Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

Okay so with the 88th pick in the 2019 draft the lions cash in with 

- 

BLAKE CASHMAN (Minnesota) LB

a former walk on with high IQ and football skills with questionable size and athleticism rocked the combine by showing up with 4.5  speed and good numbers across the board . Could be a key utility backer in MPS diverse schemes ...now if he could just get a bit taller 

8 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

- 

a former walk on with high IQ and football skills with questionable size and athleticism rocked the combine by showing up with 4.5  speed and good numbers across the board . Could be a key utility backer in MPS diverse schemes ...now if he could just get a bit taller 

Excellent take! I had hopes of him falling/ had a 4th Rnd grade on him before he tested so well the combine. Now I have him going this round too. 

Well worthy top 100 guy IMHO and a beast on teams to add to his depth worth. 

Will my guy hang on for one more pick? This is TENSE! 

@actorguy1 and the Indianapolis Colts are on the clock. 

Hail. 

Sorry gents, just had to kick my daughter off the family computer first. "I'm sorry dear, you can finish your math games later, daddy needs it so he can do his "research" and make everyone on his mock draft thread laugh at him" Just be a few more minutes

With the 89th pick in the 2019 ES GM Mock Draft. The Indianapolis Colts select:

L.J. Collier, Edge TCU

Here is Daniel Jeremiah's take:

Collier has the size and skill set to line up on the edge or inside. He is extremely twitched up and he jars opponents once he gets his hands on them. In the passing game, he uses a shake/bull rush move, and he can also pop/separate from blocks while only using one arm. He can convert speed to power off the edge. He isn't an elite bender at the top of his pass rush, but he still finds a way to finish. He has the strength to hold the point of attack against the run, and his effort is solid. Overall, Collier isn't the biggest name in this DL class, but it wouldn't shock me if he emerged as the top player at the position three to four years from now.

Also, I still can't figure out how to add a signature to my posts. What gives? I feel like a noob or something.

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Sorry gents, just had to kick my daughter off the family computer first. "I'm sorry dear, you can finish your math games later, daddy needs it so he can do his "research" and make everyone on his mock draft thread laugh at him" Just be a few more minutes

1993 called.  They want their single family computer back.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

@Gibbs Hog Heaven and the cowboys are on the clock. 

Alright folks, pack it in.  Still gonna be another few hours for him to finish the writeup.

4 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

- 

If Houston wasn’t (perceived to be anyway) so deep at linebacker, Cashman would have been my pick.  Good value there, IMO.  

Man, that was a LONG 31 picks to sit through! 

Sitting at the back end of rounds is pretty 'meh' and HUGELY frustrating. Watching guys you'd LOVE to take in the 65- 75/80 range fly off the board. Whilst you sit marooned out at 3- 90. And the wait for the Cowboys second selection this draft was made even longer by virtue of sitting on a guy we only dared dream would slide this far. But, like our utter astonishment and good fortune with our first round take of Parris Campbell, slide he has. This is a young man we would have taken in a heartbeat at #58 had Parris not fallen into our lap. And one who we believe, for the second selection in a row, we're getting a round later than his talent deserves. A guy who we believe is a borderline top 50 talent in the 2019 class. 

Just HOW he's the 10th CB/ 19th DB off the board we don't know? Even less so with the buzz he generated with his great Combine that has seen him flying up NFL draft boards in RL. But fall he did so, for the second time in this draft, all here at the Cowboys are feeling exceptionally fortunate, privileged and no less ecstatic to announce .....

With the 26th selection in the 3rd Round of the 2019 NFL Draft, and 90th overall, the Dallas Cowboys select

CB. Sean Bunting. R- Jnr. Central Michigan University.

Dtv2areXcAAXEBh.jpg

Our wiley old DC Rod Marinelli has often said he wants the Cowboys secondary to 'mimic the Seattle secondary' whilst getting younger at the same time. So, last off-season, we cut out the middleman and went all in for Coach Marinelli. Hiring the architect of the 'Legion of BOOM!', Kris Richard, as our 'Passing Game Coordinator/ DB Coach' to implement the same in Dallas. Which he set around doing to immediate effect. Both collectively and individually. Improving the unit from PFF's 23rd ranked in 2017 to 11th last year. Whilst developing 23-year-old, then second-year players CB Chibode Awuzie and FS Xavier Woods to a massive sophomore leap into productive, full-time starters. Along with flipping Byron Jones to CB after 2 years as the Cowboys starting FS which produced the best season of his 4-year pro-career to date. Resulting in a greatly deserved first Pro-Bowl selection for a guy now considered one of the top corners in the league. 

But as our 'COO/ Executive VP/ Director of Player Personnel' Stephen Jones said at the Combine, 'CB is a sneaky need!' for the Cowboys going forward when you consider the likes of Anthony Brown are out of contract in 2019 and Byron is currently looking at a mammoth payday that may well prove too rich for the Cowboys given other pressing, big extensions. 

So we're delighted to add a small school guy with big-time potential who fits Coach Richard's prototype of a long, athletic, physical corner to a T. 

