Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nice! Hopefully he stays a Nat for life and can make the HoF.  

Man how special would that be... first top draft pick. His magical debut (I was there). Heartbreaking TJS. Watching him mature into a legitimate pitcher, seeing him dominate in the playoffs. World Series MVP. 

Statue time.

Just now, Forehead said:

I'm happy to see this, for sure, though if I had to pick one of the two, I would have rather had Rendon.  Everyday player being more valuable and all.  Really hoping Lerner's thing about not being able to afford both was a smokescreen.

They could own this town for years to come. Just open that bad boy up a little bit more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Man how special would that be... first top draft pick. His magical debut (I was there). Heartbreaking TJS. Watching him mature into a legitimate pitcher, seeing him dominate in the playoffs. World Series MVP. 

He needs to stay healthy and string together some dominant years, lead the league in a few more categories, maybe take home a CYN.  That's a lot, but that dude can do it.  And voters seem to place a premium on postseason exploits, and Strasburg is one of the best postseason pitchers ever.  I think he can get there.

• Like 1