Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Why the hell would Tomsula want out? We've loaded him with resources up front. I mean what interaction if any does he have with the FO?

Why would he want to lose year in and year out?  If you were a coach, would you like to coach for a losing team that had no hope of even making the playoffs, much less the superbowl?  Coaches like players have to be incredibly competitive.  Do you really think that because he doesnt have to deal with the FO that its effects arent every day around him?  I mean, how frustrated are we with the front office, and yet hes the one actually there every day and has to deal with it.

His choices:  Coach great talent to average success, because the back 7-8 are so poor and poorly coached that teams find a way to still complete passes etc, or, cough average to good talent to great success because the D-Cord and other assistants know what they are doing.  His choice then is to either underperform due to the fault of those around him, or overperform and enjoy success due to those around him being at his level.  Easy choice...

See, you may have mistaken Tomsula for being like Gruden.  Jay is just happy to have a job, and so you assume everyone else is.  But Tomsula is actually good and knows he can get a job anywhere, and wants one that fits his level of ability.  Hes ambitious, and good, and not willing to settle for Snyders **** show.

2 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Yes but breaking news GB coach Vince Lombadi - is slated to take over as HC of the Redskins ... and by breaking news i meanbreaking news in 1969 - :) 

Does his grandson Joe have any of that Vinnie football in his blood ?

As a QB coach, seems like HC would be the next step for him.

7 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:

Nothing official just all speculation.  The only thing that is official is Ben Kotwica is gone.  Good guy but he truly did nothing until this season.

That's not true about Kotwica. He led the STs out of the dead sea to respectable and then very good. What people forget is that when there are injuries, yes the O and D get hit, but STs takes it the hardest. They lose players from both sides. They are the first unit to have to integrate players off the street.  

Here are the rankings per Football Insiders: 

2014 - 29th - 1st season 

2015 - 6th 

2016 - 13th 

2017 - 22nd (Injuries, but mostly Tress Way having a very bad year - but he stuck with Way and you could argue he was our MVP this yr)

2018 - 8th

Saying he did nothing till this year is just not true. He did a phenomenal job considering what he had to work with, especially the impact of all the injuries. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's not true about Kotwica. He led the STs out of the dead sea to respectable and then very good. What people forget is that when there are injuries, yes the O and D get hit, but STs takes it the hardest. They lose players from both sides. They are the first unit to have to integrate players off the street.  

Here are the rankings per Football Insiders: 

2014 - 29th - 1st season 

2015 - 6th 

2016 - 13th 

2017 - 22nd (Injuries, but mostly Tress Way having a very bad year - but he stuck with Way and you could argue he was our MVP this yr)

2018 - 8th

Saying he did nothing till this year is just not true. He did a phenomenal job considering what he had to work with, especially the impact of all the injuries. 

Ben Kotwica wasn’t the reason Tress Way was great this year.  Our punt return game was still awful. We didn’t block any PAT or kicks.  I don’t think the coach made any meaningful contribution and if you average out his teams over the five years right in the middle just like the redskins mediocre. Truly nothing special.

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Gregg Williams has been relieved of his duties in Cleveland, if the redskins are smart they’ll hire him to run this defense. PLEASE!! Anybody but manusky. 

While better than Manusky, this year the Browns defense was ranked #30 (as far as yards allowed per game), #21 in PPG allowed, #6 in total penalties committed, #11 in total yards penalized.  They had a total of 17 INTs to our 15 INTs but only 37 sacks to our 46.  Which makes sense, as it was pointed out in the coaching hot seat thread in the ATN that Gregg's defense relies heavily on a strong secondary, which we do not have.  We are stout on the d-line.  

I would rather us go after someone else.  Also, considering it was rumored that he would be the most likely candidate for head coach when Gibbs left and instead got fired by Snyder, I seriously doubt he would want to even work for Snyder again, even if the defensive personnel fit his scheme, which it doesn't.  

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The guy that Kotwica replaces in Atlanta is Keith Armstrong, who was their ST coach for 10 years, and last year his unit was ranked only 2 slots below ours.

Wonder if swapping for him is a possibility.

He's currently interviewing for the same position with the Bills.

Believe i just Saw on twitter that Keith Armstrong has been hired by someone already. Tampa Bay i think. 

Over the next two weeks we’ll watch everyone get hired by other teams, including people who are leaving our team. 

Redskins park will say “we’re working on things we’ll make announcements when the details are finalized”

and were going to be left with jim zorn 2.0

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Over the next two weeks we’ll watch everyone get hired by other teams, including people who are leaving our team. 

Redskins park will say “we’re working on things we’ll make announcements when the details are finalized”

and were going to be left with jim zorn 2.0

Hate to tell you this, but that already happened. His name is Jay. 6-3 to 1-6.

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Hate to tell you this, but that already happened. His name is Jay. 6-3 to 1-6.

Hah yeah but jay is not zorn

and I imagine jay is staying

im just imagining him being surrounded by a bunch of Jim zorns next year. The pressers will be awesome. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hah yeah but jay is not zorn

and I imagine jay is staying

im just imagining him being surrounded by a bunch of Jim zorns next year. The pressers will be awesome. 

Jay may be more of a coach than Zorn, but in his current state he’s just as effective. He’s phoning it in until he can get fired and go get a coordinator spot at a real franchise. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's official because he probably leaked the story himself. I mean, considering he's known for leaks.

It's the right move. Because Ben had to go...he really. had. to go.

1024-ben-kotwica-pee-sidelines-cup-redsk

Another (yellow) stain on the franchise. 

Archived