Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

With pick 53 the Eagles select

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida

A very versatile defensive player can also play the slot or in the box. His biggest issue is consistency but can make big plays. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Chauncey-Gardner-Johnson-NFL-Draft-profile-130727211/

Overview

Gardner-Johnson is another player that falls into the "boom or bust" category in this draft class. The highs are extremely high, but the lows can be very low at times. Still, when he is locked in and engaged, he is the type of player that can be a game-changer on a defense. Coaching and consistently will be key at the next level, as it was the biggest thing that played a factor into an improved 2018 season at Florida. It would not be a shock to see him come off the board late in the first round, but he seems like a safer bet if he is on the board in round two. He can just about fit any role that a team has in mind for him and it really just becomes a matter of how comfortable a team is with him in the slot they are drafting in.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I can only imagine the nightmares Charley Casserly has had since drafting Heath Shuler.

There isn't a GM/ Scout out there who doesn't have skeletons in his closet. 

50% of all 1st Rnd picks, for example, don't play/ work out to that ranking. 

SO much of scouting is about projection. And that's the hardest part of all. Evaluation is childsplay in comparison. 

Hail. 

Alrighty, sorry for the delay.  

With the 54th and 55th picks, the Houston Texans select LB Chase Winovich and CB Justin Layne.  

Winovich allows Watt to move around the line more, particularly to the inside, and also provides insurance in case the team cannot work out a long term deal with Clowney.  Love his tenacity and ability to play the run as well as rush.  I believe he’s one of the best in the draft at changing up his rush plan when initially stopped.  Relentless motor allows him to make play across the field.  

Layne offers excellent size and press coverage, and makes a difference vs the run.  Great fit for the Texans and their 2 penciled in starters on 1 year deals.  As he continues his development as a corner (coming in as a receiver as a freshman), the sky’s the limit for this young man.  

Thrilled to add add these two to an already pretty scary defense.  

Despite being uninvited to the combine because of a battery charge when he was a freshman and a poor showing at LA Tech's pro day, with the 57th pick in the ES 2019 Mock Draft, the Eagles pick

Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

His record breaking 45 career sacks and the stats quoted below had great influence on this pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylon-ferguson?id=32194645-5216-8492-efe9-dfa1a1176b99

Ferguson ended his career with an Associated Press third-team All-American senior campaign, leading the nation with 17.5 sacks (2.5 in the Hawai'i Bowl) and ranked in the top five with 26 tackles for loss. He finished the year with 64 stops, three pass breakups, and two forced fumbles in 13 games for the Bulldogs.

Ok, the moment we have all been waiting for - not the least of which one @Gibbs Hog Heaven - after a 57 pick wait he and his Dallas Cowboys are on the clock!   (runs to get popcorn!)

In fairness, it's 3AM where he is. Unlikely he will be able to pick for at least a few hours. But i am sure when he does we will all be amazed!  🙂  

@actorguy1 and the Colts are on deck! 

14 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

****ahem ahem**** ( bruce allen stumbliing to the podium since i havent stopped drinking coors light since My first round pick****

UHHHH WE, UHHH WASHINFSNS REDSKINS SELECT WITH THE FFFS....FORRTY 4...UHHH 46 PICK OFDD..OFFF...UHHH THE REDSKINS SELECT ANDREW LUCK!!!! 

**dan snyder rushes in over the mic...thats the quarterback from the COLTS YOU IDIOT! Dree locke!

esscue ME....WE PICK ANDREW LOCKE!

**DREW LOCK YOU DUMMY!**

We select DREW LOCKE, MISSOURI!

we dont know how he managed to fall this far into the second round as i had him as the 2nd best qb after murray. He checks a lot of boxes and the ability to get mobile is really needed in our division.  Ive tried trading up with multiple gms, even getting robbed of a trade up but it all worked out as he kept falling and falling yet it would never happen. We are stoked to add this young man to the quarterback room as we believe he has all the tools to be a franchise quarterback.  

Really shocked giants didnt take him to replace eli. That was my biggest concern.

I had considered him at my pick.  Another guy I didn't want to take, but was a good value.  Not worth the gamble, though, as there's no guarantee he'd even stick around in GB long enough to replace Rodgers.

14 hours ago, skinfan57 said:

I was wondering where Jacobs would land. Some say he's a first rounder but I think he'll go in the 2nd. Need or not, I think this is a good pick and IMHO was the BPA at this point in our draft. He's really good at eluding tackles and improved his 40 time a bit at the 2nd pro day.

He really does look talented, so I had to take him, though I would have preferred to have moved back to be put in position to take somebody in a position that isn't already a strength.

9 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

With the 51st pick in the 2019 ES GMs NFL Mock Draft, the Oakland Raiders select: Darnell Savage FS Maryland

Speaking of which, I wanted to take him, but I just couldn't justify the value from where I was picking.  He's probably more of a third round to late second guy.

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, the moment we have all been waiting for - not the least of which one @Gibbs Hog Heaven - after a 57 pick wait he and his Dallas Cowboys are on the clock!   (runs to get popcorn!)

