Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

11 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

WS tickets are going to be incredibly expensive here....I don't know if the bandwagon Yankee fans around here will want to pony up that type of cash

I’m a diehard DC fan and I don’t think I can pony that up even a once in lifetime experience ... Maybe if I got connections to get it a bit cheaper but otherwise really no chance. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m a diehard DC fan and I don’t think I can pony that up even a once in lifetime experience ... Maybe if I got connections to get it a bit cheaper but otherwise really no chance. 

How much are the nose bleeds going for?

37 minutes ago, tshile said:

I decided caps cup tickets were too expensive. 

i regret that. 

not sure I can afford World Series tickets, but if I can I will go. 

I am going to a game. Period. I dont care what it costs. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Obviously I hope its not. But I am going to one of the games.

• Like 4

To my dugout hoodie homies...

Modells in Bethesda has em in stock. I just grabbed one they got a shipment this morning. They only have the red ones.  They have a decent amount still, not sure if they have more in the back.

They run big. My other hoodies are xl but this one I got a large. It’s also thinner than I expected but should be perfect for tonight.

for $80 the quality seems a bit cheaper than I expected. But I’m a damn homer mark.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, tshile said:

I decided caps cup tickets were too expensive. 

i regret that. 

not sure I can afford World Series tickets, but if I can I will go. 

A very simple solution.  @PleaseBlitz takes you to game 3 and takes me to game 4.  Takes both of us to game 5, if necessary.  Thanks PB!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@purbeast My man 👊.

Large/XL will do just fine.

I could have gone with XL but it was too baggy around the waste.  I have an athletic build with broad shoulders so I gotta try everything on.  It fit up top but just not elsewhere, and the sleeves were pretty baggy too.

Also just in case anyone wondering, before I went there, I called the team store at Nats park and they said they do NOT have the dugout hoodies.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Right now the estimate is 800 ish starting.  I love my teams but man I got bills and got to eat too.

On StubHub?  I had a mini-season ticket plan, so I believe I get priority access.  I certainly hope they aren't that much.  

Edit:  Plus I did SRO tickets last night, they were only $134.  I found a pretty awesome spot with easy access to a beer vendor and a bathroom. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

On StubHub?  I had a mini-season ticket plan, so I believe I get priority access.  I certainly hope they aren't that much.  

Edit:  Plus I did SRO tickets last night, they were only $134.  I found a pretty awesome spot with easy access to a beer vendor and a bathroom. 

Is that your first experience with SRO?  I'm curious to hear about it if so.  I was debating that for tonight's game for $144 after fees but we opted to get seats for $184 since we were all a bit skeptical about it.  

But, I may hit up SRO for WS if they were to make it, for $$$ reasons.

1) lets chill with the WS talk until after we win tonight :)

2) i may have to fly in from california to go to a game if we make it, so screw all yall who live right next to the stadium and dont want to go (just kidding). but i keep telling myself, how often does this happen to us? i promised myself like 10 years ago id go to the "finals" if any DC sports team made it, but then was on my honeymoon during the stanley cup finals. i'll never forgive myself for getting married

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I paid for my son and I to go to New York a couple weeks ago to watch the Redskins.  Kicking myself now as Id love to be flying out to DC today for tonights game.  Have never been a big baseball fan - watch a little bit of the playoffs but Im totally caught up with this team and can't get enough.  

Was at one of the CAPS play off games and it was fantastic.  Ive given up hoping for that with the Skins.

I imagine the park will be very electric tonight.  If I lived in the area Id beg steel or borrow to go to tonights game.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Is that your first experience with SRO?  I'm curious to hear about it if so.  I was debating that for tonight's game for $144 after fees but we opted to get seats for $184 since we were all a bit skeptical about it.  

But, I may hit up SRO for WS if they were to make it, for $$$ reasons.

It was the first time I did SRO.  It was a good experience overall.  I went with some work friends, there were 5 of us.  I really wanted to get there when the gates opened and run to the Bud Light Loft and watch from there, but 2 of our group could not get out of work early enough.  Instead of going in separately, the other 3 of us instead went to Walters to wait for them, which I had never been to before and is great (except for the Caps getting demolished).  We went in about 6:00.  Tried the Bud Light Loft but it was packed, so we went to the Devils Backbone Left Field Lodge in the upper deck in left field.  That was okay, but on our way there we scoped out a few other good options and ended up watching the entire game from the top of section 203.  It was pretty great because there was a long high table to put beers and food on (but no chairs), and it was easy access to a beer stand, a bathroom, and Old Hickory BBQ.  The sight line was pretty great, you can see the picture I posted last night, and the scoreboard was directly in front of us.  I'd do it again.  

The only real drawbacks were standing the entire time (but I was ****ing amped up and didn't really notice) and the fact that we were behind one row of accessible seating, which just means for old people that can't navigate stairs (or claim to not be able to in order to get those seats).  The issue wasn't being behind them, the issue was that an old lady saw me with 2 of the 26oz beers and she took one and gave it to a Cardinals fan.  She was very old and I was too happy to punch out an old lady.  The Cardinals fan tried to give it back, but i took pity on him and let him have it.  He was actually super nice.  He did not, however, buy the next round, possibly because I said some not-so-nice things about Yadi throughout the course of the game and where Juan Soto should direct his crotch grabs. :)

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

ended up watching the entire game from the top of section 203.  It was pretty great because there was a long high table to put beers and food on (but no chairs), and it was easy access to a beer stand, a bathroom, and Old Hickory BBQ.  The sight line was pretty great, you can see the picture I posted last night, and the scoreboard was directly in front of us.  I'd do it again.  

That actually sounds like the best possible option ... closer to beer, bathrooms, etc like you said, great view, and dont have to worry about people telling you to sit down