Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

23 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Hopefully the G-men return before bed time.

k16Q2oY6zL8jpRwa8Fy7Y0HFRUnDkL3TGVCZOkXe

You can leave a short list of 2, since you are up next, so I can post the pick for you and then you can follow up with your write up tomorrow. Up to you.

With the 182nd pick in the 2019 ES mock draft, the Denver broncos select, DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss

The Broncos war room is happy to add a WR with Lodge's potential in the 6th round.  While Lodge had modest production at Ole Miss in a high powered offense surrounded by a lot of talent, some pundits believe Lodge's NFL career may be on par with the other 2 WR's that are getting a lot more attention in this draft, Metcalf and Brown.  "Lodge may be the least heralded of the Ole Miss wide receivers, but I’m more confident in him reaching his ceiling than DK Metcalf or AJ Brown," writes Brad Kelly from the Draft Network.  He is praised for his athleticism, effort, blocking, and leadership, and is considered a well-rounded prospect who is pro-ready.  He also offers special teams ability.  His critics point to a large number of drops he had his junior year, which he worked to reduce last season, and he may need some refinement with his route running due to the system he played in college.  The Broncos feel he will be a good fit for them, as they envision Lodge being able to contribute as an outside receiver, with Sutton out wide on the other side and DaeSean Hamilton working out of the slot.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/damarkus-lodge

With the 183rd pick in the 2019 ES draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Tommy Sweeney, TE,  Boston College

Not the greatest area of need for the Bengals maybe but Tyler Eifert is our strength at this position and history tells us there is a good chance Eifert will miss games this season and the cupboard is pretty bare behind him.  Sweeney needs to bulk up to improve as a run blocker although he shows good technique and so ought to improve here in a professional setting.  As a pass catcher he is a safe pair of hands on underneath routes with enough elusiveness to pick up yards after the catch and with a new QB it is vital he has that safety blanket at the TE position.

@bedlamVR you are on the clock

@PokerPacker you are on deck

So ts time to throw darts at the board. And with the 184th pick in the draft the lions select; 

Cortez Broughton - Cincinnati Bearcats - DT/DE 

this is actually one of my picks i would love for the Skins in real life to take a late round flyer on - even given the needs elsewhere and the resources put into the line in the last couple of years. Broughton's first step is devastating. I mean for a guy at 280-290lbs he is darn quick. It kind of falls apart after that but with proper NFL coaching he has the chance of becoming a steal in the later rounds

@PokerPacker Your on the clock 

I like Broughton a lot. He's got a lot of Malik Collins to him. (Who'd have been far more productive by now if he wasn't banged up so much.). 

Real active for an inside guy. Plays with power. Finishes with mean violence! When he wraps you up he SLAMS you down! Quik off the ball. Hustles. Quick to the ball. Some issues against the run where he needs to hold the POA better and not take himself out of run plays  (hence him being a day three guy), but man is he disruptive going up the field. 

He was in the mix to potentially round out the Cowboys draft and DL depth chart with serious 3-tech under interior pressure. LOT to like with him. 

Hail. 

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

This is going to be a long wait ...hoping for one particular guy to sneak through the ES GMs.

Been sat on two guys through 56 picks and counting. 5 more picks to go for the first of them. Almost 2 whole rounds. 

I'm well versed at holding my nerve and patiently waiting 5 years into this thing of ours. 

Hail. 

With the 12th pick of the 6th round, 185th overall, the Green Bay Packers select
LB Cody Barton, Utah

ufoot_100616~4.jpg

This late into the draft, you're not gonna be getting everythiing you're looking for in a player.  This is a guy who lacks a bit in quickness, but he has good play recognition to help get him into position, and I'm looking to see him make use of his strength in the box punishing people up the middle.  Put up 30 bench-press reps which should means he should have the strength to take on blockers and be a force.

Archived