In fairness, it's 3AM where he is. Unlikely he will be able to pick for at least a few hours. But i am sure when he does we will all be amazed!  🙂  

@actorguy1 and the Colts are on deck! 

Add another hour or two to type his write-up about a guy supposedly drafted in the sixth or seventh round!

🤣

8 hours ago, skinfan57 said:

Despite being uninvited to the combine because of a battery charge when he was a freshman and a poor showing at LA Tech's pro day, with the 57th pick in the ES 2019 Mock Draft, the Eagles pick

Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech

His record breaking 45 career sacks and the stats quoted below had great influence on this pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylon-ferguson?id=32194645-5216-8492-efe9-dfa1a1176b99

Jaylon's likely going higher than this and his Pro Day was solid I think. The battery charge was small potatoes in nature too I think. Good pick. With NFL coaching this guy could be a scary good edge-rusher.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So just over an hour. 

Sound. Ta. 

I'm set on a selection that I wasn't expecting to make at all so I'll be drafting if no late trade offer arrives. 

Hail. 

5 minutes till we skip. 

Yanno', sitting at the bottom of the 2nd Round waiting for your first pick is an interesting exercise. There are guys you have pencilled in for that range. Guys you sincerely hope against hope will fall to you. Only to see that hope disappear as the selections fall. (2 of the last three picks, Layne and Ferguson, the most recent, frustrating example.). The few select guys you badly covert and hope will fall realistically enough to allow a trade-up. (Man did I try HARD for that with Taylor Rapp.). And then there's the total surprise guy that you could NEVER see being available and who throws your whole thinking askew .....

The Cowboys first selection in the 2019 NFL Draft is one of the latter. A position we never expected to be drafting the first two days but a young man who's talent is just too great to turn down at this unexpected stage of the draft and the BPA left on our board. 

A prime example of how you need to be flexible and keep an open mind through a draft. 

So, without further ado .....

With the 26th selection in the 2nd Round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and 58th overall, the Dallas Cowboys are pleasantly surprised to be able to select

WR. Parris Campbell. R- Snr. Ohio State University.

Parris-Campbell-1024x716.jpeg

As mentioned in the intro, we never for one-second thought Parris would be available at 58. On the Cowboys board, he is our top senior wide-out/ #4 ranked WR, and 43rd ranked overall player in this class. A true late first round talent in our humble opinion who was just too big a steal at this point for the organisation to overlook. And with a re-jigging of the coaching staff, who are all fighting for their lives this year with Dallas being all-in on a SB run, not least in a HC in his final year, what better to add to an already stellar D than giving new OC Kellen Moore, QB coach Jon Kitna and the QB we're all behind, Dak Prescott a game-breaking talent with electric speed who we firmly believe can aid in taking the Cowboys offense to the next level?

Parris is a blue-chip athlete with an elite combination of size, speed and fluidity who will, along with the FA add of Randall Cobb, and highly promising second-year WR Michael Gallup, allow us to move our top guy Cooper all over the formation to create match-up nightmares from a slew of different positions. Not to mention what it will do for our all-pro RB .....

With impressive size and length (6'/ 205'), his rapid speed is a devastating addition to any teams arsenal. And we're talking track speed quick. Of which he was a star track athlete in HS to go along with his highly recruited football ability. (He still holds the Ohio State record for the 60-metre dash set at the 2014 State Indoor Championship- 6.85.). His crazy good 4.31 he put up for the 40 at the Combine was the 3rd best overall in Indy and top among all receivers. Which along with his very impressive jumps (40' in the vert and 11.3 in the broad), just gave testament to his stellar athletic ability. 

But it was the positional drills in Indianapolis that really sealed the deal on our first pick in this draft .....

Evaluating WR's out of Ohio has always been really hard in Urban Meyer's very defined, complex system. (See the Saints Michael Thomas as a prime example of someone who was limited for the Buckeyes but who has had a topnotch pro career to date.). 

And Campbell was no exception. He was not really asked to go downfield. Playing much more of a horizontal Percy Harvin-esq role as an underneath player on jet sweeps/ screens/ comebacks/ crossers/ bubbles etc. 

Which all begs the question of what can he bring downfield aside from those jets?

The Combine went a long way to answering our questions on that. His positional drills were really encouraging to the point he now projects as far more than just an underneath guy. In Indy, his downfield routes were really good with good ball tracking skills. Showing he could go verticle without struggling to lead us to believe he'll round out his route tree and put it all together. And he's regularly shown he can separate with ease on tape at all three levels. 

Parris is coming off a really improved senior year at Ohio too through which he set the school record for # of catches (90), whilst becoming only the 5th Buckeye WR in history to go over 1,000 yards in a season. (1,063 with 12 TD's.). His overall drop rate also improved massively from his junior year to his senior one. 

Throw in he also is a stud on teams, leaving Columbus tying a 52-year record for kick-off return average at 30.4, along with the 3rd most return yards in school history and a tough tackler on the coverage unit; all here at the Star believe we have added a potential home run playmaking stud who has devastating potential vertically with the ball in his hands and that rapid speed. 

Welcome to the Cowboys Parris Campbell!

Just HOW was he still available?

THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

Archived