Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

37 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm... That's what we thought about you. :cheers: 

We may not have been that wrong - Jamel? really?   

My team is captain 3-cone, with our times combined, our 4 players run the 3-cone in an hour and a half. By the time my draft is over, my squads combined 3-cone would result in the forfeiture of a draft pick in the ES mock.

with-our-powers-combined-gif-12.gif

Alright, with the 12th pick of the 4th round, pick 112 of the ES Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

S Will Harris, Boston College
9560893.jpg

At 6'2", 210 pounds, he's the prototypical build you're looking for in a Safety.  He's got great athleticism to go with his size, too.  4.41 40-time, 4.12 20-yard shuttle, 11.42 60-yard shuttle, 6.91 3-cone, 20 reps on the bench, 36.5" vertical, and 10'3" broad.  Of those numbers, only the vertical and broad jumps were outside the top 5 for safeties, at #6 and #8, respectively.  And he's not just a combine-hero.  The tale of the tape backed up his combine performance.  He doesn't let up when the ball is on the other side of the field, he makes sure he hoofs it to get in there, which lead to him being Mr. Right Time Right Place with 6 fumble recoveries over two seasons.  He's a tough player that doesn't hesitate when he sees a block between him and the ball.  He'll go in full speed and make them earn the block, opening up a path to the ball carrier for the players who come in behind him.  When he does have a path to the ball, he'll get the guy to the ground.

He doesn't have much in the way if INTs and passes defensed, but he also wasn't thrown to very often.  He has solid cover skills that resulted in QBs throwing elsewhere.  I am quite pleased to be able to pick someone with his combination of size, athleticism, and talent in the 4th round.  He should contribute immediately on Special Teams and compete for the starting Safety position opposite Amos.

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You know you are on the clock? Not rushing you. Just realized you had not read the PM. Thought maybe you missed it.

Yeah, just had to choose which of my picks to take first and complete the write-up

The Miami Dolphins take Will Grier, QB, West Virginia. 

I wasn't thinking QB but this is a bit too far for me as for Will Grier dropping.  I get those who hate Grier, really really hate him. 😀  I see Grier as a bit of a flier.  Don't love him but don't hate him either -- I'd roll the dice on him if he dropped like he did in this mock.   I think I like Finley better among the 2nd tier group of QBs but he was already grabbed.   

I love the dude's moxie-style.  He's more accurate IMO than his critics give him credit for.  But I do have concerns about his arm strength.  Actually the dude ironically reminds me some of the Dolphins current QB, Fitzmagic.  So I'll have some fun and draft Grier from W. Virginia.   And to protect myself from the scorn of his critics, I'll load up this post with some propaganda. 😀

The Cincy Bengals are on the clock

@WelshSkinsFan

With the 117th pick in the 2019 ES draft the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Gary Jennings Jr, WR, WVU

A speedy, physical possession receiver who can grow into a regular starter for our shiny new QB.  There are some rough edges but he can contribute instantly as a Kick Returner as he learns the pro game.

@PokerPacker and the Cheese Heads are up again!

@drowland and the Browns are on deck! 

3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

With the 117th pick in the 2019 ES draft the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Gary Jennings Jr, WR, WVU

5ca7e539461c0.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Thought we might not see a pick from you for a few hours. Kind of late there. Thanks for staying/being up..  🙂  

Just now, WelshSkinsFan said:

Don’t be fooled by the screen name.  I was born and lived in Wales for 35 years but I have been in Alabama since 2007, not late at all for me.  

For some reason I thought you lived there still. My mistake. So I take it all back. About time you made your pick....  JK   LOL  

With the 16th pick of the 4th round, (118 overall), the Green Bay Packers Select

DE/OLB Joe Jackson, Miami

FYYUWNDEJ5EKDJI4YJDY2N7XCI.JPG

It's a little hard to pin down exactly what position he'll play.  He played 4-3 DE in college, but was maybe a little undersized, though played with power.  Put on 20 pounds or so for the Combine.  He currently stands at 6'5", 278 pounds.  That is workable size to play 3-4 DE, though a few more pounds wouldn't hurt.  Slim down a few pounds and he's ideal size for 3-4 OLB, which will allow him to rush the edge like he did in college.  Very productive pass-rusher with 22.5 sacks in three years.  Even with his productivity, he is a bit of a raw talent with technique, so it should be interesting to see what he can become with some NFL coaching.  He shouldn't be forced into a big role too soon, as GB already has the starting OLB positions spoken for, and two capable backups.  DE also has its starting positions spoken for and a backup or two.  This should allow some time for him to hone his game, and perhaps give the coaches time to decide where he's better suited to play.

