Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

2 hours ago, Tay said:

Apparently there are some in the building who have a problem with how hard he pushes his players. There's a belief that it's leading to so many injuries on the OLine and it's shortening the careers of some of their best players.

Russell mentioned that Bill C is still around largely do to his past relationship with Bruce. I get the idea that Callahan will be out, but he won't be fired because of that relationship. They will mutually part ways or Callahan may retire (my take based on radio interviews and podcasts).

If you listened to Cooley's offensive breakdowns this year one thing he continually hit on was how he disagreed with the blocking techniques employed by Callahan.

The torque and turn as he called it, he thought it could lead to injuries.

I thought Callahan would be one of the first coaches fired.

What is the 3-ring circus Callahan and Tomsula are supposed to be tired of?

Lafemina being fired? Putting in the claim on Reuben Foster? All the injuries to the OLine? A player on Tomsula's side of the ball criticizing his DC to the press?

What's the straw that broke the camel's back and making them want to "flee"? And yeah, I'm trying to get something more than the generic "all the dysfunction"-type comments.

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Umm....no.  In items A through J he mentioned only one of the people contradicted another.  The rest were in agreement about things, but you turned it into "Nobody seems to know whats going on, so maybe nothing is, I love bruce".  At least I think that was the exact quote...

First, I said they were telling you different things, not contradictory things. "Different" does not mean "opposite".

Second, when "30" (meaning a lot lol) people are telling you different small parts of a whole, it usually means that none of them know the real story. Which was my point. Which flew 1,000 miles above your head. Whoosh.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Count me among those who hope we stay away...I don't want to retread our retreads lol....Is there any way we can find the defensive version of Sean McVay?

With the run of defensive coordinators we've had post Gregg -- should we trust they might have a gem up their sleeve?

29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Lafemina being fired? Putting in the claim on Reuben Foster? All the injuries to the OLine? A player on Tomsula's side of the ball criticizing his DC to the press?

What's the straw that broke the camel's back and making them want to "flee"? And yeah, I'm trying to get something more than the generic "all the dysfunction"-type comments.

you think if they leave they are obligated to give us whether it was a slow burn type of thing or there was a specific turning point?  Or is this you just saying you doubt that there is dysfunction or that they think there is dysfunction?  Will see.  Russell's been on this (along with Finley) for awhile while also saying the team doesn't want to lose either (with some mixed feelings about Callahan) and especially Callahan.  Will see soon enough.  And if they happen to leave I doubt either guy is doing a 60 Minutes like expose about their time here, I'd presume they'd stay quiet. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With the run of defensive coordinators we've had post Gregg -- should we trust they might have a gem up their sleeve?

you think if they leave they are obligated to give us whether it was a slow burn type of thing or there was a specific turning point?  Or is this you just saying you doubt that there is dysfunction or that they think there is dysfunction?  Will see.  Russell's been on this (along with Finley) for awhile while also saying the team doesn't want to lose either (with some mixed feelings about Callahan) and especially Callahan.  Will see soon enough.  And if they happen to leave I doubt either guy is doing a 60 Minutes like expose about their time here, I'd presume they'd stay quiet. 

Um, aren't guys like Russell supposed to already know what the "3-ring circus" consists of that is making Redskins coaches flee? And shoudn't fans repeating those comments want to know as well since they are repeating the comments? lol...For a lot of people here (well, more so on twitter) they just run with it and repeat it like it's obvious...and I'm not seeing an obvious explanation as to what would drive coaches to start running out the door. 

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Just speculation on my part. But I would add to that list, that dissent about the Swearinger decision could be part of it.

Who knows, maybe that could explain Tomsula's ire and fire.

Safety is a part of his defense. Not his position group, but it affects his guys, and maybe that decision to waive DJ pissed off Tomsula. Kotwica was pissed off too, because, well...that's what he does...get pissed off.

34 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Obviously none of us know what if anything ails Callahan and/or Tomsula about working in Ashburn.

But as someone that’s worked in a dysfunctional environment, it’s never any one situation that breaks the camels back.  It’s typically a culmination of a lot of things over an extended period of time.  

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just speculation on my part. But I would add to that list, that dissent about the Swearinger decision could be part of it.

Who knows, maybe that could explain Tomsula's ire and fire.

Safety is a part of his defense. Not his position group, but it affects his guys, and maybe that decision to waive DJ pissed off Tomsula. Kotwica was pissed off too, because, well...that's what he does...get pissed off.

lol @ the bold...

But does disagreeing with cutting a player sound like, describe, or qualify as "3-ring circus"?

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously none of us know what if anything ails Callahan and/or Tomsula about working in Ashburn.

But as someone that’s worked in a dysfunctional environment, it’s never any one situation that breaks the camels back.  It’s typically a culmination of a lot of things over an extended period of time.  

Calahan coached on the Cowboys lol...dysfunction should make him yawn at this point.

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It's been almost two weeks since our ****ing clown show season ended and the only mother****er we've fired is Torian ****ing Gray.

I hate the Redskins.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Torrian Gray firing was only speculation on the media’s part. Pretty sure he’s still here. 

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Tomsula's only been here two years, right?...

Yes

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Torrian Gray firing was only speculation on the media’s part. Pretty sure he’s still here. 

I'm still trying to figure what happened there.

