Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

@PleaseBlitz

yeah I get that.

i also get that it’s wholly inappropriate for an outgoing elected rep, leaving due to scandal, to appoint their own replacement. Which is exactly what you’re plan is. 

If republicans were doing this id probably have a problem with it too. 

I honestly can’t make up my mind and I’m a VA resident that voted in that election straight dem ticket. 

I actually made a mistake in my last response. My original post involved Gov and Lt Gov. I didn’t do anything with the AG because, as of now, it looks like he is going to retain the support of the Virginia Black Caucus (based on the fact that his ****up was long ago and his actions as AG have been very progressive) and be okay. But I don’t want him elevated to Gov either, if I had my way. Either way, it probably doesn’t get to Kirk Cox. 

16 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Northam and Fairfax need to resign ASAP.  Not good for the party at all.  What if Fairfax resigns but Northam does not?  Total disaster. The black dude resigns, but not the White dude. 

Well the black guy committed rape, probably. 

My thoughts...

Fairfax needs to go. Northam, probably not. He's a doofus though. I mean, come on VA. How did you elect this guy?

If they both resign, whoever is third in line is the governor. Sorry friends, you don't get to calvinball this **** just because it'd be a different political party. If you remember, that's why we don't like the GOP... because they do **** like excuse rape & racism for political gain.

I get what @tshile is saying.  To tell if something is right, ask yourself if the other side did it, would that be okay.  If GOP appointed a successor before having to resign amid scandal that would rub me the wrong way.  But there is one key difference there.....

The GOP is corrupt as **** and anything they do should automatically be considered wrong until proven otherwise!

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My thoughts...

Fairfax needs to go. Northam, probably not. He's a doofus though. I mean, come on VA. How did you elect this guy?

His opponent was not-quite-openly racist. 

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If they both resign, whoever is third in line is the governor. Sorry friends, you don't get to calvinball this **** just because it'd be a different political party. If you remember, that's why we don't like the GOP... because they do **** like excuse rape & racism for political gain.

It wouldnt be Calvinball, in that the rules aren’t changing. Gerald Ford appointed a new VP (Nelson Rockefeller) when he assumed the presidency. Same concept. 

This also isnt excusing rape & racism, it is the opposite. In this scenario, all the rapists and racists get kicked TF out. 

We’ve now set a dangerous precedent.  Lives and careers are able to be destroyed by simple accusations without the accuser ever having to file formally and have to face the system. 

Some me may think it’s a win for the me too movement.  But I think it’s a disaster.  

Justin Fairfax May very well be completely innocent.  But it no longer matters.  And he’ll never have the chance to formally confront his accuser. 

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

His opponent was not-quite-openly racist. 

And the opposing LT governor ran an entire campaign on “I’m just like trump”

there wasnt time to find yearbook photos of blackface

There was a serious contest over the identity of the state (sane vs insane) going on

and yes the dope that wore black face and posed next to a kkk dress up (or didn’t?) and thought moonwalking would lighten the mood at the press conference about it was the correct candidate to vote for. 

Northam was by all accounts an unexciting but qualified candidate that would do well by the state. Had we known that then Va would have had very different leadership. Maybe they wouldn’t have had a giant racist and rape scandal but it would have been bad for the state policy wise. 

Very bad. 

This was Stewart running for senate last year, but he said the same garbage running for lt governor the year before

“I’m going to be the president’s number-one partner in the Senate,” Stewart said. “I'm willing to be the bruiser – twisting arms, knocking heads and ridiculing other senators in order to pressure them to getting the president’s agenda through ... To do whatever it takes.”

We basically were asked whether we wanted Trump’s minions to run our state after watching trump as president for a year

the answer was “**** no”

it just so happens that timing made northam the beneficiary of it 

had it been a normal race I’m not sure northam wins, but that wasn’t the conditions. 

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

We’ve now set a dangerous precedent.  Lives and careers are able to be destroyed by simple accusations without the accuser ever having to file formally and have to face the system. 

Some me may think it’s a win for the me too movement.  But I think it’s a disaster.  

Justin Fairfax May very well be completely innocent.  But it no longer matters.  And he’ll never have the chance to formally confront his accuser. 

I agree that this sets an uncomfortable precedent. Unfortunately, the precedent it is replacing is worse. The flipside to this coin has been, for decades or longer:  man rapes woman, woman speaks up, woman isnt believed and is ostracized, women learn not to speak up, men learn they can rape women.  

We are in that uncomfortable period where the equities are being rebalanced, but we don’t have it right yet. So, very unfortunately and unfairly, some innocent men are gonna get hemmed up along with the actual bad guys. 

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ!

The facebook messages can't be contemporaneous because facebook didn't exist till 2004.  I'm guessing the emails will come out.  Did I live in some alternate universe?  In 2000, you tell multiple friends that you were raped and not one person reported it to the police?  WTF?

And why on holy hell did these accusers not report this during the freaking primaries or the election?!?!

I agree with @Kilmer17.  I don't want politicians of either party removed from office based on accusations alone.  We need a full and thorough investigation (which is what I called for in Kavanaugh situation).  Then the legislature can decide on impeachment based on the uncovered evidence.

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

We are in that uncomfortable period where the equities are being rebalanced, but we don’t have it right yet. So, very unfortunately and unfairly, some innocent men are gonna get hemmed up along with the actual bad guys. 

That's not acceptable and it should not be those binary choices.  And it need not be, especially for public officials.  Impeachment process exists.  Legislatures can subpoena and investigate.  If the dems come away with the lesson from Kavanaugh that we must believe and act on credible accusations, that is a horrendous lesson.  The correct response is a thorough investigation, not declaring the innocence or guilt based on accusations and denials alone.

15 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That's not acceptable and it should not be those binary choices.  And it need not be, especially for public officials.  Impeachment process exists.  Legislatures can subpoena and investigate.  If the dems come away with the lesson from Kavanaugh that we must believe and act on credible accusations, that is a horrendous lesson.  The correct response is a thorough investigation, not declaring the innocence or guilt based on accusations and denials alone.

In agree and thats what i meant by not having it right yet. 

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I need some better caliber statement from an aspiring POTUS.  Not to say I don't believe Dr. Tyson, but what exactly was the corroboration for her accusation?

Couldn’t, using this burden of proof, Fairfax prance out some frat brother that claims Fairfax never raped anyone?

Archived