Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

49 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Said all along Norman was a candidate to get shipped out in a trade. Plenty of very good DB options in the draft. There's time yet for that trade.

Somewhere in here it said the Colts were searching for a CB via trade.  They should start there.

I feel like these twin big name DB signings are classic Snyder. We many glaring flaws that need to be addressed, including LB and of course WR. 

That said, Norman has to go, right? We can't have that much $$$ tied up in the secondary.

8 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Alex getting hurt had nothing to do with us losing to dallas in the second game....we barely won the first and cooper roasted us in the second game trust me you will want to see this team exactly what it is or you will lose a lotta sleep

Alex getting hurt had everything to do with losing the second time.Colt's 3 ints lost it. Amari had one big play were we matched him up with a one legged Dunbar.  I sleep good at night knowing the truth.The first game we donminated them up front and held zeke to whopping 33 yards rushing. Did you forget all of that?

6 hours ago, Coolio47 said:

Somewhere in here it said the Colts were searching for a CB via trade.  They should start there.

You'd think it would be perfect. The Colts have a TON of cap space, but appears to dont want to commit long term salary (See Funchess contract for 1/10M)

8 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

No he wasnt. I was stoked when the Giants drafted him. He sucked at Miami. I watched it with my eyes.

Yeah. he was awful. I mean I didnt watch tape before the draft or anything on the guy? Every single game he played in college is available to watch on Youtube.  I had a 2nd round grade on him and my thoughts are on this board for all to see from a couple of years ago. His tape was good. Not top ten good. but good. My concerns were his hand strength/punch. I liked his feet. But knew he was going to need work at the next level.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

I feel like these twin big name DB signings are classic Snyder. We many glaring flaws that need to be addressed, including LB and of course WR. 

That said, Norman has to go, right? We can't have that much $$$ tied up in the secondary.

Collins yeah, I dont know if Rodgers-Cromartie signing is really that big a deal.  He's kinda sorta a name, but safety was a glaring need too.

But having said that, who were they gonna spend resources instead at WR or LB?  The WR free agent market was utter garbage.  They at least have people in place at LB.  Run out the Foster boys, draft an OLB and call it a day.  They had nobody at safety.  

Why cant we have money tied up in the secondary this year?  A) it's only for another year probably, and b ) where are we going where we need a ton of cash in 2019?  Who are we spending it on that's worthwhile?  

40 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Collins yeah, I dont know if Rodgers-Cromartie signing is really that big a deal.  He's kinda sorta a name, but safety was a glaring need too.

But having said that, who were they gonna spend resources instead at WR or LB?  The WR free agent market was utter garbage.  They at least have people in place at LB.  Run out the Foster boys, draft an OLB and call it a day.  They had nobody at safety.  

Why cant we have money tied up in the secondary this year?  A) it's only for another year probably, and b ) where are we going where we need a ton of cash in 2019?  Who are we spending it on that's worthwhile?  

You bring up a very good point.  Who out there is worth more to this team than Josh Norman right NOW.  I have a hard time looking at the available free agents and thinking that any of them would worth enough to force us to release Norman.  

Justin Houston and Jared Cook could be interesting options, but Houston is north of 30 and likely wants a big payday, and Cook's value is dropping by every passing day.  We likely could get BOTH of them for what we still have available, and keep Norman.  The WR market is dry, as is ILB and O-line.   I get freeing up money, but dont do it just because he's playing under his contract, unless you have a purpose for that money that's already spent.  

4 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

Alex getting hurt had everything to do with losing the second time.Colt's 3 ints lost it. Amari had one big play were we matched him up with a one legged Dunbar.  I sleep good at night knowing the truth.The first game we donminated them up front and held zeke to whopping 33 yards rushing. Did you forget all of that?

Colt was a small part of that loss. We were up 13-10 with an XP try on the way and everything went downhill after that. Our secondary got torched and we got away from the ground game as we went into full panic mode. Colt was forced to throw the ball more than he should have and I doubt Alex would have had success in that scenario. We'd already seen during the season that when behind Alex was incapable. 

