Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Okay, this one pains me to make, but unfortunately my clock started just before bed and I don't have time to work out any trade options to move into appropriate position to grab some guys I was looking at for the right value, so I'll go BPA and get someone who doesn't quite fill a position of need.

With the 44th pick of the NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select:
Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama

Joshua-Jacobs.jpg

Lacks straight-line speed, but that's an overrated trait in RBs.  He's very quick and agile in his cuts and runs with power.  He's a guy that will make tacklers miss.  He's used to playing as part of a rotation with all the talent 'Bama had at back, so he'll feel at home working together with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

With the 45th pick of the 2019 Draft - 

Marquies Brown - Oklahoma - 

I am kind of gambling at this point in the draft of him being somewhat ready to go at least some point in 2019 - and i have a thing for small easily brokenable WRs but Browns play on the field and if he comes back to his best is just to much to pass on right here --- i did get the team doctors to check him out but all i heard was lalalalalalalalala - so yeah i am comfortable with this value :)

@PokerPacker

Meh, forget the slow workout 40 that media clowns are getting worked up on cheese head. Irrelevant for Jacobs who isn't blowing past guys on tape. More of a bowling ball type back. Without much wear and tear. I think he'll be a talented pro-RB.  Like him.

Talking speed, but RAPID speed .....

BOOMER SOONER!

Hollywood off the board! His weight/ size is a massive worry for longevity in the pros but a DeSean Jackson clone. And he's had a pretty solid pro-career huh?

Hail. 

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You'd have to ask Detroit and GB, but I wouldn't have thought you needed the trade-up there bud. 

I'd have sat pat and let him drop to me. But if he's your guy and all that. 

Hail. 

Im inclined to agree with you. There were actually 4 guys that dropped here that I had a hard time deciding between. I didnt want Green Bay influencing that pick. In terms of need, I think WR is probably on the lower end of the spectrum with Russell being so effective regardless of who they trot out there. That being said, this is the final year of Russell's contract. Cant just sit there and Flacco your qb with 30+ year old vets, injured hopefuls, and busts right after paying the premium to keep him on the team through his prime. There is a reason Rivers, Brees, and Rothlisburger are not slowing down. Give them weapons, keep them standing, and they will produce.

I traded up here, but it was a swap of 5th and 6th round picks and the points still came out in my favor by a hair here. Arcega at his worst will be a redzone fiend, and a mismatch on all smaller defensive backs. He's a day one starter.

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@PokerPacker

Meh, forget the slow workout 40 that media clowns are getting worked up on cheese head. Irrelevant for Jacobs who isn't blowing past guys on tape. More of a bowling ball type back. Without much wear and tear. I think he'll be a talented pro-RB.  Like him.

Talking speed, but RAPID speed .....

BOOMER SOONER!

Apparently he put up much better 40 times at pro day #2 yesterday, too.

****ahem ahem**** ( bruce allen stumbliing to the podium since i havent stopped drinking coors light since My first round pick****

UHHHH WE, UHHH WASHINFSNS REDSKINS SELECT WITH THE FFFS....FORRTY 4...UHHH 46 PICK OFDD..OFFF...UHHH THE REDSKINS SELECT ANDREW LUCK!!!! 

**dan snyder rushes in over the mic...thats the quarterback from the COLTS YOU IDIOT! Dree locke!

esscue ME....WE PICK ANDREW LOCKE!

**DREW LOCK YOU DUMMY!**

We select DREW LOCKE, MISSOURI!

we dont know how he managed to fall this far into the second round as i had him as the 2nd best qb after murray. He checks a lot of boxes and the ability to get mobile is really needed in our division.  Ive tried trading up with multiple gms, even getting robbed of a trade up but it all worked out as he kept falling and falling yet it would never happen. We are stoked to add this young man to the quarterback room as we believe he has all the tools to be a franchise quarterback.  

Really shocked giants didnt take him to replace eli. That was my biggest concern.

40 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Okay, this one pains me to make, but unfortunately my clock started just before bed and I don't have time to work out any trade options to move into appropriate position to grab some guys I was looking at for the right value, so I'll go BPA and get someone who doesn't quite fill a position of need.

With the 44th pick of the NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select:
Josh Jacobs, RB Alabama

Lacks straight-line speed, but that's an overrated trait in RBs.  He's very quick and agile in his cuts and runs with power.  He's a guy that will make tacklers miss.  He's used to playing as part of a rotation with all the talent 'Bama had at back, so he'll feel at home working together with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams.

I was wondering where Jacobs would land. Some say he's a first rounder but I think he'll go in the 2nd. Need or not, I think this is a good pick and IMHO was the BPA at this point in our draft. He's really good at eluding tackles and improved his 40 time a bit at the 2nd pro day.

29 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

@Gallen5862 you're on the clock!

@Skinsinparadise is on the clock. 

46 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

edit

we dont know how he managed to fall this far into the second round as i had him as the 2nd best qb after murray. He checks a lot of boxes and the ability to get mobile is really needed in our division.  Ive tried trading up with multiple gms, even getting robbed of a trade up but it all worked out as he kept falling and falling yet it would never happen. We are stoked to add this young man to the quarterback room as we believe he has all the tools to be a franchise quarterback.  

Really shocked giants didnt take him to replace eli. That was my biggest concern.

There is really no way he falls this far in the real draft. I also could see them picking him at 15 if he even falls that far. But in terms of this draft, this is great value and really great pick here. I could easily see the Redskins ending up with him on the team, just not with a 2nd rd pick. 

Edit: i was very surprised the Giants did not take him. Maybe it was the trip to Germany. Clouded their judgement? JK!!  🙂  

35 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yeah, i can't believe lock made it to 45.  I almost took him at 10 over haskins (broncos).  That is something I am very interested to see what would happen in real life: if both Haskins and Lock are on the board, who does elway take?  Broncos have been linked to lock, but that could all be a smokescreen to trade back, or it could be under the assumption that Haskins is already taken.  

The Carolina Panthers with Pick #47 select Daniel Jones, QB, Duke,

The Panthers were hoping that either Drew Locke or Daniel Jones would fall to them in the second round. The Panthers have other needs however Daniel Jones provides great value and with Cam Newton's injury history this gives the team more options in case of more Injury. 

55 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

@Skinsinparadise is on the clock. 

There is really no way he falls this far in the real draft. I also could see them picking him at 15 if he even falls that far. But in terms of this draft, this is great value and really great pick here. I could easily see the Redskins ending up with him on the team, just not with a 2nd rd pick. 

Edit: i was very surprised the Giants did not take him. Maybe it was the trip to Germany. Clouded their judgement? JK!!  🙂  

Yeah we share the same sentiment concerning him not ever falling this far  and surprised the giants didnt take him. I think i contacted 8-10 gms to trade up in front of them

..even tried getting back in the first lol. But at 46? Never would of thought til he slipped by new york unscathed. Thats when the possibility hit me and i just was like lets see. 

Archived