Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The beat writers should be so ****ing embarrassed. 

This is though what I think Dianne Russini was implying in her complaint on twitter the other day which is other teams aren't playing games when it comes to hires and firings they are letting reporters know -- but the Redskins aren't do that, they are making national and beat reporters dig and try to figure it out without their help. 

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Have it finish 0-16 and get the first pick in the draft.

Then get fired.

I can do the drafting as well.

I will sacrifice myself for the community if that can help.

I think Dan and Bruce should finally man up on this.  Beat reporters among others say that both guys think their crap doesn't stink and that they are smarter than everyone else.

Let Dan be the GM.  Bruce coach the team.  We know they are dying to do this anyway.   Dan already has dabbled plenty in personnel.  Bruce apparently already does the challenges and tells Jay at times who to play.  Just dive all the way in. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is though what I think Dianne Russini was implying in her complaint on twitter the other day which is other teams aren't playing games when it comes to hires and firings they are letting reporters know -- but the Redskins aren't do that, they are making national and beat reporters dig and try to figure it out without their help. 

That is a possibility.

Other one is that they aren't reporting anything, because they have no clue.

Bruce and Dan wakes up without knowing what they'll do today...

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

That is a possibility.

Other one is that they aren't reporting anything, because they have no clue.

Bruce and Dan wakes up without knowing what they'll do today...

That was one of the raps from people covering the team which is Dan's not sure what he wants to do, ditto Jay on the defensive side.  Could be they are just winging it day by day.  

I think the difference is you don't have to eat the salary if its done that way -- interview elsewhere, etc.  I could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Chris Russell echoing the report that Tomsula is frustrated with the circus and wants out too. LOL. 

That would be hilarious if everyone quit, it would just be Dan, Bruce, and Tony. The three stooges. 

It was Russell who mentioned the frustration of both of those coaches yesterday on Chad Dukes show.

2 minutes ago, Tay said:

It was Russell who mentioned the frustration of both of those coaches yesterday on Chad Dukes show.

Yep and there are others echoing the Tomsula-Callahan drill so it should be interesting.   Russell on the radio right now, said he heard there were 3 guys who wanted out but wasn't sure for certain that Kotwica was the third.  But heard they are all tired of the circus-culture there.    He said he heard Kotwica told them he's unhappy and wants to leave.  So sounds like he wanted out as opposed to them wanting him out. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep and there are others echoing the Tomsula-Callahan drill so it should be interesting.   Russell on the radio right now, said he heard there were 3 guys who wanted out but wasn't sure for certain that Kotwica was the third.  But heard they are all tired of the circus-culture there.    He said he heard Kotwica told them he's unhappy and wants to leave.  So sounds like he wanted out as opposed to them wanting him out. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen a coordinator level coach leave one team of his own freewill to take the exact same job with another team.  Tells me that coaches on the staff have no respect for the organization or Jay.  Very bad sign and indictment of the absolute dumpster fire this franchise has become under Danny Boy Snyder.

7 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Why the hell would Tomsula want out? We've loaded him with resources up front. I mean what interaction if any does he have with the FO?

Places that are dysfunctional with drama and negative attention are unpleasant places to work, whether you have a direct connection to the cancer or not. The whole vibe is wrong. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

And why Callahan ?

Last I heard he was so in love with Jay that he was uninterested with promotions elsewhere.

Yeah I mean Russell can't even pin down who's leaving and who's going but somehow has knowledge of our line coaches being fed up with the circus? The two units of the team that have arguably the most resources dedicated to them? I call BS.

7 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Why the hell would Tomsula want out? We've loaded him with resources up front. I mean what interaction if any does he have with the FO?

Bc This organization is a joke.  They dont provide their coaches with the latest technology.  

Jay wants out as well. It's pretty obvious. 

If Bruce was anyone other than Bruce, he'd see if the Bengals would throw a mid-round pick the Skins way in exchange for Jay.

That being said, I don't much stock in anything Chris Russell says. Dude swore the Skins were going to sign Matt Flynn years back. 

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And why Callahan ?

Last I heard he was so in love with Jay that he was uninterested with promotions elsewhere.

Apparently there are some in the building who have a problem with how hard he pushes his players. There's a belief that it's leading to so many injuries on the OLine and it's shortening the careers of some of their best players.

Russell mentioned that Bill C is still around largely do to his past relationship with Bruce. I get the idea that Callahan will be out, but he won't be fired because of that relationship. They will mutually part ways or Callahan may retire (my take based on radio interviews and podcasts).

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Places that are dysfunctional with drama and negative attention are unpleasant places to work, whether you have a direct connection to the cancer or not. The whole vibe is wrong. 

Maybe, maybe not. I don't trust a single thing these beat guys are saying, they've basically been exiled from the team lol.

I'd be surprised that he would want to uproot his family or whatever to go coach another DL when he has 2 cornerstones and future stars on his unit along with a bunch of other talent at his disposal. But maybe we just are that rotten from the inside and coaches are clawing their way out. I don't claim to know, but that one seems puzzling.

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Jay wants out as well. It's pretty obvious. 

If Bruce was anyone other than Bruce, he'd see if the Bengals would throw a mid-round pick the Skins way in exchange for Jay.

That being said, I don't much stock in anything Chris Russell says. Dude swore the Skins were going to sign Matt Flynn years back. 

Why do you say Jay wants out? Doesn’t seem obvious to me

38 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a coordinator level coach leave one team of his own freewill to take the exact same job with another team.  Tells me that coaches on the staff have no respect for the organization or Jay.  Very bad sign and indictment of the absolute dumpster fire this franchise has become under Danny Boy Snyder.

Danny Smith. Redskins.

11 minutes ago, max21 said:

Why do you say Jay wants out? Doesn’t seem obvious to me

You haven't seen his presser after we claimed reuben Foster?

Anyway regarding Jay it's been short reports saying he'll be hack.

I'm not sure anyone in the FO had an official word about him being hack.

Even that felt weird...

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That's not what is happening, though...you have 30 people telling you 30 different things, and one person telling you it sounds like the other 30 don't actually know what's going on lol...

Umm....no.  In items A through J he mentioned only one of the people contradicted another.  The rest were in agreement about things, but you turned it into "Nobody seems to know whats going on, so maybe nothing is, I love bruce".  At least I think that was the exact quote...

Not sure how A national reporter saying Gray is being replaced, a Denver reporter saying the same about them bringing in a new DB coach, local DC reporters saying Manusky wants Gray gone, and players saying they want someone better than Gray means nobody is on the same page.  The only one who looks incompetent there with Gray GOING to be fired with 100% certainty, but for some reason not already, is the Redskins front office.  And maybe anyone who backs them on that *cough*

29 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

It’s probably hard for you to relate, being young and new to the workplace.  But as someone who held a leadership role in a dysfunctional organization, who liked his direct manager and loved his direct reports, I still wanted out.  I wanted everyone to get out.

Just maybe the Redskins are wanting to change the running scheme game up.  Whether it's the gap scheme, the zone scheme, using your draws using wide zone or tight zones or whatever that may be  that could be the reason for Bill Callahan being let go.  Just maybe the Redskins are changing the running game up and they want another offensive line coach that they feel can coach it better.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, as far as we know, at the last heard report, Gray is teetering on some ledge in between fired and retained ?

Nothing is official either way ?

Just wondering if the thread title should be modified.

Nothing official just all speculation.  The only thing that is official is Ben Kotwica is gone.  Good guy but he truly did nothing until this season.

Archived