Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

It will be interesting to see what happens to Polite. 

He is definitely a curious case. There was a point before the combine I would have been happy with the Redskins taking him at 15.

1 minute ago, dballer said:

He is definitely a curious case. There was a point before the combine I would have been happy with the Redskins taking him at 15.

The latest I've read about him is that it is still very likely he goes in the latter portion of the first round. 

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

The latest I've read about him is that it is still very likely he goes in the latter portion of the first round. 

I personally highly doubt that bud. Scouts are seriously worried about his character and maturity issues and by all accounts, his combine interviews were an absolute disaster to go along with the poor shape he showed up in Indy with. 

Be surprised if he's a first rounder now. 

At what point after that you decide where you can trust him ......

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

He has 1st rd talent in terms of athleticism. But not sure his head is there - if the reports are to be believed. And some are verified - as him saying he is not really into self scouting - it's just natural. Didn't seem to do well with the Packers showing him bad plays. 

But if it's just a growing up thing, that can sometimes be overcome, especially when he gets in a room with a bunch of vets. If you can help him grow up, he becomes a steal. But as GHH said, where are you willing to take the risk? It's high risk high reward pick for sure. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He has 1st rd talent in terms of athleticism. But not sure his head is there - if the reports are to be believed. And some are verified - as him saying he is not really into self scouting - it's just natural. Didn't seem to do well with the Packers showing him bad plays. 

But if it's just a growing up thing, that can sometimes be overcome, especially when he gets in a room with a bunch of vets. If you can help him grow up, he becomes a steal. But as GHH said, where are you willing to take the risk? It's high risk high reward pick for sure. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. 

Good points both. He sort of reminds me of Bruce Irvin. But, numbers matter as does the interview process. If he can get his act together he has a nice future ahead.

Sorry that I wasted all that time waiting for me to pick. I was tasked with a last second deployment so I am currently in Stuttgart, Germany scrambling for my life like RG3 in 2012 trying to get access to a computer.

Sooooo.....

With the 37th pick, the New York Football Giants select...from the University of Virginia...

Juan Thornhill

15 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Sorry that I wasted all that time waiting for me to pick. I was tasked with a last second deployment so I am currently in Stuttgart, Germany scrambling for my life like RG3 in 2012 trying to get access to a computer.

Sooooo.....

With the 37th pick, the New York Football Giants select...from the University of Virginia...

Juan Thornhill

Glad you are OK! Stay safe. 

Pick has been registered. 

@drowland and the Cleveland Browns are on the clock

@volsmet and the Bills are on deck. 

14 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Just to keep it rolling a Trade has been agreed to between the

Tampa Bay Bucs and the Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay gets #49, #80 and #144 and Cleveland gets #39 and #107

@drowland is on the clock

@volsmet on deck

Trade has been registered.   Thanks! 

Drat. Exactly the guy I was trying so hard to trade up for the last few picks. 

Absolute steal. My #2 safety and 28th overall ranked player. Not great at anything but really, REALLY good at everything. And super intelligent football wise to go with it. 

My pet-cat of the entire draft. 

Sighs. 

Hail. 

23 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Drat. Exactly the guy I was trying so hard to trade up for the last few picks. 

Absolute steal. My #2 safety and 28th overall ranked player. Not great at anything but really, REALLY good at everything. And super intelligent football wise to go with it. 

My pet-cat of the entire draft. 

Sighs. 

Hail. 

Yeah I saw the run on safeties starting and figured I'd have to trade up.  With the Browns losing Peppers in the OBJ trade they need a safety bad.  Rapp's not as explosive an athlete as Peppers but I think he's got better instincts for the position.   Like you said, doesn't really do anything great but does everything really well.  

With the 41st pick in the 2019 ES Mock draft, the Denver Broncos select:

CB Amani Oruwariye, Penn St

The broncos war room is thrilled once again.  They stayed true to their board and threw new coach Vic Fangio a bone: a cb with size who can excel in press coverage in zone defenses.  Both of Denver's starting cbs, Chris Harris and Kareem Jackson, will be in their 30s on opening day.  Giving the defensive minded head coach a highly touted cb prospect that fits his scheme was too good to pass up.  

usa_today_11340963.0.jpg

Archived