4 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

I dont see it that way Smith didnt take us from being average to being a contender he had very little impact yeah we started 6-3 but the way the defense played any average qb could have done that then the second the defense starts giving up big plays we rolled over and showed who we really were, Getting blown out by Atlanta and New Orleans was all i had to see that this team even with or without smith at helm had no chance band aids arent going to fix wounds that need sutures... Now  we are a team with the highest paid corner and highest paid safety in the league, for a team that has no quarterback or wide receiver its going to be very hard to win with a divergence like that imo....but i will still watch and hope for the best but i have become cautiously optimistic since trading for an old mediocre qb for the SECOND time in this Bruce Allen led regime....

30 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm telling you, my man Chris Hogan is still out there.

I don't know. I liked Hogan, he'll be 31 and for a white WR to only have 'average' production in New England (best season was 2016 where he had 38 receptions, 680 yards, 4 TDs) it's a red flag for me. 

I should add my 'white' comment is only linked because the Patriots have been extremely successful in taking that demographic of WR and getting the most out of them (Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, etc...). With some of their injuries it seems like Hogan should have had a bigger role and he's never been more than a #3 to 5 WR for them. 

Map that over to any other team and he's going to lose his job to a rookie. 

4 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I should add my 'white' comment is only linked because the Patriots have been extremely successful in taking that demographic of WR and getting the most out of them (Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, etc...). With some of their injuries it seems like Hogan should have had a bigger role and he's never been more than a #3 to 5 WR for them. 

Probably better if you just left it out

So you are telling me that Alex Smith, guy whose best attribute is to not turn the ball over, wouldnt have made a difference in a close game where his backup turned the ball over 3 times? Come on. Dude led us to 6-2 on the backs of not turning the ball over and almost nothing more than that.

Jordy is done. Without Rodgers throwing him open, hes a waste of a roster spot. Hogan completely messed the bed this season. He's done as well.

We shouldnt be trading a top flight corner for an oft-injured and undersized wr just to save some dollars. However, I do like the prospect of trading down to Indy for their 1st and high 2nd. (giving up our #15 and a 5th or future pick).

Any talk of WR in FA is ludicrous... We don't have a QB.

Now, take that to the draft thread and it's worth entertaining.

I actually like the Flowers signing in regards to things we could be doing and should be doing in FA. Land a very young project with prior top 1-2 round grade. Little risk, high ceiling. Landing a solid cheap vet G for very cheap would be on the other end of that prudent spectrum.

Going for a 5-8 mil dollar WR is pointless. 

I also like the Collins move in that he is also very young and prior All-Pro. There is no reason the Redskins shouldn't get significant 'prime years' usage out of him and ceiling also very high. 

The 2 moves I don't care for is AP and DRC. Neither of those are truly needed and frankly could have filled with late round or even unsigned rookies. With a health Guide and CP, we really don't need an aged RB (and I love what AP did last year). We're just very unlikely to win this year. DRC as a free safety... great for 1 or 2 years and thats far from guaranteed. I think we could have trimmed some fat with these moves

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. he was awful. I mean I didnt watch tape before the draft or anything on the guy? Every single game he played in college is available to watch on Youtube.  I had a 2nd round grade on him and my thoughts are on this board for all to see from a couple of years ago. His tape was good. Not top ten good. but good. My concerns were his hand strength/punch. I liked his feet. But knew he was going to need work at the next level.

I notice he "catches" a lot of D-Lineman and his instinct is to put his hands outside on their shoulder pads.  That's holding in the NFL.  He's going to have to be broken down and rebuilt by Callahan in order to even be serviceable for the Redskins.  Tall order.  In addition, there are interior lineman that are technically ready to play RIGHT NOW in this draft.  I pray Skins draft one, along with a Tackle project with upside, and jettison Flowers before the season starts.  

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

So you are telling me that Alex Smith, guy whose best attribute is to not turn the ball over, wouldnt have made a difference in a close game where his backup turned the ball over 3 times? Come on. Dude led us to 6-2 on the backs of not turning the ball over and almost nothing more than that.

Jordy is done. Without Rodgers throwing him open, hes a waste of a roster spot. Hogan completely messed the bed this season. He's done as well.

We shouldnt be trading a top flight corner for an oft-injured and undersized wr just to save some dollars. However, I do like the prospect of trading down to Indy for their 1st and high 2nd. (giving up our #15 and a 5th or future pick).

He doesnt turn the ball over but doesnt score points either 10 tds in 9 games is pathetic im sorry but im not about the auto losing vs teams with a decent offense, we stood no chance vs the saints nor the falcons....and he was present and suited up for both those games. 

Archived