Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier comment

Smurf3

Spurrier can get away with a comment like that due to Synder's reputation, which is deserved, however let's not pretend for one second that Spurrier had a good strategy for winning in the NFL.  He came into the league basically scoffing at the work other coaches were putting in to get their teams prepared and almost always got it handed to him against those same coaches.  

The guy was not cut out to be a winner in a league where he didn't always get the privilege of the top players coming to his team. 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, RFK Lives said:

I wish I had been a reporter there for a follow up question:

"Ball Coach, you mention even winning with the Redskins.  In your opinion, do you think now that the other teams with competent coaches and pro experience will see the tape and see you are running the same old schtick that does not translate to the pros, it will likely be your one win of the season?"

Here they come.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Painkiller said:

If I remember correctly Spurrier’s blocking “schemes” with guys like Trung nearly ended the life of poor Patrick Ramsey.  There was one blind-side sack in particular...I believe against Carolina..when I was convinced Ramsey was not going to get up.  He did though...

Not to mention the fact that in an interview with Jon Jansen and he mentioned that The Ole ****head wouldn't listen to any advice from vet players and that he tried to tell him that he could not have Trung blocking Michael Strahan one on one and he just didn't care.  

Spurrier can screw off........forever.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:55 AM, BurgundyBooger said:

If the people calling all the shots are the source of the ineptitude of this organization, then how can you possibly place any blame on those lower on the pecking order and are just following the lead of their bosses? If Trent or Ryan were to condemn this team after they retire, are we honestly going to accuse them of skirting ownership for the issues plaguing this franchise?

Because ownership and management is a source of the problems...not the sole source.  The players play the games.  We have had a lot of good/great players here since Snyder became owner, and some embarrassing ones in their play and their character.  Guys like Spurrier should never open their mouth about anything Redskins.

Did anyone but me see the clip live?   Honestly, it sounded more like he was griping about how tough it was to coach in the NFL... It wasn't a Dis on the Redskins... if anything, he as tooting his own horn, by saying how hard its been to win the first game here.  This comment is all about the ole ball coach, and not much about us.  So I wouldn't be upset if I were you.

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Did anyone but me see the clip live?   Honestly, it sounded more like he was griping about how tough it was to coach in the NFL... It wasn't a Dis on the Redskins... if anything, he as tooting his own horn, by saying how hard its been to win the first game here.  This comment is all about the ole ball coach, and not much about us.  So I wouldn't be upset if I were you.

It doesn't matter how Spurrier meant it, the same people crying media bias against ESPN, NFL Network, former players/coaches are going to make themselves believe this is another "axe to grind" situation.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:30 AM, Smurf3 said:

After winning his opener as head coach of the Florida team in the new pro league, Steve Spurrier was told that he had never lost his first game as head coach of any team. Upon hearing that he said,...."i even did it with the Redskins and that's not easy to do. "

Snyderskins in a nutshell.

Certainly not easy when you’re a lazy arrogant gator coaching in a league beyond your abilities. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:12 AM, Painkiller said:

Because ownership and management is a source of the problems...not the sole source.  The players play the games.  We have had a lot of good/great players here since Snyder became owner, and some embarrassing ones in their play and their character.  Guys like Spurrier should never open their mouth about anything Redskins.

Then it's the job of the coaches and management to straighten out or cut those embarrassing players.

Ownership and management are THE source of the problem and blaming the final product on anything else is like blaming the Enron scandal on the interns.

Archived