Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

1546570344-A&MOleMiss_AL039.JPG

17 minutes ago, duffy said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers select JACE STERNBERGER. 

JACE STERNBERGER, Tight End out of Texas A&M. 

Jace_Sternberger_2018.jpg?width=300

After losing the outlaw, Jesse James, the Steelers look to bring in an upgrade to the TE position. Not gonna lie, we're most excited about the 'berger to' berger connection. 

jace+sternberger+810x465.jpg

"Physically and athletically, Sternberger is an ideal receiving tight end with good hands and the speed to stretch the field. He's still growing as a route runner and developing the mental aspects of his game, but few tight ends can make splash plays like he can, both before and after the catch. Sternberger will need to prove he can hang with the big boys as a blocker which could limit his early impact in the NFL, but with his arrow pointing up, I expect he'll be a late-blooming stud in his second or third year."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jace-sternberger

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yeah, I totally had Sternberger... blah. I’m out on a date night/concert with the wife, so... my pick will have to wait just a bit longer fellas.  Sorry.  😔

Enjoy my friend! More time for research now that some jerk stole Mullen.

tenor.gif

Just now, skinny21 said:

Ok, back safe and sound. 😁

This was my toughest choice by far, as need was pushing me in a different direction, but I really dig this dude.  

The Texans select Amani Hooker, safety from Iowa.  

I wasn't impressed by his tape.  Maybe I watched the wrong games?  I seem to recall seeing him get man-handled by blocking WRs.

37 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I wasn't impressed by his tape.  Maybe I watched the wrong games?  I seem to recall seeing him get man-handled by blocking WRs.

I haven’t seen him man-handled, but he does get blocked occasionally.  He’s got the speed and wiggle to slip by blocks, and does so vs wr screens (except when he gets blocked in the back).  When they do get their hands on him he generally fares well, IMO.  Has played some linebacker, safety and dimebacker - which he’d probably start out as.  

Sure tackler, very good football IQ, good athleticism, size and motor.  Always willing to stick his helmet in the mix and has some nice hands.  Love his versatility and I think he fits the bill when teams talk about wanting interchangeable safeties. 

5 minutes ago, Baughlin' said:

Ok just got home. I saw Detroit online, but I guess my joke was taken too literally. I can pick if they jump back on, otherwise I'll wait as a courtesy to those on the east coast and beyond

They have 8 hrs so even on the east coast if you pick now they have until 11:00AM EDT.  @bedlamVR is on pretty regular. 

Not rushing you just saying if you are ready go ahead and make your pick. Others have time. Up to you. 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

They have 8 hrs so even on the east coast if you pick now they have until 10:30AM EDT.  @bedlamVR is on pretty regular. 

Not rushing you just saying if you are ready go ahead and make your pick. Others have time. Up to you. 

Thanks, I'll be up late anyways, so I may just take my time. I might do a GHH style write up, but I'm afraid I might bore myself to sleep and get Skiupped 😉

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Ok, back safe and sound. 😁

This was my toughest choice by far, as need was pushing me in a different direction, but I really dig this dude.  

The Texans select Amani Hooker, safety from Iowa.  

@Baughlin' You’re up!

@bedlamVR You’re on deck mate

That was my 3-90 B. 

Like another Iowa DB from last year, he doesn’t play anywhere near as fast as he tested. (Sidenote- Interesting that more and more pro-scouts really don’t care so much about 40 times now with more and more players training specifically for it. Get the technique right and anyone can fly! It’s still a part of the checking process but they’re trusting the tape far more again over 40 times.).

But his football IQ/ instincts are off the charts. 

This years Desmond King. Who dropped to what, the 5th? I have a 3/4 on Hooker so right around where I’d expect him to go but the talents better than that IMHO.

Least it’s made my selection headache easier as the top want hangs on in there. 

3 more picks. Do I try trade up or hold my nerve? 🥶

Hail.

Archived