16 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Don’t be fooled by the screen name.  I was born and lived in Wales for 35 years but I have been in Alabama since 2007, not late at all for me.  

Where from in Wales?  I was just there.   On another note, I feel like I am failing in this mock considering last year I was foiling Pokerpacker left and right taking guys he liked before he could take those players.  😀  Apparently that hasn't happened yet this time.  😧

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Where from in Wales?  I was just there.   On another note, I feel like I am failing in this mock considering last year I was foiling Pokerpacker left and right taking guys he liked before he could take those players.  😀  Apparently that hasn't happened yet this time.  😧

From Cardiff, home of the worlds greatest brewery and where they film Doctor Who for any sci fi nerds reading.

With the 119th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select, Corey Ballentine, CB - Washburn 

image.png.26a8fd0dd367c5e02820013cb09f9d4a.png

The Browns are keeping it small school with the Icabods own Corey Ballentine.  Still learning to play the position, but he's very athletic and has NFL level ball skills.  Had a really strong Senior Bowl week and upside is there to develop into a starting caliber player.  In the meantime he's a two way stand out on special teams.    

With pick #120 in the 2019 ES Mock Draft the Minnesota Vikings take: 

Devin Singletary, RB Florida Atlantic

Some teams may be turned off by his combine measurable of a 4.66 40 and 5'7". But once you see this kid on film you see the potential he has. He just seems to produce. 66 TDs and 4289 yds on 714 atts for 6.0 yds/carry in 38 games. His best season was 2017 but even after teams keyed on him in 2018 he had a very good season just not great like 2017 where he was second in both forced missed tackles and breakaway yds (for returning backs). Devin runs with a violence but with great vision. He can catch out of the backfield and already understands blocking.

With Dalvin Cook expected to be fully recovered from his 2017 injuries, we did not expect to go RB, certainly not this early. But Devin was just too good a value to pass up and it provides a solid 1 two punch from the backfield. Devin does not have the breakaway speed Cook does but he is a physical runner that just produces. Another way to keep your QB upright is to have a solid running game. Adding Devin to a revamped Oline can only help the offense be much more balanced than last year and help keep the D off the field.  

image.png.c70f0e28ddadf2abcb0bcb23905c00cb.png

@LittleTinyUnbornBaby and the Titans are on the clock! 

@duffy and the Steelers are on deck. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

With pick #120 in the 2019 ES Mock Draft the Minnesota Vikings take: 

Devin Singletary, RB Florida Atlantic

Some teams may be turned off by his combine measurable of a 4.66 40 and 5'7". But once you see this kid on film you see the potential he has. He just seems to produce. 66 TDs and 4289 yds on 714 atts for 6.0 yds/carry in 38 games. His best season was 2017 but even after teams keyed on him in 2018 he had a very good season just not great like 2017 where he was second in both forced missed tackles and breakaway yds (for returning backs). Devin runs with a violence but with great vision. He can catch out of the backfield and already understands blocking.

With Dalvin Cook expected to be fully recovered from his 2017 injuries, we did not expect to go RB, certainly not this early. But Devin was just too good a value to pass up and it provides a solid 1 two punch from the backfield. Devin does not have the breakaway speed Cook does but he is a physical runner that just produces. Another way to keep your QB upright is to have a solid running game. Adding Devin to a revamped Oline can only help the offense be much more balanced than last year and help keep the D off the field.  

image.png.c70f0e28ddadf2abcb0bcb23905c00cb.png

@LittleTinyUnbornBaby and the Titans are on the clock! 

@duffy and the Steelers are on deck. 

I love this pick!

Tape on this kid is awesome and from what I actually caught of him live on the tele, I loved his physicality and his quickness, not speed, but quickness through the holes.

Btw my pick is incoming.... im stuck on need vs bpa at this point and having trouble... HELP!!!!!  Nah I'm good

Well well well, 

It has been quite some time since the Tennessee Titans have been on the clock. After a long time waiting and much consideration of player fit at positions of need, looking at my board, which has been torn to shreds by you heathens, and much research.(much of which was done during work hours while I watch all you guys pick)

With the 121st overall pick in the 2019 ES mock draft, The Tennessee Titans and a LittleTinyUnbornBaby proudly select........

Greg Gaines, NT, Washington.

Gaines is a throwback to the old days of the NFL, a heavy man that is country strong will set the line and force runs outside by clogging up the middle of the field. Gaines was impressive at the senior bowl flashing some pass rush skills that were not really existent during his college career. With a big man like Gaines able to rotate with Austin Johnson, this will take some pressure off of Casey and Jones, which is a definite need along the D line.

ZHMVRBRFEPEDYIY.20140706185127.jpg?width

Archived