Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

With the 80th pick, The Seattle Seahawks select

Khalen Saunders, DT Western Illinois

Image result for Khalen Saunders touchdown

Seattle had ProBowl level play out of Jarran Reed and Frank Clark in 2018 and yet the defense allowed 4.9 yds per rush and had a 22nd overall ranking for the DL. Khalen is a physical freak,  that has unreal athleticism for a man his size. He's a bit untested, coming from Western Illinois, but pairing him with Reed and Clark will make this DL formidable. A 320 lb nose tackle that can do a running backflip and run a 5 second 40? Mebane 2.0!

With the 81st pick in the ES Mock Draft - The Minnesota Vikings take:

Gerald WIllis III - DT - Miami

The Vikings continue to rebuild a DLine. After taking care of the edge we move inside and take a pure 3 tech DT. Gerald has great quickness off the line and a strong punch combined with a great swim move. He has a nose for the ball and can be very disruptive. Some teams may shy away since he only had one really good season. But that season was last yr after taking care of some personal issues. He needs to work on consistency, something that we believe our coaches can help with. 

image.png.348390f60bdc9b5df92bb3932f12880e.png

@Chump Bailey and Oakland Raiders are on the clock

@duffy and the Steelers are on deck. 

WOW! You sleep and all sorts of mad **** happens! 7 picks. Another trade. Some of your stack of next pick guys flying off the board .....

A few observations FWIW .....

@PokerPacker LOVE Warring's back story. For a kid who didn't so much of pick up a football until his senior year of HS, his development has been rapid. Seriously promising all-around TE prospect who could well have a real productive career when he rounds out with experience. 

@757SeanTaylor21 LOVE Pratt. Really good player who had a super combine to match up with his tape. You can tell he's a former safety with his range and physicality. Only going to get better in coverage. I'd be super happy to have the 'Skins take him in a few weeks. 

@Gallen5862 Stupendous value with Harris there bud. I have only 2 top 64 talent RB's. Jacobs. The only first rounder who @PokerPacker got tremendous value with in the mid-2nd. And Harris who is a sure 2nd round talent and arguable top 50 player. Absolute steal to get him at 77.

@dballer Really don't know how to grade those Memphis backs when their 3rd strings are putting up 6+ yards per carry with the gaping holes they had to run through? Henderson deserves tremendous credit but is it the poor competition in the American making him shine? Exciting impact kid though as you have him pegged to be. 

@COWBOY-KILLA-/ @Skin'emAlive Good, mutually beneficial trade. And a GREAT take in Saunders from Seattle. LOT to love in him. Versatile 3-Tech under/ NT. Really good, well made athlete. I think he's a classic case of you look at the top traits/ player and say 'screw the small school competition. I want him on my team! I had him in my stack at 58 the back end of the second. That's how highly I regard him. Superb value. LOVE the move up to take him. 

@goskins10 Love the job you're doing as Commish this year man. Massively appreciated. Thank you. 

Sadly not as enthused as the Willis take. I mean on the one hand, there's a LOT to like when he shoots the gap. He can be real disruptive the backfield. And a 3/4 is around the perfect spot for him to go IMHO. Just it's splash plays with a very small body of work/ inconsistent versus the run. And then there's the off-field? Pretty impressive to get kicked out of an SEC (who are smashing the conference takes yet again this draft BTW) school. Sending his back-up QB to the ER room in a fight over cleats ..... WTH?!!!!!

I'd be swerving that one personally. 

Great night of drafting guys. The pace is WELL on track right now. Well done all. 

I lost 4 of my stack overnight BTW. Saunders (my second BPA left. Still holding out for the top guy), Pratt, Harris for the stupendous value and Warring. 

It SUCKS being stuck the end of rounds. But that's what success brings you so swings and roundabouts. 

Have a belter weekend fella's. Good drafting to you all. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

edit

@goskins10 Love the job you're doing as Commish this year man. Massively appreciated. Thank you. 

Sadly not as enthused as the Willis take. I mean on the one hand, there's a LOT to like when he shoots the gap. He can be real disruptive the backfield. And a 3/4 is around the perfect spot for him to go IMHO. Just it's splash plays with a very small body of work/ inconsistent versus the run. And then there's the off-field? Pretty impressive to get kicked out of an SEC (who are smashing the conference takes yet again this draft BTW) school. Sending his back-up QB to the ER room in a fight over cleats ..... WTH?!!!!!

I'd be swerving that one personally. 

First, thanks for the kind words. 

All your observations on WIllis are fair. And I probably could have waited another rd, maybe 2. If he can finish maturing - and that's the key finish - to me it appeared he matured a lot his last season and started to figure out who he is and he was very productive. You look at his LSU film and he was a beast. He is throwing their Oline around like rag dolls. And there are many other games he does the same. But fair enough you can also see some film where he is neutralized. He struggles with double teams but then so do a lot of players. We will see. I may end up regretting this one. 

29 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

@dballer Really don't know how to grade those Memphis backs when their 3rd strings are putting up 6+ yards per carry with the gaping holes they had to run through? Henderson deserves tremendous credit but is it the poor competition in the American making him shine? Exciting impact kid though as you have him pegged to be. 

Oh it’s for sure the competition. But you can tell from the film and combine the kid is rare talent, electric. Now will that translate? Maybe not. But if I’m drafting for the Falcons, I’m more inclined to take a chance, especially on that side of the ball. He has a better chance to succeed there than most places. And if he proves himself to be just a fraction of the homerun hitter he was in college it’ll be well worth it.

With the 82nd pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft - The Oakland Raiders select:

Christian Miller EDGE Alabama

Oakland welcomes this underrated and under the radar edge rusher with long arms and an impressive repertoire of pass rush moves. The Oakland Raiders DL is well on its way to becoming very, very good. 

images.jpg

Yea I think there is no way Saunders falls past Chargers, KC, or Indy in the 2nd. It’s rare to find a sideline to sideline NT. He showed that his athletic ability translates to better competition. If he ends up in LA, that line will be ferocious. I didnt think he would fall past Minnesota, and honestly tried to trade up a few times before for Khalen. 

I’m not sold on Warring. He has the physical attributes for sure. Dude is chiseled. But I question his hands. Drops too many easy ones. 

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

First, thanks for the kind words. 

All your observations on WIllis are fair. And I probably could have waited another rd, maybe 2. If he can finish maturing - and that's the key finish - to me it appeared he matured a lot his last season and started to figure out who he is and he was very productive. You look at his LSU film and he was a beast. He is throwing their Oline around like rag dolls. And there are many other games he does the same. But fair enough you can also see some film where he is neutralized. He struggles with double teams but then so do a lot of players. We will see. I may end up regretting this one. 

The sure things in round 3 don’t exist, Willis was mocked in round 1, by Todd Mcshay, in February. I don’t suspect many teams have a higher football grade on Saunders than Willis, but Willis is certainly not as dependable after missing his bowl game, the sr bowl, the combine workouts, & his pro day testing because of 3 different injuries. If Willis is serious about his career, he’s a great value in 3, imo. 

Archived