Sean is a real physical, outside, turn and press guy who can best be described as a 'cover and clobber' press-man boundary CB. 

As a former WR, the way he shadows receivers frequently shows on film. Often running better routes than the receivers themselves.  He sits on their hip and stays there. Regardless of the route. WR have a real hard time getting away from him. We were struck by his preparation for this through the interview process:

How do you cover a smaller, faster receiver differently than you would a bigger, more physical one?

SB: To be honest, it’s more about the routes you run. There’s big guys who are very successful at running intermediate routes. There’s also small guys who are more physical than they look. I break it down by formation and things of that nature. We have a spreadsheet on every route our opponent has ever ran. We collect info on every ball that’s ever been thrown to him, what routes he’s most targeted on, what routes he runs when the ball isn’t coming his way and so on. I can play small guys and big guys similar in a sense. I like to be more physical with the bigger guys. I can get my hands on them quicker because I can compensate with my speed.

You can’t guess with a smaller guy. You have to be patient. If you guess wrong, that first step can cost you. I’m definitely more patient with smaller guys. I like to be physical with those bigger guys because I know I can run with them. I’ll get my hands on them and make it tough for the quarterback.

Bunting's really well, thickly built physically, standing 6', 195', with long 31 3/4' arms and big 9 5/8' hands that allow him to highpoint the football really well and fight hard on hand fights with receivers. Which also ties into his excellent ball skills/ instincts as exemplified by his 9 INTS and 15 passes defended through his 3 seasons as a Chippewas. The last 2 starting leading him to be voted 'Team Defensive MVP' last season. His loose hips and quick feet allow for a fluid change of direction on a dime along with his rapid speed. 

But it was at the Combine that his Nationwide stock really started to move when he put up some amazing numbers for a guy his size-

4.42 in the 40. The 5th fastest of any CB. Borderline elite top speed. 

126' in the broad and 41.5' in the verticle jump. The 2nd best of any CB in Indy. 

Along with 14 reps the bench. 

The NFL Scouting Combine really helped Sean as it backed up his really encouraging tape against some good competition of the likes of Kentucky, Michigan State and other Big Ten/ Big 12/ Pac-12 et al schools that often gets overlooked in smaller school players. 

He does need to get stronger and tighten up his tackling technique which can be inconsistent at times. There's some sloppiness and undisciplined mechanics that have lead to mistakes his rapid speed and great instincts have fortunately put him in a position to compensate for through his college career with his 'cover and clobber' mentality. But they're all very coachable things and we believe, allied to Sean's natural traits, there's nobody better than Coach Richard to mould, develop and bring out of him from the current 'work in progress' to (hopefully) reach his ceiling as a long term starter in the NFL. 

The newest Dallas Cowboy becomes only the third ever CB selected out of Central Michigan. And the first since current Cowboy, Kavon Frazer, back in the 6th Rnd of 2016.

Welcome to Texas Sean. We're all delighted to add you into the mix of an already stellar Cowboys D. 

Like Parris Campbell at pick 2- 58, just HOW was he still available?

THE BALTIMORE RAVENS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail.

For anyone interested, this is a really interesting read on Buntin's back-story- 

Central Michigan Life - Life of an underdog: Sean Bunting operates inconspicuously to become prized NFL prospect

I like the Bunting pick @Gibbs Hog Heaven - was on my radar at #86 and frankly, if he’d shown just a bit more willingness in the run game, he’d probably have been my pick.  He’s a nice versatile corner that could fit any scheme (IMO) and isn’t likely to be a liability vs a certain ‘type’ of receiver.  

I had Hooker, Cashman, Lonnie Johnson and Bunting, along with 3 others all really close to each other.  I factored in more need/fit for 2 of the unsaid guys though, Cashman was a redundancy, and I’d already taken a corner (Layne)... hence my combo of BPA and need leading me to Hooker.  I was really hoping to trade back in the 1st as the Texans are lacking a 4th, but at least there’s a chance one of my 3 drops to the 5th.  

Gonna be tough to wait 2 rounds before picking again, but I’m liking the pace we’re on.  

9 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I like the Bunting pick @Gibbs Hog Heaven - was on my radar at #86 and frankly, if he’d shown just a bit more willingness in the run game, he’d probably have been my pick.  He’s a nice versatile corner that could fit any scheme (IMO) and isn’t likely to be a liability vs a certain ‘type’ of receiver.  

I had Hooker, Cashman, Lonnie Johnson and Bunting, along with 3 others all really close to each other.  I factored in more need/fit for 2 of the unsaid guys though, Cashman was a redundancy, and I’d already taken a corner (Layne)... hence my combo of BPA and need leading me to Hooker.  I was really hoping to trade back in the 1st as the Texans are lacking a 4th, but at least there’s a chance one of my 3 drops to the 5th.  

Gonna be tough to wait 2 rounds before picking again, but I’m liking the pace we’re on.  

Thank you. 

I had Bunting, Saunders and Hooker topping my stack for #90. With a bunch of other guys levelling it out if they went. Who got eroded themselves this round. Not least Harris on pure value.

So yourself and Seattle made the decision a lot easier. 

Hail. 

Archived