Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I traded up 12 spots for Hollins mate. 

Hail. 

didn't realize that as I came onto the board way after you picked.  Thought you had traded down.  Have to say every year I do a mock draft on another site (as you know) and it gets to be a an issue sometimes.  I'll be out of town from the 14th-16th as well so I'll do my best checking since I have a couple picks in the 6th.  

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too.  But this year I might stay put if I love a prospect at 15 but then trade down in other rounds.  IMO we need more great players. 

I’d not trade a first without getting 2 back or, at minimum, 1 + a player who had proven himself. People are infatuated with potential, give me a first, a 3rd, & a solid player I believe in. The elite talent will arrive a bit later, and it will be alongside a 3rd the team believed in along with a solid young player. You can get that every day of the week ... & that solid, young, semi-proven, pro... who has made it through mini camps, made it through all the distractions ... he may prove the best piece .. the lone guarantee is a guy who has put something on film in the league. I’m retaining my access to the elite talent with a first rounder... always.

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The Dallas Cowboys send their 27th selection in the 5th Round (Pick #165), to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for Minnesota's 17th and 36th selections in the 6th Round. (#190/ 209.). 

Today's useless fact- 

This is the 17th trade in this year's draft. Surpassing last year's total of 16. #flexiblegms

Hail. 

This is first time I’ve participated in an online mock draft; I recognize the gentleman in the quote as an irrepressible piece of any I can imagine participating in again. I’ve been spoiled by the enthusiasm.

Few higher honors than a night court gif.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, SkinsFanMania said:

didn't realize that as I came onto the board way after you picked.  Thought you had traded down.  Have to say every year I do a mock draft on another site (as you know) and it gets to be a an issue sometimes.  I'll be out of town from the 14th-16th as well so I'll do my best checking since I have a couple picks in the 6th.  

It may be easiest if we just assume you’ll want players from Tennessee & keep it moving. In reality, a handicap in your favor. 

The Carolina Panthers with pick #154 of the ES GM Mock Draft select Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

The Carolina Panther select another player to help the defense.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drue-tranquill?id=32195452-4128-9059-cb73-4eadedc51904

Overview

Tranquill is a strong, tough football player who loves to play the game. What evaluators are going to see is a player who has below-average size, recovery athleticism, and man cover skills. He Might not get much bigger so he needs to gain the attention of general managers with explosive testing and then prove he can shine as a special teamer in order to secure a roster spot and make a living as a backup linebacker.

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock!

1 hour ago, Gallen5862 said:

The Carolina Panthers with pick #154 of the ES GM Mock Draft select Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

The Carolina Panther select another player to help the defense.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drue-tranquill?id=32195452-4128-9059-cb73-4eadedc51904

Overview

Tranquill is a strong, tough football player who loves to play the game. What evaluators are going to see is a player who has below-average size, recovery athleticism, and man cover skills. He Might not get much bigger so he needs to gain the attention of general managers with explosive testing and then prove he can shine as a special teamer in order to secure a roster spot and make a living as a backup linebacker.

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock!

Interesting prospect, I’d challenge you on the selection if it wasn’t in violation of a rule; Not a challenge to the validity, but a question as to what distinguishes him for you. He shows up .. he could be a heck of an answer for all Sean Payton tries to do.

approve.gif?w=319&h=244

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/falcons-2019-potential-draft-pick-profile-lb-drue-tranquill/ar-BBVEbKT

How does he fit the Comrade Filter?

How many guys come back from two ACL surgeries and become high-caliber draft picks? Very few. Thomas Davis had three ACL surgeries and would be the first to attest to how hard it is. Tranquill compares best to the Panthers' former captain off the field, as he was a captain at Notre Dame as well. When he's on the field, he never quits on a single play. He's one of the top character guys in the draft and Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff would love him.

Overview

Tranquill is a mid-round linebacker prospect who could eventually turn into a starter in the right scheme. He has the makings of a top coverage linebacker and could easily make a team happy early on with his special teams abilities. His best pro comparison is Danny Trevathan.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

This is first time I’ve participated in an online mock draft; I recognize the gentleman in the quote as an irrepressible piece of any I can imagine participating in again. I’ve been spoiled by the enthusiasm.

Few higher honors than a night court gif.

giphy.gif

It may be easiest if we just assume you’ll want players from Tennessee & keep it moving. In reality, a handicap in your favor. 

Give me a few hours and if I don't respond, just draft Ravens HOFers.  I'll take all three of Ogden, Lewis and Reed

20 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Agian, let me remind all that providing short lists of 3 is helpful. If you are within 4 to 6 picks it' a good idea. It's very unlikely that all 3 would be gone. 

I sent you my top 3 picks

On 4/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, drowland said:

With the 155th pick in the 2019 ES Mock draft, the Cleveland Browns select....Joe Lowery, OL - Ohio.  

With the 156th pick in the es mock draft, the Denver broncos select, jaquon Johnson, safety, University of Miami. 

The Broncos thought Johnson offered a good value at this juncture.  Generally viewed as a safety who can succeed in both pass coverage and in run support, but doesn't excel in either, Johnson can help give different looks for the Broncos defense due to his versatility.  He also can be an asset in nickel and dime coverage and help out on special teams.  Considered to have a high football IQ, but his measurables were pretty poor.  While he is aggressive, critics point to lack of ball skills and ability to make game changing plays.  The Broncos feel at worst they got someone who can make a solid contribution on teams and can help in subpackages, even if he is unable to crack a starting lineup.  Broncos are hopeful that he can prove the critics wrong and aid their pass defense more than expected.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jaquan-johnson

Archived