Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Let's keep this rolling right along!

With the 26th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select

Jeffery Simmons, DT Mississippi St University

Here is Daniel Jeremiah's take from earlier in March. Simmons has the ideal frame, athleticism and explosiveness for the position. As a pass rusher, he has an exceptional first step and rolls his hips to uproot blockers. Simmons has tremendous upper torque to stack and toss blockers on the way to the quarterback. He excels on twists and games. Against the run, he explodes into blocks, extends his arms, peeks and frees himself to make plays. However, teams will need to do their homework on his character -- his 2016 arrest stemmed from a highly publicized video of him getting into a physical altercation with a woman. Overall, Simmons has Pro Bowl potential and a similar skill set to Eagles DT Fletcher Cox. The ACL tear he suffered during a workout in early February might hurt him a little bit in the draft, but he's too talented a player to fall very far.

48 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Really don't know where to put Metcalf as regards his likely draft position. What's his ceiling to where you'd feel good drafting him high?

No doubt some team will fall head over heels for that speed and tremendous big-play potential to take the top off any D. Dude's a freakish athlete with a lot of upside in that regard. 

Just it's all straight line speed, There's no change of direction. He's a very stiff reciever. The combine 3-cone/ short shuttle flashed that up massively. He's not a savvy route runner. Not a natural pass catcher. But that 40 time for someone that big will 'WOW' teams. 

He'd scare the heck out of me taking him top 20. Where he'll probably go. Arguably the top WR in the entire draft. 

Classic high risk/ high reward boom or bust player. 

Kinda' wanted him to go to Oakland as that is the perfect Al Davis pick. Speed/ power/ size. And more speed haha. 

Hail. 

I think 15 is as high as he should go. I would almost be shocked if he weren't the first wr off the board. That being said, I think it is very important as to which team drafts him. I could see a team like Indianapolis trading up for him, and I think DK would thrive with Andrew Luck. Seattle might be a good place for him. Wilson has the best deep ball in the game, and its not close. Cleveland might have been before OBJ. Green Bay could be a good place for him. Aaron Rodger is always looking deep. Big Ben has made every wr better since he was drafted. There are good options. To get the most out of his talents requires a quarterback that can pass him open.

I think his upside within the first few years will depend on the quality of talent around him. If he goes to a team like Tennessee, Oakland, Buffalo, Carolina, Washington... I could see him not realizing his full potential. ( unless of course the skins find the holy grail with their 2nd round pick at quarterback).

42 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Let's keep this rolling right along!

With the 26th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select

Jeffery Simmons, DT Mississippi St University

Nice pick. I was really considering him but was concerned about his ACL injury. If it weren't for that, I think he would've been gone by the time our picks came up. 

29 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

The Raiders's have no 3rd round picks - weighing our next selection carefully. Without giving too much away, Jerry Jones is supposedly very interested in him. 

:) Decisions, decisions...

FWIW, Zach Allen is one of the Cowboys top 'pat cats' IRL given he's so Tyrone Crawfordish with his position flex among other things. 

Just unlike yourself they think he's a serious possibility in the 2nd. 

We're good so long as your next target isn't whom I'm patiently sitting on. 

Hail 

1 hour ago, skinfan57 said:

Nice pick. I was really considering him but was concerned about his ACL injury. If it weren't for that, I think he would've been gone by the time our picks came up. 

Yeah, same here.  I was crossing my fingers he’d last to the 2nd.  

I was really torn between Lindstrom and Dillard, but with the variance in OT ranking, he’s another one I hoped might somehow stay on the board until the Texans 2nd (however unlikely).  Good pick.  

Im going to disagree here on Zach Allen. A bit of a reach. If you are looking for the next Preston Smith that can set the edge, stop the run, and help control the line of scrimmage; sure. But he has no speed on the edge, few pass rushing moves, and there is no one else on the roster that can put pressure on the quarterback. I dont see Allen as Mack's replacement, and that is what should be the target with an edge rusher. I think there were better options available here.

That being said, Rock is a beast. I didnt have him going this high, but thats mostly due to my draft board. I think hes a top 3-5 DB in this draft. He's a very solid DB that can come right in and play well for Oakland.

** Unless of course the plan is for Ed Oliver to be the next AA-ron. Then having a guy like Allen might be a good call. I dont know as much about Oliver, so im kind of operating on the opinion that hes an all around great DT prospect. There are very few pass-rushing DT's.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Im going to disagree here on Zach Allen. A bit of a reach. If you are looking for the next Preston Smith that can set the edge, stop the run, and help control the line of scrimmage; sure. But he has no speed on the edge, few pass rushing moves, and there is no one else on the roster that can put pressure on the quarterback. I dont see Allen as Mack's replacement, and that is what should be the target with an edge rusher. I think there were better options available here.

That being said, Rock is a beast. I didnt have him going this high, but thats mostly due to my draft board. I think hes a top 3-5 DB in this draft. He's a very solid DB that can come right in and play well for Oakland.

Thanks for the input. DL and primarily pass-rusher were glaring weaknesses for the Raiders, obviously. I had some reservations too but I am satisfied with the selection of Allen. With Ed Oliver, Maurice Hurst, P.J. Hall and now Allen in the mix the Raiders are well on their way to potentially having a dominant DL that can create havoc in the backfield and provide the coveted pressure up the middle. Hurst, Oliver, and Allen afford tremendous scheme flexibility along the DL in my estimation. Allen was not drafted to be Mack's replacement. I think the OLB/Edge position is chock full of outstanding pass-rushers this class. Clelin was our primary target and I felt he possessed that rare elite first step. 

We're not close to being done yet :)

13 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Small request while there's a little downtime.  Any chance we can get the OP updated to show whose been selected so far?  Or maybe done at the end of each round?

This hurts my feelings 🙂  (Totally kidding)   I have been updating every pick pretty much as they happen. I even added the who is on the clock and on deck, and the trades.  

Having said that, if there is a mistake let me know. I am certain to make several mistakes. 

With the 28th pick in the ES Mock Draft the Los Angeles Chargers take Dexter Lawrence - Clemson.

Sorry for the delay, just woke up. Contemplated emailing a short list but no-one wants to hand in their 1st round pick. But I just woke up so will give a write up later.

After getting run over by the Pats last year and some of our D line leaving in FA this was a major need for us to address. Lawrence brings us 340 lbs of premium run stuffing while also showing some promise as an interior rusher,  posting 99 pressures on 809 rushes over his college career. He'll fit in real nice next to Joey and Melvin . 

image.png.1b85a59c64492a15c7111705a461c1a7.png

18 minutes ago, Cypress said:

With the 28th pick in the ES Mock Draft the Los Angeles Chargers take Dexter Lawrence - Clemson.

Sorry for the delay, just woke up. Contemplated emailing a short list but no-one wants to hand in their 1st round pick. But I just woke up so will give a write up later.

Heck of a d line you would end up having..nice pick.

4 minutes ago, duffy said:

🚨🚨TRADE ALERT 🚨🚨

NE SENDS TO PIT:

#32, #134, #239, #243, #246, #252

PIT SENDS TO NE:

#52, #66, #219

The trade has been registered. Lots of moving parts here. May want to check and make sure i entered it correctly.   🙂  

Archived