Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

David Amerson being cut before training camp starts, while Patrick Peterson is suspended for the first six games, and the Cardinals deciding to use a rookie second round pick as a starter instead, is not a very good sign for the man.

Live long and prosper, Mr. Amerson, for your path lies beyond the NFL.

Former 4th rd pick just two years ago. NE tried to trade for him. Sounds like given our TE situation would be wise to bring him in for a look see.

Lions waived TE Michael Roberts.

It was reported Thursday that New England had acquired Roberts from Detroit for a seventh-round pick in 2020, but the deal fell through after he failed his physical. Regardless, his tenure with the Lions is over. The 2017 fourth-rounder snared nine-of-20 targets for 100 yards and three touchdowns over 159 offensive snaps last season.

SOURCE: detroitlions.com

He failed his physical...so sounds exactly like the kind of guy we'd sign, yes. 

Jokes aside, he'll probably clear waivers, then get picked up by the Pats anyways in a month or something when he's healthy without having to trade for him. 

I was intrigued by him coming out, for the record. Even have him rostered in a deep TE Premium dynasty league. I'd take a look at him, despite my joke above.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:41 PM, ExoDus84 said:

David Amerson being cut before training camp starts, while Patrick Peterson is suspended for the first six games, and the Cardinals deciding to use a rookie second round pick as a starter instead, is not a very good sign for the man.

The Cardinals once again have a terrible coaching staff. I thought it was bad under Wilks, but this one is really bad. Clements is the only guy who appeared on multiple lists of prospective hires for those who interviewed for HC gigs. And the defensive staff is awful. I feel bad for Amerson that he was cut, but it's probably some kind of blessing in disguise that he won't be there.

55 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

The Cardinals once again have a terrible coaching staff. I thought it was bad under Wilks, but this one is really bad. Clements is the only guy who appeared on multiple lists of prospective hires for those who interviewed for HC gigs. And the defensive staff is awful. I feel bad for Amerson that he was cut, but it's probably some kind of blessing in disguise that he won't be there.

Yes. Kingsbury even admitted to the team creating fake social media profiles of cute women to track their players. What an idiot. 

For the record, every team should have a social media guy doing this. Nobody should be talking about it, obviously. Least of all the new young HC that needs to build a culture of trust with his players. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yes. Kingsbury even admitted to the team creating fake social media profiles of cute women to track their players. What an idiot. 

For the record, every team should have a social media guy doing this. Nobody should be talking about it, obviously. Least of all the new young HC that needs to build a culture of trust with his players. 

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?!?! He actually did that, and then admitted it? Hope that doesn't affect the trust factor too much in Zona. They have enough to deal with. And I still think that Boy Wonder was playing Jedi mind tricks by heaping praise on Kingsbury. They're gonna toast the Cardinals every time they play. The Joseph hire as DC was just plain stupid.

We already wasted a second round pick on David Amerson, unless he has miraculously gotten better in the last two years we need to stay very far away.  Getting cut by Arizona when the starting corner is suspended for 6 games doesn't indicate that he has gotten any better.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, ExoDus84 said:

You know what the sad part is. The Skins wasted a pick on this guy. Pretty high one at that. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

You know what the said part is. The Skins wasted a pick on this guy. Pretty high one at that. 

I have no problem with a good FO bashing - they mostly deserve it. But this is a bit of revisionist or hindsight bashing and really isn't reasonable. 

The true facts are Redskins fans lost their **** when Amerson was released and went to the Raiders and was OK there the first season. It was, oh what a huge mistake, he was our best CB. He will be a pro-bowler. In fairness we are all still a little stung by Gibbs trading Champ Bailey. But he had to. Bailey and his wife wanted out of Washington. So he got what he could for him.

Since Amerson's first season in Oakland he has been mostly bad. In fact he was not really that good in Oakland. Arizona was his 3rd team in 2 yrs. The redskins needed to move on. He was an OK CB but the team needed better and he was a bit of a head case while he was here. Not major but pretty whiny. 

As far as "wasting" a draft pick, that is easy to say in hindsight. It ignores that the draft is crap shoot. You are lucky to get 2 or 3 starters out of an entire teams draft. In fact the statistics show that a 2nd rd CB draft pick has only a 46% chance of being successful. 

