Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Johnson

Babz

It tells you something about your football team when the fan base thinks Josh Johnson needs to have a shot at being on your team.  I am just not sure what but it can't be good.  Yes the same Josh Johnson who had no other team in the NFL think he was worthy of even a back up roll for 8 years before the Redskins came calling.  The same Josh Johnson who was pretty much awful like the rest of his team.  

Colt is getting a bit older and obviously a bit more brittle. Keenum looks to be the day 1 starter at this point. JJ would certainly be the more mobile of the 3, although Colt is fairly mobile too ( but thats what took him out last year ). If Smith plays again, it would simply be the professional sports comeback of the century. ( in my opinion). And even if he does, is he the same QB that we expected him to be? Injuries like that have just as much of a mental effect.  I would think they're hoping to have a QB fall in their lap a bit later (2nd, or 3rd rnd) like Finley, Grier, or Thorson maybe. And use the #15 on a G, LB, or beast WR.  But there are so many needs, at this point its anyone's guess.

31 minutes ago, Monkman56 said:

Colt is getting a bit older and obviously a bit more brittle.

Johnson will be 33 years old next season. That's the same age as McCoy.

The 'young gun' is Case Keenum. He'll be 31 this season. 

21 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

He's coming to camp but isn't long for a 1 year hit it and quit it deal

So what you're saying is the Redskins dont have a plan for a long johnson?

I guess the Redskins wont end up getting ****ed by Johnson on game day...

21 hours ago, glongest said:

It tells you something about your football team when the fan base thinks Josh Johnson needs to have a shot at being on your team.  I am just not sure what but it can't be good.  Yes the same Josh Johnson who had no other team in the NFL think he was worthy of even a back up roll for 8 years before the Redskins came calling.  The same Josh Johnson who was pretty much awful like the rest of his team.  

I cant speak for everyone else, but my reason for wanting Johnson back as the starter for 2019 is that he’s (as you’re saying as well) awful. And awful QB play just might lead us to the 1st overall pick in the 2020 draft, where we choose between Tua/Fromm. That’s been my hope. And case Keenum doesn’t do that for us. He gets us to between 7-9 and 9-7, and i dont want that. 

Perhaps a lot of others that want josh Johnson back next season are having the same reasoning as me? In that case, it’s not so crazy as you might be thinking it is 🤔

Archived