wouldn't happen in RL as it's all relative to a particular time and how things play out. But one thing IS for certain. NFL teams value ALL picks. Not least in the 7th where, as previously mentioned, teams will draft guys they have as PFA's to save dollars come the scramble after the draft for those guys. So extra 7th's, however low, become very valuable commodities indeed. 

Hail. 

Jaguars Statement 

@volsmet: In relation to the point made. I totally agree with what you are saying with the fact that there are still people left that some teams will have in the 100 range on their board. However the opportunity to turn a 6th rounder into 3 7th rounders for the purpose of this draft was too much to turn down because it allows me both the flexibility to make further trades and also make more picks which in this draft offers the opportunity to unearth gems which in a couple of years time make me look a genius GM.

@goskins10: Totally agree with you with the fact that as here we don't have any UDFA meaning that the decision making process behind the picks being made is slightly different as a small needs in this scenario can't be kept like normal till after the draft where either current free agents, players cut when the 53 is finalised or UDFA. 

@Gibbs Hog Heaven: As shown above this further shows that teams are willing to try and get an extra 7th rounder to avoid going to UDFA where it becomes almost a free for all where the best deal wins. 

In overview of the 2 trades made by the Jags it resulted in trading down 10 places in the 6th round (from #178 to #188) to accumulate another 2 picks in the 7th round. 

HTTR

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Going to add to GHHs fun facts: 

So far we are now up to a record 76 teams represented (someone correct me if I am wrong)

Also, pick #208 is feeling very much abused. It has now been traded a whopping 4 times! 

Yup. 76 schools and 18 different conferences. (Not sure if they're records for our draft. Just up considerably on last years. I'd have to dig out my records from the first three years which I've annoyingly mislaid.). 

But Alabama and the SEC being well out in front is no change or surprise to anyone. 

Hail. 

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Trades in the 6th Round of last years real-life draft-

No. 194: LA Rams → Atlanta (D). The Rams traded their sixth-round selection (194th) to Atlanta in exchange for Atlanta's two seventh-round selections (244th and 256th.)

No. 198: New England → Kansas City (D). New England traded a sixth-round selection (198th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's two seventh-round selections (233rd and 243rd).

And then you have multiple instances per draft as you go back the next 5 years of teams either trading down from the 6th to pick up an extra 7th in that draft. Or trading away their 6th completely for a 7th rounder in the following years draft. 

Nobody can say with any definite certainty that a trade like has been discussed here wouldn't happen in RL as it's all relative to a particular time and how things play out. But one thing IS for certain. NFL teams value ALL picks. Not least in the 7th where, as previously mentioned, teams will draft guys they have as PFA's to save dollars come the scramble after the draft for those guys. So extra 7th's, however low, become very valuable commodities indeed. 

Hail. 

Those values are not as atrocious as the one in this mock, but it does demonstrate the point adequately enough. I’ll concede it happens, my mistake, clearly.

Just now, talking with someone ... I work with, the Rams made an ..

interesting ... trade to because they had 4 other 6th rounders & simply wanted to get more cheap labor around a squad they spent heavily on in FA. The Pats trade down more frequently because of the more recent limitations on camp, so they value the picks less than some others.

gs10

tenor.gif?itemid=4268615

8 minutes ago, Owls0325 said:

Jaguars Statement 

@volsmet: In relation to the point made. I totally agree with what you are saying with the fact that there are still people left that some teams will have in the 100 range on their board. However the opportunity to turn a 6th rounder into 3 7th rounders for the purpose of this draft was too much to turn down because it allows me both the flexibility to make further trades and also make more picks which in this draft offers the opportunity to unearth gems which in a couple of years time make me look a genius GM.

Absolutely, I was tempted here as well, I’ve mentioned several times how many guys I still want to draft, but the value was not realistic enough, even for a mock, & even with the upside involved in that 3 for 1. Deals are made with udfa’s before the draft concludes, unfortunately. I’d love to see the 5-8 udfa’s each GM here would prioritize.

As Gibbs & gs10 noted, teams have different needs at different times, the value goes out the window when your needs are more nuanced than simple value of a pick.

Just now, skinny21 said:

Speaking of that trade... I’d happily take one like it for the Texans 6th rounder (not saying that as an argument, just putting bait in the water in case someone’s interested).  

As with every previous Cowboy's pick, both Dallas' 6th rounders (190/ 209) are on the block and open for discussion. 

Hail. 

Just now, volsmet said:

Absolutely, I was tempted here as well, I’ve mentioned several times how many guys I still want to draft, but the value was not realistic enough, even for a mock, & even with the upside involved in that 3 for 1. Deals are made with udfa’s before the draft concludes, unfortunately. I’d love to see the 5-8 udfa’s each GM here would prioritize.

As Gibbs & gs10 noted, teams have different needs at different times, the value goes out the window when your needs are more nuanced than simple value of a pick.

While it's not specifically part of the mock, you will find most guys will list the top 5 or so guys they would target as URFA.  It's pretty interesting. Many of the same guys being targeted but always a few some have never even heard of. 

Just now, volsmet said:

No pick in any round has a definitive value. The value charts a solid starting point but a particular pick at a particular time is only worth what someone will pay for it or what someone wants for it. 

Why you'd always name your own price if you're sat top 5 and there are QB needy teams wanting to move up. For a top 10 QB, the chart goes out the window and you can ask the Earth. 

Hail 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

While it's not specifically part of the mock, you will find most guys will list the top 5 or so guys they would target as URFA.  It's pretty interesting. Many of the same guys being targeted but always a few some have never even heard of. 

Phenomenal, that will be my favorite part of the proceedings, I enjoy that part of the process more than the final 2 rounds. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

No pick in any round has a definitive value. The value charts a solid starting point but a particular pick at a particular time is only worth what someone will pay for it or what someone wants for it. 

Interesting. You should join us at the combine next year.

CwKT.gif

If any of you decide to attend the combine, you will certainly not regret it. It’s nothing but football Mardi Gras; Drinks, unbelievable food, non stop football talk, & guys running around in underwear...& I’m not talking about the athletes. 🤔

Of course, getting into the actual event ain’t easy, but the football festivities are extraordinary.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yup. 76 schools and 18 different conferences. (Not sure if they're records for our draft. Just up considerably on last years. I'd have to dig out my records from the first three years which I've annoyingly mislaid.). 

But Alabama and the SEC being well out in front is no change or surprise to anyone. 

Hail. 

2017 - 107 schools

2016 - 111 schools

So we have a really long ways to go for a record...  LOL  

At #178 and #179 the Arizona Cardinals use their 2 final picks in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, to select:

Saivion Smith, CB, Alabama                 and           Clifton Duck, CB, Appalachian State

image.jpeg.3d208f9da87abec2c8724956c4c3bb7d.jpeg                                                           Image result for clifton duck

Introducing Arizona's new "Fours to be Reckoned With" Backfield 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cardinals 2019 Final Tally:

Nick Bosa - DE Ohio State (1)

A.J. Brown - WR Ole Miss (33)

Yodney Cajuste - OT West Virginia (65)

Bobby Evans - OL, Oklahoma (103)

Kaden Smith - TE Stanford (139)

Ty Summers - LB TCU (174)

Saivion Smith - CB Alabama (178)

Clifton Duck - CB Appalachian State (179)

25 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You're talking about GHH big board?

I'm here to investigate and educate. You're welcome as always. 

Hell knows college season and diving deep into prospects is the only joy I get from football now as the Redskins continued carnage is but a passing glance most Sunday's these days. 

Hail. 

Archived