Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnson

Babz

Are the Skins bringing Johnson back for next season?  He did pretty well for limited time with the playbook and practice time. After the way Casey Keenum stunk it up in Denver I have no idea why we would have traded for him. I feel Johnson with a full season of OTA and practice time with first team would have produced better results.

Case Keenum had better numbers than Johnson did, which tends to be harder to do over the course of an entire season than over the course of 3 games (although Johnson had his share of obstacles to overcome).

At any rate, Johnson could still be brought back, but relying on him for even the #2 QB would be a massive mistake. He would absolutely need to earn his spot on the roster the old fashion way--through playing better than the guys ahead of him. He played better than Sanchez, but that won't earn you much.

Josh Johnson is not worth bringing back because he makes too many mistakes and is an average QB.  He has the arm but he uses his legs too much to make plays. All the great QB's had good offensive lines and got the ball to their playmakers. Josh Johnson doesn't do that and that is why he is on the street. 

I thought he earned a tryout for a backup spot. His injury makes it harder to justify though. I suspect the Redskins will want to supplement their QB corp with a rookie contract. That means its a really hard task for Johnson to make it unless Colt somehow gets the boot.

Btw, you really ought to edit the title and come up with something more descriptive.

I'm happy the kid got a shot. Maybe he'll get a call from one of the other leagues, or perhaps as a backup in this one. He showed a lot, given the limited time to absorb the playbook and the state of the OL. Always happy to see people get a chance. I'll be rooting for him.

I think the odds of him being brought back are slim. There's no reason to give any guaranteed money since its very, very unlikely he'd make the roster. And he wouldn't really gets reps in training camp either. There's two veterans (McOy, Keenum) and likely at least one young QB if not two with some UDFA being brought in. LEt's not forget he was also available in late November last season, so odds are if you get desperate enough he'll be there again.

I think he will be here for training camp and then cut when we trim the roster at the end of preseason.  I fully expect a rookie QB in the mix somewhere and we will want to carry 3 on the roster after last years debacle and that will probably be Case, Colt and the Rookie.  Josh is still needed for Training Camp reps and if we cut him I doubt he is picked up elsewhere and so should we have injuries at the QB position he is likely to be available with the benefit of having been in camp and learned the offense in more detail than during his emergency signing last season.

"My name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. . but you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

Archived