Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

24 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You guys missed a critical part of my post, the one at the end that read "if all this is true".  I was basing my opinion on the info at hand at the time that said he left immediately after the family arrived. I don't feel I need to defend the opinion that it would have been wrong to leave instead of staying and actually showing concern over a person you had a relationship with who was dying.  

Of course the opinions would be much different, if it was somehow found that Montae & Co had drugged her, or if she had been found to have died hours before.  But none of that appears to even be true, so why throw hypothetical judgments and further commit to them, when the facts of the case don't support them?  

Pretty sure Montae's reps/lawyers/whoever advised him to get the hell outta dodge.  Talking to the family does no good, for anyone, at this point.  Talking to the police without representation is no bueno as well.  Anything he says without the guidance of his legal representation opens him up to civil litigation.  

I'm not asking you to defend a hypothetical position found to not be based on reality.  But recognize it as such.  I haven't heard one kudos from you, for him staying longer than a lot of other people would've.  If you're still unhappy with his actions (what REALLY occurred, not your perception), you should probably be asking yourself why.  Should he have slept in the hospital (understanding he probably got no sleep the night of, and that he had practice in the morning)? Should he have offered to make coffee runs for the family? 

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not sure if this has been covered yet or not...

So why didn't he call 911? Why take her to the hospital himself? Guess he didn't want the cops showing up at his house with drugs all over the place?

Would've been paramedics anyways.  Sure they could've said they smelled marijuana (if there was any), but I seriously doubt Montae was running an opium den.  

14 minutes ago, megared said:

Would've been paramedics anyways.  Sure they could've said they smelled marijuana (if there was any), but I seriously doubt Montae was running an opium den.  

Not saying running a den of any sort. If the paramedics show up and she is dead then that turns into a homicide/crime scene. So the cops would have been called. Just something to ponder on I guess. 

Just now, zskins said:

Not saying running a den of any sort. If the paramedics show up and she is dead then that turns into a homicide/crime scene. So the cops would have been called. Just something to ponder on I guess. 

I was being facetious.  You're probably right.  I assumed that the panicked state they were in, led them to want to get her help ASAP.  

34 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not sure if this has been covered yet or not...

So why didn't he call 911? Why take her to the hospital himself? Guess he didn't want the cops showing up at his house with drugs all over the place?

That's what it sounds like to me, at same time it sounds like the family is blaming him for this, so I dont know how long I would've expected him to stay after she died.  They likely focused on getting her the hospital and went back to the house to get rid of whatever she used.  It doesnt matter if it's his or hers, hed get in trouble if they found that in the house. 

Some of ya'll with the extra insinuation (drugs all over his place, yada yada) need to stop watchin so much damn tv and get off the drugs yourself. Always sittin on the porch talking about what you would have done in a situation. You probably wouldn't be in a situation because you don't do ****. So quick to blame.

The chick did Heroin!!! What part of that don't you understand? **** all the reaction and what you would have done if you were in the situation ****. Again, if she doesn't do drugs she does not die. Put it another way...she is alive today if she does not do Heroin.

All this that and a third about blaming Montae, the culture with the Redskins is great comment, is all sheep **** narrative to tag onto. Its separate.

You don't know what happened and you probably never will. But what you do know is somebody did heroin and somebody died.

21 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

. Always sittin on the porch talking about what you would have done in a situation. You probably wouldn't be in a situation because you don't do ****. So quick to blame.

I have a 14 year old daughter, and we have had the conversation about how dangerous it can be to even be around others who are using drugs, because of the trouble she could be in if someone gets hurt or the police show up...even if she isn't doing something illegal herself.  She acted frustrated during the talk, because even a child already knows this.

maybe I was out of line having that talk with her.  Thanks for opening up my eyes.

17 hours ago, megared said:

Of course the opinions would be much different, if it was somehow found that Montae & Co had drugged her, or if she had been found to have died hours before.  But none of that appears to even be true, so why throw hypothetical judgments and further commit to them, when the facts of the case don't support them?  

