Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

WITH THE #29 OVERALL PICK IN THE 2019 ES GMs MOCK DRAFT - THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT:

JERRY TILLERY, DT-NOTRE  DAME

The Chiefs defense was awful last year. They finished near the bottom of the barrel in pretty much every statistically category on defense (26th pts allowed,31st yds allowed, 31st pass rank, and 27th in rush yds allowed). They lost D. Ford, J. Houston, E. Berry, and are transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 which is a major change not only with personal but schematically as well. Although the Chiefs were able to sign Mathieu who is a solid player, he still won’t be enough for the secondary .

With that being said I went with Tillery. He was one of a handful of DTs I had on my radar if he was still available. I’m a firm believer in starting in the trenches. If you can’t generate pressure on the QB with your DL especially in 4-3 than it doesn’t matter who you have on the outside or in the back-end. Tillery paired with Williams, Jones, and now acquiring DE Ogbar from the Browns should make a solid front four for KC.

3 minutes ago, Lacesout said:
WITH THE #29 OVERALL PICK IN THE 2019 ES GMs MOCK DRAFT - THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT:

JERRY TILLERY, DT-NOTRE  DAME

Solid player and pick. Probably a great idea to also get someone without any off the field question marks. 

1 minute ago, duffy said:

Solid player and pick. Probably a great idea to also get someone without any off the field question marks. 

Listening to Brugler that's exactly what he has got. 

Scouts hate him by all accounts. Major character concerns that could well see him slide. 

Shrugs. 

Anyway, that leaves cheese head back on the clock .....

@PokerPacker You're up!

Hail. 

21 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Scouts hate him by all accounts. Major character concerns that could well see him slide. 

Shrugs. 

@PokerPacker You're up!

Hail. 

Chiefs will have no problem picking him then 😀

As always the vets bring it, but I want to give a special shout out to the new GMs. 

Solid picks. Clearly doing their research. Looking forward to the rest of the draft. Problem is now you have set a precedent! We will expect it from now on...  🙂  

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Shrugs. 

@PokerPacker You're up!

Hail. 

No kidding! I hadn't heard anything about him that wasn't positive. Interesting.... Time for some research. 

1 minute ago, duffy said:

No kidding! I hadn't heard anything about him that wasn't positive. Interesting.... Time for some research. 

Didn't say what. Just something's not right there at all among team scouts. 

Sounds like I'm completely dissing the Chiefs pick which wasn't the intention. Sorry. 

Hail. 

I have arrived bearing pick.

There were some good players taken between now and my previous pick that I had hoped might drop to me.  But there's still another guy who I think looks to be a good football player moving forward, and also happens to fill a position of need (not that GB is short on those this year).  With their second pick of the first round, #30 overall, the Green Bay Packers select:
ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama
Mack-Wilson.jpg

Wilson brings size, athleticism, and awareness to the linebacker position.  I envision him having the capability of being a 3-down linebacker.  He's got a nose for the ball in the run game and can sniff out the right gap to fill in to stuff the runner inside, and physicality to set the edge outside.  In the pass game, he is an effective blitzer who can split the gaps or rush from the edge effectively, has excellent ball skills in coverage, and awareness to sniff out screen plays.  With him roaming the middle next to Blake Martinez, the short middle passing defense should be much improved over last year.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

No longer looking to trade back bud?

Hmmmm. Wonder who's fallen that you weren't expecting?

Hail. 

A couple of guys I wanted didn't quite drop far enough, but trade offers weren't enough value to miss on a guaranteed starter on the OL. Bradbury was my best mix of BPA + need.

Just now, tibbidoe said:

A couple of guys I wanted didn't quite drop far enough, but trade offers weren't enough value to miss on a guaranteed starter on the OL. Bradbury was my best mix of BPA + need.

Excellent take. 

I can see him going in the teens IRL. Especially to a ZBS team. Plug and play from day 1 as you alluded to. Great tape. Helped himself even more the combine. Really like him. 

Same with Mack Wilson. My #3 LB FWIW. 

Two excellent back-to-back selections. 

Been a good 1st Round. 

Hail. 

I see mack wilson droppin to early 2nd..he didnt test that great plus his film this year really didn't stand out as say q will.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

First chance I have had to stop in and say Hi. Miss the draft this year. But duty calls. Anyways. Solid work so far guys. I love Murphy to the Skins. I like Greedy more than Murphy but I would take either if the top two QB's are gone. 

I liked greedy especially him being 6'2i-6'3 running what, a 4.3? He locked down metcalf. But so did a lot of top flight cb cbs. I would have drafted greedy if murphy was gone tho but i love Murphy and think he will be a darrelle revis type cb. 

Archived