Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Trade was to rich for the GM's blood, and i understand completely.

That being said.....

With the 19th overall pick in the 2019 ES mock draft, the Tennessee Titans select... 

Deandre Baker, CB, Georigia.

As 1 of three teams in the league to give up a QB rating of over 100 last season, and the fact that Malcolm Butler under preformed combined with the edge rushers and top tier interior d linemen gone in the draft, the Titans decide to take the best db in the draft. The purest cover corner will provided Tennessee with an instant starter and player that can cover and receiver man to man. Also with the ability to line up at inside backer on passing down to cover and TE and the ability to rush the passer from the slot corner position, this pick was too great to pass up.

This is not meant towards anyone here - just more of a more broad observation. 

This mock draft provides very clear examples of why you can't  "just trade back!" as so many people will say when their team does not do so in the real draft. 

For a team to move down it means, wait for it, some other team has to move up!  🙂  And you have to agree on value. I am certainly no Redskins FO apologist, but the Brandon Scherff pick was a perfect example. I get the pick Leonard Williams debate and while I disagree at least that was a valid argument. The team could have picked Williams but chose not to. They did not need a co conspirator. 

But many said and I quote: "It's stupid! They should have traded down! They could have gotten ___" fill in whatever mythical Xmas like bounty that person thinks the team could have received even if it was just that, nothing more than myth. In reality, clearly no one wanted to move up bad enough. You can't just trade to trade. And you have to get value - at least some value. Last yr the reverse. 

Ok, rant over..  LOL  

3 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

Trade was to rich for the GM's blood, and i understand completely.

That being said.....

With the 19th overall pick in the 2019 ES mock draft, the Tennessee Titans select... 

Deandre Baker, CB, Georigia.

As 1 of three teams in the league to give up a QB rating of over 100 last season, and the fact that Malcolm Butler under preformed combined with the edge rushers and top tier interior d linemen gone in the draft, the Titans decide to take the best db in the draft. The purest cover corner will provided Tennessee with an instant starter and player that can cover and receiver man to man. Also with the ability to line up at inside backer on passing down to cover and TE and the ability to rush the passer from the slot corner position, this pick was too great to pass up.

You cant have the best cover corner when i got him already, but we can swap if u want to add your second rounder ;)

Personally I dont think that this draft is a realistic microcosm of the real draft where the contenders are more willing to make moves. Rather, this is where fans feel they can get the best out of their picks and are more likely to try and find a diamond rather than make power moves. Its easier to trade back in real life.

That being said: Seattle pick #21 is available. Im looking for day 2-3 picks, as my previous GM decided to stock up on picks next year, rather than this year.

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Personally I dont think that this draft is a realistic microcosm of the real draft where the contenders are more willing to make moves. Rather, this is where fans feel they can get the best out of their picks and are more likely to try and find a diamond rather than make power moves. Its easier to trade back in real life.

That being said: Seattle pick #21 is available. Im looking for day 2-3 picks, as my previous GM decided to stock up on picks next year, rather than this year.

I can see we just look at things much differently, which BTW is OK. I like seeing different opinions. So thanks for your responses. 

It was not my intent to suggest this is exactly like the real draft. There are a lot of things that just make it impossible. But I think it's a little closer than some may think, especially the trends as opposed to a specific pick. For example do we really think the real draft will get to pick 20 and have only 1 QB taken? LOL 

To the point I was making, I actually believe it's harder to trade IRL. It means peoples jobs where this is just a game. Not saying the GMs here do not take this serious, we do. But only to a point. And like hear there are many more teams who want to move back than to move up. But that's just me.

Back to the draft here, we are making good progress. Good job to all. Hope to keep it going! 

As always some interesting picks - mostly in a good way. :cheers:

775705_web1_DevinBush.jpgWith the 20th pick in the 2019 ES GMs Mock NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select DEVIN BUSH, JR., linebacker from the University of Michigan. 

We're proud to finally select a worthy heir to fill the hole left when tragedy struck Ryan Shazier. 

"Bush stacked consecutive dominant seasons together at Michigan while developing into a top linebacker prospect. A versatile defender, Bush projects favorably to all three linebacker positions but is likely most natural as an inside backer. His processing skills, physicality and range makes him an every-down option with playmaking upside. Bush does have some limitations when tackling and playing through contact that are present because he lacks ideal length. Bush should be able to start early in his career and become an impact playmaker with the upside to be the face of an NFL defense."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/devin-bush

1 hour ago, duffy said:

With the 20th pick in the 2019 ES GMs Mock NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select DEVIN BUSH, JR., linebacker from the University of Michigan. 

We're proud to finally select a worthy heir to fill the hole left when tragedy struck Ryan Shazier. 

"Bush stacked consecutive dominant seasons together at Michigan while developing into a top linebacker prospect. A versatile defender, Bush projects favorably to all three linebacker positions but is likely most natural as an inside backer. His processing skills, physicality and range makes him an every-down option with playmaking upside. Bush does have some limitations when tackling and playing through contact that are present because he lacks ideal length. Bush should be able to start early in his career and become an impact playmaker with the upside to be the face of an NFL defense."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/devin-bush

Good pick.  He was a guy I'd have taken if he dropped.

Breaking News:

Seattle Seahawks have a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle trades:

Round 1 #21

Round 4 # 124

Seattle Receives

Round 2 #38

Round 7 #236

2020 Round 1

2020 Round 2

Seattle wins that. Jags get nothing! 

Breaking News:

Seattle Seahawks have a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle trades:

Round 1 #21

Round 4 # 124

Seattle Receives

Round 2 #38

Round 7 #236

2020 Round 1

2020 Round 2

Trade has been registered. 

@Owls0325 and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock. 

@SkinsFanMania and the Baltimore Ravens are on deck. 

Note: Jacksonville has now made their 1 trade of future draft picks. 

Archived