Here are the general statistics - I think they are from 2015 so they may have changed a little - but they show the success rate for each major position by round. It's not pretty. So statistically speaking you are going to "waste" about 70% of all draft picks.  

image.png.c2c1a28b22b0095787f6aad9d065e03a.png

7 hours ago, KDawg said:

I am a huge Kapri Bibbs fan... I'd love to have him back.

But it's him or Marshall. We can't keep both. And Gruden et al., made his choice last season. Signing Bibbs back to get cut again isn't necessary.

How many runningbacks do you want on the roster? Thompson, Guice, Peterson, Bibbs, Marshall, Perine, Love.  That's 7.

Love is likely on PUP, and you said Bibbs or Marshall, but that still brings it down to 5.  That's a crap ton of running backs.  I think an argument can be made to bring it down to 3, but 4 should be the max.

28 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

How many runningbacks do you want on the roster? Thompson, Guice, Peterson, Bibbs, Marshall, Perine, Love.  That's 7.

Love is likely on PUP, and you said Bibbs or Marshall, but that still brings it down to 5.  That's a crap ton of running backs.  I think an argument can be made to bring it down to 3, but 4 should be the max.

That's easy. Trade Perine for someone's unwanted O-Lineman. With Guice and Peterson together, we shouldn't be needing Perine for anything.

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Nobody is getting any quality of OL at any point after FA is over.  Perine's value is worth about 2 Ibuprofen for the headache.

A no-quality RB for a no-quality OL seems like a fair trade to me. Who knows, maybe we flip Perine like we did Jeremy Jarmon for a solid 1 year rental like Jabar Gaffney.

19 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Not sure how you took what I typed and made it seem like I wanted a ton of backs.

I specifically said don't sign Bibbs because Gruden already chose Marshall.

I never said anything about keeping Marshall.

But to answer your question...

Peterson, Guice, Thompson, Marshall and Love.

Use Marshall/Thompson/Love as slot receivers as well.

3 QBs

5 backs

5 receivers

8 OL

3 TEs

5 Interior DL

5 DE/OLB types

4 ILB

6 CB

4 Safeties

1 LS

1 P

1 K

Totals to 52, leaving room for one random else where.

Could use 2 TEs, 4 interior DL, 4 DE/OLB types (though I don't encourage that), 7 OL (don't encourage that) or 4 backs (Marshall odd man out. I'd be more inclined to go with this if Love was healthy)

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not sure how you took what I typed and made it seem like I wanted a ton of backs.

I specifically said don't sign Bibbs because Gruden already chose Marshall.

I never said anything about keeping Marshall.

I was confused by your statement and wanted clarification.  That said, I'd think 5 backs would still be a ton, but I haven't followed how some of the RB usage heavy teams have been doing it.  Do the Saints/Patriots keep 5?

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But to answer your question...

Peterson, Guice, Thompson, Marshall and Love.

Use Marshall/Thompson/Love as slot receivers as well.

3 QBs

5 backs

5 receivers

8 OL

3 TEs

5 Interior DL

5 DE/OLB types

4 ILB

6 CB

4 Safeties

1 LS

1 P

1 K

Totals to 52, leaving room for one random else where.

Could use 2 TEs, 4 interior DL, 4 DE/OLB types (though I don't encourage that), 7 OL (don't encourage that) or 4 backs (Marshall odd man out. I'd be more inclined to go with this if Love was healthy)

I've got something close to that for defense.  7 CB's and just 4 DE/OLB types.  24 on D.  I wind up putting 26 on O just from lack of talent there and trying to find more bodies.

For offense, I've also got 3 QB's, but we know the team doesn't like doing that.  I've got 9 OL.  8 seems perilous with how often we get OL injuries.  I want to do 5 WR, but I'm betting we keep 6 (The last 2 spots are Sims and Harmon).  I also want to keep 4 TE (Vernon is old, Reed is 29 and has never played a 15 or 16 game season).  That leaves 4 RB's for me.  If someone breaks out in training camp on defense, and we have to keep 25 guys there, I'd drop the RB count to 3.

2 hours ago, max21 said:

Guice, Peterson, Love, Thompson. I don’t care about any other RBs

I'd agree... If Love was healthy. If he is somehow at camp and ready to go then I'd be okay with it.

But for some reason I look at the list you posted and say to myself:

ACL, ACL, ACL, ACL.

Archived