Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

I missed a future pick in the trade details. Ive edited the post to include the future pick.

Noted. Thank you for the clarification!  

This means no more trades of future picks for Seattle or Jacksonville. 

46 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Seattle trades:

Round 1 #21

Round 4 # 124

* * 2020 Round 6

Seattle Receives

Round 2 #38

Round 7 #236

2020 Round 1

2020 Round 2

Great trade for Seattle.  2020 draft picks have some added value due to the QBs coming out, so to get an extra first and second just to drop from 21 to 38 and give up a fourth would definitely lead to greater value in the long run imo. 

Jacksonville Jaguars select with #21 

Noah Fant (TE)   IOWA HAWKEYES

image.png.802a4ea53d11416f172c34b5cf6f6bd0.png

This aggressive move by the Jaguars has allowed a severe position of need to be filled with what in my opinion is the second best player on the board at TE behind Hockenson (his college teammate). This aggressive move was partly down to the fact that after these two TE there is a drop off at the quality available at the position. In opinion however Fant has more upside than Hockenson with the ability to become a dominant TE in the NFL partly down to his athleticism. Fant immediately has the potential to become the #1 TE at Jaguars and gives Nick Foles an option for a pass catch that has the ability to create mismatches across the field. It's important that the Jaguars offense are able to at least be functional which would allow it's top 5 defense where I've already have selected Quinnen Williams will be able to continue to dominant teams if ego's are put to one side. 

Combine-

image.png.d23119b810698613e00f56869e546d66.png

image.png.ec323a9493c4d463198290239eff7d07.png

Write-up on Noah Fant

image.png.05505fb82bf6a3b9067ed411fa698d8f.png

image.png.5dd814e90953ee6ac385ffeadc1aa781.png

image.png.a3eea213cb5bec342641ecf3970a757a.png

Comparison- Jimmy Graham 

Trade Reason-

I've taken advantage of how this draft works by the fact that future picks don't really account for much meaning that the trade made between the Jacksonville jaguars and Seattle Seahawks was really in fact a trade for Jag 2nd and 7th for Seahawks 1st and 4th. If this was a real draft, then the offer I made would be severely out of proportion for value for the Jaguars. However in this case the selections are reset each year to match the year draft picks. Which led me to believing the deal that made better than that at first glance it looks. 

image.png.ce98d42be0f216bcf64683910e7bf426.png

Noah Fant Highlights-

Sorry if the write-up too detailed and for keeping people waiting 

Jaguars GM

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@Owls0325 Futures account for a lot of meaning when it comes to assessing a draft.

Hail.

I agree with this, but it seems some mock GM's would rather have a draft with a lot of splashy names.  I think acquiring a 2020 1st when all those QBs are coming out is just as splashy, if not more.  

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I agree with this, but it seems some mock GM's would rather have a draft with a lot of splashy names.  I think acquiring a 2020 1st when all those QBs are coming out is just as splashy, if not more.  

No question.

It was just the assertion that you could flip futures just because with no consequence. 

If there's actual thought behind it that weighs in a teams favour (lets say they are all in this year and a particular player takes them over the edge) that is one thing. But to say it's just a loophole to take advantage of with no real consequence is wrong and not how things will ultimately be judged. 

Although we never have hit upon a grading system. Something to ponder going forward as this mock of ours continues to evolve.

Hail.

Charm City welcomes Greedy Williams with open arms.  Not that the Ravens were in need of another CB, with the already deep roster filled with upcoming superstar Marlon Humphrey, old vet Jimmy Smith and Brandon Carr who has found a new life in the Ravens defensive backfield.  They also have one of the better slot corners in Tavon Young and Anthony Averett who will be entering his 2nd season in the NFL.   

So why did I draft Greedy Williams you say.  The Ravens are a team that always drafts best player available and the value that Greedy Williams brings at #22 is enormous.  Not only that, but Jimmy Smith probably won't be renewed at the end of 2020 and Carr could be gone as well.   

The Houston Texans select G Chris Lindstrom, Boston College.  

This is a really strange pick since BC’s heavy run scheme means Lindstrom hasn’t shown a lot of diversity in traditional pass pro - a huge need for Deshaun Watson and the Houston offense.  On top of that, Draft Network lists zone blocking as Lindstrom’s worst trait... which is the blocking scheme the Texans employ.  

Nonetheless, Lindstrom is a heck of a player and pro ready - a solid addition for a team on the cusp, at a position of great need.  

With CB’s list sent to the commish, we have @skinsfan57 on deck (soon to be up) and @actorguy1... soon to be on deck.  

21 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I like DK Metcalf... But not to the Panthers. DK is more or less another version of Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess, both of whom underwhelmed with Cam. If you are looking for a jump-ball type of guy, there are 2 other guys in this draft that fill that roll better. DK is a beast with speed, and Cam lacks touch or accuracy on his deep passes. DJ Moore is already the bubble-screen guy, so Im not sure the roll DK is taking here. Just not feeling this one.

Really don't know where to put Metcalf as regards his likely draft position. What's his ceiling to where you'd feel good drafting him high?

No doubt some team will fall head over heels for that speed and tremendous big-play potential to take the top off any D. Dude's a freakish athlete with a lot of upside in that regard. 

Just it's all straight line speed, There's no change of direction. He's a very stiff reciever. The combine 3-cone/ short shuttle flashed that up massively. He's not a savvy route runner. Not a natural pass catcher. But that 40 time for someone that big will 'WOW' teams. 

He'd scare the heck out of me taking him top 20. Where he'll probably go. Arguably the top WR in the entire draft. 

Classic high risk/ high reward boom or bust player. 

Kinda' wanted him to go to Oakland as that is the perfect Al Davis pick. Speed/ power/ size. And more speed haha. 

Hail. 

The recent trade made just before the roster lock down and the run on defensive linemen has created much debate in the war room.

Without further adieu, with the 25th pick in the ES 2019 Mock draft, the Eagles select  Andre Dillard, OT, out of Washington State

Although Jordan Mailata was brought in to become 37 year old Jason Peters' replacement, he hasn't been playing football very long and needs more time. With Dillard, the Eagles may have a day one starter. He was quite impressive in Indianapolis.

From https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2139657/andre-dillard

Elite athlete for the left tackle spot with a surprisingly power anchor and above-average awareness of stunts. Short, powerful punch, and his feet continue to move as he mirrors edge rushers. Not much run-blocking experience in college, but he has the refined talent to be a franchise left tackle in today's NFL.

Archived