Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

With the 186th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select: 

Olisaemeka Udoh, OL Elon

Oli is a talented kid, nice pick here. In 4-5 years, another Oly will be in this mock, Oly Okombi of Kent St via Blair HS.

Jacksonville Jaguars select with the 188th pick of the 2019 NFL Draft:

Phil Haynes OG Wake Forest

Powerful guard prospect with well-built frame that can handle more mass. Haynes was a four-year starter (three at guard, one at right tackle) and is known for durability and leadership. He's more fragmented than fluid as a mover and will offer inconsistent results when pulled away from his home base. As a base blocker, his firm initial punch and quality leg drive can create running lanes. He needs to improve his twist recognition and recovery but has enough technique and power to become a starter at right guard within a year or two. His best fit in the NFL comes as an offensive guard in a gap/power scheme where his ability to drive block is featured Haynes has the potential of a Day 3 steal that becomes a reliable starter in the right scheme.

image.png.806a0ccc6a9b3b4a1a80ca825f464b42.png

@drowland On the clock 

@Gibbs Hog Heaven Are on deck 

We really need to pick this up. 4 to 5 picks a day is not going to get it. Please make use of the short lists. If you see you are within 4 to 5 picks away, send your list to me or @Skinsinparadise and we will make your pick and you can add your write up when you come back on. 

I have seen where a few have checked 2 or 3 hrs before they go on the clock and then do not check again for 6 to 8 hrs or more. Again, if your pick is coming up within the next 3 to 5 picks, send us a list. At this point even with 5 picks in front of you, a short list of 3 will still very likely have someone remaining. 

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Dammit @goskins10, picking one of my top targets for a team that ain’t even yours.  Just ain’t right.  Ain’t right at all.

Besides being the interim GM for the Falcons, I live in Atlanta so I have to take care of the home team...  🙂    

With the 189th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Stephen Denmark, CB - Valdosta State

image.png.209d9f029355b6a32226412591bde339.png

6-2, 220 Ib converted WR with a 7 ft wingspan.  Explosive guy with good speed.  Ran a 4.46 40 at his pro-day.  Tracks the ball really well and is physical.  He loves to come up and hit people.  Can be a good boundary defender in the NFL with his length.  Reminds me of Richard Sherman.   

Ok. After sitting through the last 61 picks waiting on a guy we'd earmarked for pick 5-165 pre-draft, a pick I took a calculated gamble on trading for these extra 6th's that he'd still be here. (Kudos to @goskins10 BTW for that move up and take of Darius Slayton. I had that burner as a borderline top 100/ late 3rd round talent. So to get someone with his traits the back end of the 5th was a super value steal IMHO.). And to our great joy, and no less relief, this young man still is available.

So, without further ado .....

With the 17th selection in the 6th Round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and 190th overall, the Dallas Cowboys select

RB. Travis Homer. Jnr. University of Miami. (Florida).

0386UMvsBCCollege102618.JPG

Going into this draft, finding a bigger, day 3, complete all-around back was a priority for all here at The Star. We already have a top-3 stud in this league centre-piecing our O in Ezekiel Elliott. So drafting depth high was less of an issue. But given both the wear and tear on Zeke that was starting to show the back end of last year, taking its natural toll on our cowbell, with next to nothing behind him currently on the depth chart to relieve him; adding RB depth was high on the Cowboys list of priorities. 

And whilst Travis might not bring the bigger back size we were initially scouting, all here at the Cowboys firmly believe we've found the perfect young man who has all the traits to be a complete 3-down back in the NFL for many years to come. And a guy we feel who represents one of the best day 3 values in this class. We actually expected our compatriot @Skinsinparadise and the Dolphins to pick-up the Miami native given his loyalty to the Hurricanes after being a 4-star recruit out of HS. But thankfully they and everyone else have passed on him to this point to the Cowboys grateful gain

One of the youngest guys in this class (Homer doesn't turn 21 until August 7), we feel he's the perfect fit for Coach Brown to mould behind Zeke into just the back we require with his all-around skill set. 

Although Travis is a little undersized at 5'10, 201', he's a tough little so-and-so who loves contact and competes really hard. As exemplified not only in his blocking but by the fact that he's stood out in Coral Gables as an experienced punt gunner covering kicks. Willingly doing this all through his 3-years at 'The U' whilst being a full time starting RB the last few years. He's one of the better pass protectors in this RB class. Consistently showing no fear/ qualms to step up and do the dirty work. Anchoring well with very active hands to win his blocks. Showing NFL toughness for his size and being very aware of picking up blitzes. Anyone coming after Prescott will know they've been hit if they meet Travis first! 

And he is also pretty good with the football in his hands. Either out of the backfield or catching it in the flat which he's shown to be very adept at. Rarely dropping the ball with good reps on tape. Adjusting well to catch the ball outside his frame. Which given Dak's penchant for wayward throws is a massive bonus for the Cowboys the same as in our top pick Parris Campbell.

Running behind a below average Hurricanes line, Travis put up some very respectable numbers as the full-time starter his sophomore and junior years with 3 100-yard rushing games last season alone. Earning him 2nd team all ACC honours from the Conferences Coaches both of the last two seasons

Rushing & Receiving Table
    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Miami (FL)         334 1995 6.0 12 37 405 10.9 1 371 2400 6.5 13
*2016 Miami (FL) ACC FR RB 7 7 44 6.3 0 0 0   0 7 44 6.3 0
*2017 Miami (FL) ACC SO RB 13 163 966 5.9 8 18 219 12.2 1 181 1185 6.5 9
*2018 Miami (FL) ACC JR RB 13 164 985 6.0 4 19 186 9.8 0 183 1171 6.4 4

A real smooth, compact, balanced runner with good footwork, patience to let his blocks develop, and a devastatingly sharp, one-cut-and-go burst in tight situations. His contact balance is very good too for his size as he absorbs hits well. Carrying his pads to his advantage. Lowering his shoulder to bounce off guys. A competent inside/ outside runner who's outside running, in particular, has some excellent reps on tape with his good speed (4:48 40) and power to finish. 

He does have some things we need to iron out. Namely, his field vision can get a little tunnelled as he turns down better openings and leaves yards on the field. His ball security also needs working on. (4 last season. Fumbling once every 42 carries his collegiate career.). And we feel we can bulk him up with our strength and conditioning programme as he's a little undersized for our ideal want. 

But as previously mentioned, at 20-years-of-age, we feel he's perfect to mould into the longtime quality depth/ compliment behind Zeke who adds great versatility. Both across the board at RB and on teams. A young man who not only fits the mould of the 3-down, every down complete back we've been searching for. But one who fits perfectly into the Cowboys locker room and everything we're trying to instil here with his stellar character, team loyalty and willingness to work hard and improve himself. Travis, to his credit at such a young age, was a team captain for the Hurricanes in only his junior season and has been praised by his college Coaches as a team leader and motivator for Miami. 

Welcome to Texas our newest Cowboy, Travis Homer. 

THE BALTIMORE RAVENS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail.

Just now, SkinsFanMania said:

@goskins10 I told him that I would make my next pick.  Unfortunately I couldn't get to my board.   The reason I didn't want him making my pick is I would rather have the folowing player and he didn't have him on my board

Hjalte Froholdt

No worries brother great pick! He's an interesting one to watch - had him lined up a bit later.

Archived