Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently Nicholson was arrested for a DUI in 2017, though not clear if it was before or after we drafted him. Could land him in the NFL’s substance abuse program. 

So either we didn't properly do the background check or we helped bury the story. It just keeps getting worse. 

One of my closest friends is.....uh....let's just say he is in the building of Montae's lady's employer a lot.  He knows a lot of the DC area athletes by virtue of his job.  Specifically has talked to me about Montae several times this season.  The following is what he says her explanation was.

"She was in the car honking the horn trying to get montae to come out of the bar. This other couple thinks she's honking at them and they come up to her and start ****. Then montae comes out and gets in the guys face like wtf you doing talking to my girl like that. Dude spits on his face and then gets the beat down of his life. She ****s the girl up with a pellegrino bottle "

"I'm pretty sure she was talking **** when the couple went to her because she's a little lippy and sassy so she wasn't deescalating ****"

"Yep she got an ankle bracelet now here too lol"

Frankly I think that all makes perfect sense.  These two are not very bright.  

But hey, we'll always have that INT against the Raiders.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:57 PM, skinzdar55 said:

I don’t believe in curses, but ****ing hell! At some point, you have believe there is more than just bad luck at work when it comes to the last 25 years of this franchise!

On 12/18/2018 at 3:30 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is where I am.  I started believing in a Redskins curse a few weeks ago.  

No other way to explain how things (and people) continue to go wrong for this franchise.

Same here. When Colt broke his leg, I became a true believer.

17 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

One of my closest friends is.....uh....let's just say he is in the building of Montae's lady's employer a lot.  He knows a lot of the DC area athletes by virtue of his job.  Specifically has talked to me about Montae several times this season.  The following is what he says her explanation was.

"She was in the car honking the horn trying to get montae to come out of the bar. This other couple thinks she's honking at them and they come up to her and start ****. Then montae comes out and gets in the guys face like wtf you doing talking to my girl like that. Dude spits on his face and then gets the beat down of his life. She ****s the girl up with a pellegrino bottle "

"I'm pretty sure she was talking **** when the couple went to her because she's a little lippy and sassy so she wasn't deescalating ****"

"Yep she got an ankle bracelet now here too lol"

Frankly I think that all makes perfect sense.  These two are not very bright.  

But hey, we'll always have that INT against the Raiders.

Sounds possible, but it's only the one side of the story that tries to justify what happened. 

The way I see it there are still many strikes with what happened: 

- Even if the other guy is at fault he had no restraint. He represents more than just his own person. 

- His girlfriend appears to be a stripper. Not sure of the exact stats on how many strippers turn into positive influences of pro athletes. 

- It sounds like he had a few drinks in him when he drove up. After reading about the other DUI it's a history of bad decisions. Sure he's young, but he's also not good enough for any team to look bad while he's learning his way. 

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

He's still on the commissioners naughty list. It would not surprise me if he is suspended, even though the charges were dropped.

You are of course right it's a possibility. But lately the Commissioner seems a little more reluctant to give suspensions for guys cleared by the law. I think they took a pretty big beating on E Elliott - but in fairness there was at least a video that showed him being a dumbass. 

I see a very good chance he escapes any suspension. 

42 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

He's still on the commissioners naughty list. It would not surprise me if he gets suspended, even though the charges were dropped. A-la Kareem Hunt. Hunt is suspended 8 games even though no charges were filed.

Ahhhh true..and we're the Redskins soooo I imagine it will be a suspension for the whole season

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Yeah that sucks. I’m sorry, but I’m not that high on Montae anyway.

Nicholson will be a stud this year......Year 1 he was Sean Taylor-physical and suffered quite a few injuries because of it.....Year 2 he became an ankle tackler and struggled in coverage as well.  I think he puts it all together this year and I think this secondary is going to be dominant.

6 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

He's still on the commissioners naughty list. It would not surprise me if he gets suspended, even though the charges were dropped. A-la Kareem Hunt. Hunt is suspended 8 games even though no charges were filed.

If we use the Reuben Foster case as precedent, I don't see any way they can justify applying NFL discipline to him.

Hunt's case is quite different.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we use the Reuben Foster case as precedent, I don't see any way they can justify applying NFL discipline to him.

Yep good point. My fingers are crossed.

Whatever one thinks about Montae, it can't hurt to have him in camp to compete.

Montae seemed a favourite of Grudens. Yeh, I could live with him getting a fair go at FS again, but can't help think we need to add a vet to the group, probably Boston given the dearth of talent.

Unless Berry somehow wakes from the dead I guess.

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, Reuben Foster was on the commissioners exempt list to end the season for several games, so that could be a factor in the decision to not suspend.  Montae missed some too, but was it without pay or just injured?  I don't remember.

Also, I thought someone misspelled Montez in the thread and freaked out about Sweat.  Glad it was just an old bump...  phew.

Not a great highlight video, but if anyone needs a reminder about what he looks like when he's playing well...

His best game was the Raiders game, and if you heard Cooley or anyone else break it down, he baited Carr into that first pick. He's a true FS and his ability to play centerfield with speed, range, and aggression is the perfect compliment to Landon Collins. If he improves his tackling form, and doesn't knock himself out every time, we'll be sitting pretty.

As we know, Gruden is very honest with his thoughts, and summer of last year he said Montae was the Jordan Reed of the defense. Meaning, if he's available, his talent is at a level that can elevate everyone around him. It's his job to lose. 

Archived