Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

In an interesting turn of events, down mainly to having cows to milk. cheese to curd, milkmaid wenches to ......  @PokerPacker has entrusted me with his beloved Green Bay Packers next pick .....

So, after careful consideration, with Mason Crosby not getting any younger and having missed another 7 kicks and 2 PAT's last year, there's this kicker in Louisianna ......

Just messing. 

With the 21st pick in the 6th round, 194th overall, the Green Bay Packers select
S Zedrick Woods, Mississippi

636345143079946809-usatsi-9707339.jpg?w=

Once again, this late, you gotta pick and choose the traits you're drafting for.  Woods has been described as "[a] below-average athlete. Closing speed is a mile-an-hour. Lateral agility and overall explosiveness is poor for a safety."  This description couldn't be more wrong.  In fact, he ran the fasted 40-time of anybody in the entire draft at 4.29 seconds.  He could probably use a little bit of coaching up to be a more decisive player.

@skinny21 and the Houston Texans are back on the clock! 

Hail.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And whilst Travis might not bring the bigger back size we were initially scouting, all here at the Cowboys firmly believe we've found the perfect young man who has all the traits to be a complete 3-down back in the NFL for many years to come. And a guy we feel who represents one of the best day 3 values in this class. We actually expected our compatriot @Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins to pick-up the Miami native given his loyalty to the Hurricanes after being a 4-star recruit out of HS. But thankfully they and everyone else have passed on him to this point to the Cowboys grateful gain

O

Hail.

Good pick but already got what I think is the best RB in the draft, David Montgomery

Surprised you can even focus on the draft. 😀 Even for a Yank like me, what a premier league season, the drama. Talk about poetic with Barcelona up now.  Hopefully Tottenham can repeat this Sat against City. 

Well, I would pursue a trade back option, but in the interest of moving this puppy down the road....

With the 195th pick, the Houston Texans select Elijah Holyfield, RB from Georgia.  

Holyfield’s an enticing blend of power, patience and vision.  Surprising lateral ability given his build.  Keeps his feet moving with quick steps, cuts and jump cuts, understands how to use his blockers, and has great balance through contact.  Explodes into contact with an uncanny ability to shift from speed to power.  The combo of balance and power allow Holyfield to consistently avoid getting blown back.  For a guy that ran poorly at the combine, he’s able to stutter step when running wide to toy with defender’s angles on him.  

Under-utilization at Georgia means he’s got very little wear on his tires.  He might be closer to 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but his punishing style will wear defenses down, move the chains, and allow him to surprise with his outside running.  

Fierce pass protection from Holyfield that could use a little work in terms of recognition, but he’ll be an asset in keeping Watson upright.  I’ll be interested to see where his receiving game goes because he was virtually invisible as a pass catcher at Georgia. Houston’s zone scheme will fit him well even if he doesn’t hit home runs for them.  With Alfred Blue gone and Miller nearing the end of his contract, Houston sees Holyfield as an excellent addition to their backfield that should work well when paired with a speed back.   

@Skinsinparadise

I like Montgomery, but 'Bama's Josh Jacobs and Damien Harris are the only top 2 round talent RB's in this class for me. 

The real top talent backs are coming out next year. 

Hey, I've been preparing since the fall for this as it holds far more interest than the shambles of a once great organisation that is our Washington Redskins through football season. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

With the 2019 ES Mock Draft in the books, the Baltimore Ravens have improved their team.   I went into this draft wanting to improve the interior offensive line, WR and bring in a CB to allow the Ravens to let Jimmy Smith walk at the end of the season.  We also needed to bring in some more youth after letting C.J. Mosley walk in the offseason.  

I think I accomplished most of what I went out to do.  

1.22 Greedy Williams | CB | LSU
3.91 Anthony Johnson | WR | Buffalo
3.102 Lamont Gaillard | OL | Georgia
4.113 Ross Pierschbacher | OL | Alabama
4.123 David Long, Jr. | LB | WVU
5.160 Antoine Wesley | WR | Texas Tech
5.166 T.J. Edwards | LB | Wisonsin
6.191 Hjalte Froholdt | OG | Arkansas
6.193 Jakobi Meyers | WR | NC State

With their final pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Eagles select

Montre Hartage, CB out of Northwestern

This was a tough choice as I had many prospects to evaluate. Since Jalen Mills was arrested I decided to go with a CB. I picked Hartage over some others that might be rated higher because of his football instincts, ball hawk skills and toughness. In 2018 he had 13 pass breakups, two interceptions and 51 tackles.

@Morrison J and the Jets are up again.

Archived