Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

36 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I'm happy to see this, for sure, though if I had to pick one of the two, I would have rather had Rendon.  Everyday player being more valuable and all.  Really hoping Lerner's thing about not being able to afford both was a smokescreen.

Here's hoping that's the case.  They can't afford to have a hole at 3rd base.  If you ask me, Rendon was the MVP of the WS over Strasburg.  Pitching is definitely important, but it doesn't drive in runs like Rendon did

Edited by SAli457180

I love this.  Stras's career will be (already is) one of the most fascinating and wonderful baseball stories.  Such a phenom, then the injuries and shutdown, and an undeserved sense of disappointment... then to become a dominant pitcher and world series hero and stay with one franchise?  This is poetic, wonderful stuff.  I am thrilled.  

I still want Rendon back.  Tomorrow!

Edited by bcl05
  • Like 5

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Here's hoping that's the case.  They can't afford to have a hole at 3rd base.  If you ask me, Rendon was the MVP of the WS over Strasburg.  Pitching is definitely important, but it doesn't drive in runs

Soto would have been my alternate pick:

1.178 OPS, .42 WPA (win probability added)

Rendon:

.938 OPS, .20 WPA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Here's hoping that's the case.  They can't afford to have a hole at 3rd base.  If you ask me, Rendon was the MVP of the WS over Strasburg.  Pitching is definitely important, but it doesn't drive in runs like Rendon did

If you ask me, Soto was MVP of the WS if it wasn’t Stras.  But to hell with all that!  Stras is truly entering his prime.  Every time he took the hill in the postseason he was MONEY & you never doubted him.

• Like 1

I obviously want both Rendon and Stras back, but I think Stras is harder to replace.  We have Kieboom coming for 2020, and there are good FA 3B's out there.  So I'm glad Stras is back first...

That said, please bring back Tony! 

• Like 4

I always felt that Rendon was going to leave in free agency.  Especially if the Nats would have lost in the WC game or NLDS.  It just always seemed he had one foot out of the door to head back west.  Sometimes though, championships and great dugouts can change that.  If Stras accepting deferred money helps the Nats chances of actually affording Rendon maybe, just maybe! But I wouldn’t bank on that happening!  But where will he end up??  Texas?  That is very close to his hometown (4 hour drive) and they are opening a new stadium, maybe sell him on being the foundational piece towards building for a championship.  I don’t know tho.  Does he want to go back home bad enough to join a rebuild??  Philly?  I can’t imagine him wanting anything to do with that market.  He might not even like Bryce Harper at all lol Who else?  Dodgers?  Possible since they are elite organization with good track record of success over the last few years.  But something tells me his heart is in DC.  Just can we afford him?  Soto is going to make insane money in the next few years, still have to think about Turner getting $$

Edited by -JB-

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Finally, I check the thread and I am not disappoint.

Please do Rendon next.

I dont think they are going to be able too in all honesty. I probably would have preferred Rendon to Strasburg. But I am just glad they got one of them back. Losing them both would have been catastrophic. It appears Rendon is heading to either LA or TX. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think they are going to be able too in all honesty. I probably would have preferred Rendon to Strasburg. But I am just glad they got one of them back. Losing them both would have been catastrophic. It appears Rendon is heading to either LA or TX. 

I figure.

Its kinda a bummer that they get all of these great players only to watch them leave for bigger markets.  I want a dynasty, not just a one and done World Series win.  Losing Rendon would hurt more than losing Harper in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I just don't see him going to LA. Besides the higher taxes, I don't think he wants that type of attention. Texas? Sure, I can see that. New stadium & new star. 

• Like 1