So how do you explain a reporter making a statement that a coach is fired, only to find out he's not ?
How do you mess up that badly ? In this case, is it on the reporter, or on the team ?
Did the reporter highly suspect the firing was imminent for some reason, and really wanted to be the first to break the story, so he rushed to  premature publication ?
Or is the firing true, but only unofficial, because Redskins Park is under lockdown, and refusing to make any public statements on anything, regardless of the need ?

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Um, aren't guys like Russell supposed to already know what the "3-ring circus" consists of that is making Redskins coaches flee? And shoudn't fans repeating those comments want to know as well since they are repeating the comments? lol...For a lot of people here (well, more so on twitter) they just run with it and repeat it like it's obvious...and I'm not seeing an obvious explanation as to what would drive coaches to start running out the door. 

I think it would be bizarre if he actually had a blow by blow account of everything they don't like.  Your point is often to say reporters fielding gossip are going to get things wrong in the mix.  Well, yeah, of course, we all get that.  Of course some of it will end up wrong -- that's why the what we are hearing stuff doesn't become actual stories until it happens.  Some of it will go down, some won't.  Like I said in another post, people that are cynical about the FO are more likely to believe the more cynical reports -- the ones who are more sympathetic to the FO are less inclined to believe it.  So to each their own.    

As for you not seeing an obvious explanation as what would drive coaches to start running out the door and them talking about being tired of dysfunction.  Again different perspectives -- to you that would seem strange.  To many here that wouldn't sound even a little strange.  Different strokes.  Maybe Kotwicka made a lateral move because he just always wanted to live in Atlanta and loved working at Redskins Park -- and Russell has his story completely backwards.  We likely will never know. 😉

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

lol @ the bold...

But does disagreeing with cutting a player sound like, describe, or qualify as "3-ring circus"?

Well, it’s probably the fact that Swearinger decided to call out the DC (after being asked many times not to, apparently) on top of uhhh.....a **** load of other stupid decisions by this team, and the fact we might not have a good QB next season, and might even be going into 2020 with a new head coach, that all could make it seem like a 3-ring circus around the park to Callahan and Tomsula. Heck if i was there id be wanting out too by now 😂😂

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it would be bizarre if he actually had a blow by blow account of everything they don't like.  Your point is often to say reporters fielding gossip are going to get things wrong in the mix.  Well, yeah, of course, we all get that.  Of course some of it will end up wrong -- that's why the what we are hearing stuff doesn't become actual stories until it happens.  Some of it will go down, some won't.  Like I said in another post, people that are cynical about the FO are more likely to believe the more cynical reports -- the ones who are more sympathetic to the FO are less inclined to believe it.  So to each their own.    

As for you not seeing an obvious explanation as what would drive coaches to start running out the door and them talking about being tired of dysfunction.  Again different perspectives -- to you that would seem strange.  To many here that wouldn't sound even a little strange.  Different strokes.  Maybe Kotwicka made a lateral move because he just always wanted to live in Atlanta and loved working at Redskins Park -- and Russell has his story completely backwards.  We likely will never know. 😉

To me, I'm not seeing anything "obvious" that a coach would want to be known as unable or unwanting to deal with it so they said "I'm out" instead. A lot of these guys want to be head coaches, not just coordinators or position coaches. McVay probably experienced 10 times more "circus atmosphere" during his 5 years here than Tomsula did in his 2 years with the Skins. Were there ever any reports that McVay wanted out asap because he's fed up with the dysfunction? If so, I don't remember any. Whatever circus environment he experienced, he rode it out and kept showing the Skins (and apparently other teams) that he was damn good at what he does. So, again, to me, nothing that has occurred with the Skins over the past two years--that we outside of the team know about anyway--makes a good case for a guy like Tomsula throwing up his hands and saying "That's it"...in fact, it would reflect poorly on him, if true. I know most are concentrating on saying it makes the Skins look bad, but unless there was something damn serious going on behind the scene I a not seeing the obvious 3-ring circus that makes coaches run for the hills. 

It does come across to me as if it's an easy claim to make, and one that will be believed with no hesitation by most fans...without much thought put into it. Reminds me of when the report came out that Scot M apparently wanted the Skins to sign Cousins long-term after the 2015 training camp. most said "See? Told you Allen and Snyder were dopes!" Guys like Keim and Russell, though, thought it made zero sense and didn't align with what they knew about Scot's opinion of Kirk at the time. So they questioned it. A few others did, too (Galdi, Sheehan). But the desire to believe it, was stronger in many than the desire to see if it was believable.

I think SIP explained it rather well in that yes - those of us that are not fans of the FO will tend to believe negative reports about the organization.  Rumors like coaches wanting out don’t seem like a stretch to us.

Dan oughta hire Califan to put out his fires.  I’m not sure I’ve come across anyone more invested in investigating negative Redskins takes and putting together theories that they cannot possibly be true.  Tony Wylie should spend some time here and take notes.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think SIP explained it rather well in that yes - those of us that are not fans of the FO will tend to believe negative reports about the organization.  Rumors like coaches wanting out don’t seem like a stretch to us.

Dan oughta hire Califan to put out his fires.  I’m not sure I’ve come across anyone more invested in investigating negative Redskins takes and putting together theories that they cannot possibly be true.  Tony Wylie should spend some time here and take notes.

I've said a million times now, my brain is wired to instantly spot logic flaws and work them out until they make sense. Call it the "itchy brain syndrome" lol...

My philosophy, on everything:

2d816c9590eab10ee5815a4bf34ac5d0.jpg

Archived