Pretty sure Montae's reps/lawyers/whoever advised him to get the hell outta dodge.  Talking to the family does no good, for anyone, at this point.  Talking to the police without representation is no bueno as well.  Anything he says without the guidance of his legal representation opens him up to civil litigation.  

I'm not asking you to defend a hypothetical position found to not be based on reality.  But recognize it as such.  I haven't heard one kudos from you, for him staying longer than a lot of other people would've.  If you're still unhappy with his actions (what REALLY occurred, not your perception), you should probably be asking yourself why.  Should he have slept in the hospital (understanding he probably got no sleep the night of, and that he had practice in the morning)? Should he have offered to make coffee runs for the family? 

Again I should not have to defend the position that it was wrong to bolt as soon as your relief appeared instead of staying to actually show concern over the person you had a relationship with lay dying.  And again that opinion was based on the information I had at the time with the very clear qualifier "if this is true".  You are basing your position entirely on a tweet by his friend who was there at the time, we have no idea if this timeline is true or if he is trying to take the heat off his friend.  So you  REALLY do not know exactly what happened any more than I or anyone else does.

If that was your sister me thinks you would share my opinion which again was based on the info I had at the time.  You would also be pissed if he wasted valuable time calling you instead of rushing her to the hospital or calling 911  I would think.  So not sure why you are defending him so much, there is a reason the family is pissed at him.   

Does anyone here scream foul when a player goes out to play after their mother, wife, brother, or friend dies? Did anyone say the Redskins shouldn't play after ST died? Oh I know, maybe Montae should have stayed the night. Maybe get caught by TMZ crying next to her gurney. Would that satisfy your issues? What about if the parents were caught by TMZ or Twitter arguing about who's fault it was that their daughter was on heroin? Would that clear Montae of any wrong doing? What if, what if, what if....

What you really want is some dramatic **** to go down. Something you can see. Something you can talk about. Something to point the finger at and say see, I blame....

Fact: There is nothing you can say outside of the girl should not have done drugs.

18 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again I should not have to defend the position that it was wrong to bolt as soon as your relief appeared instead of staying to actually show concern over the person you had a relationship with lay dying.  And again that opinion was based on the information I had at the time with the very clear qualifier "if this is true".  You are basing your position entirely on a tweet by his friend who was there at the time, we have no idea if this timeline is true or if he is trying to take the heat off his friend.  So you  REALLY do not know exactly what happened any more than I or anyone else does.

If that was your sister me thinks you would share my opinion which again was based on the info I had at the time.  You would also be pissed if he wasted valuable time calling you instead of rushing her to the hospital or calling 911  I would think.  So not sure why you are defending him so much, there is a reason the family is pissed at him.   

I'd be more pissed that she did heroin. Heroin that the parents found in her room btw. The valuable time was all the time she spent doing drugs. Most people that know people with heroin problems know. Particularly family members. Just saying. What about that valuable time?

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Does anyone here scream foul when a player goes out to play after their mother, wife, brother, or friend dies? Did anyone say the Redskins shouldn't play after ST died? Oh I know, maybe Montae should have stayed the night. Maybe get caught by TMZ crying next to her gurney. Would that satisfy your issues? What about if the parents were caught by TMZ or Twitter arguing about who's fault it was that their daughter was on heroin? Would that clear Montae of any wrong doing? What if, what if, what if....

What you really want is some dramatic **** to go down. Something you can see. Something you can talk about. Something to point the finger at and say see, I blame....

Fact: There is nothing you can say outside of the girl should not have done drugs.

Fact 1- We don’t know the full story yet

Fact 2- the culture is damn good 

24 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Fact. The last two replies are indicative of the sheep **** I holler about all the time.

I’m glad you admitted it’s all the time, because I was going to tell you it’s gotten to the level of trolling behavior. You call people sheep in almost every post you make. It’s not going to fly here anymore. State your views and leave it at that. 

12. No trolling. Beware of making baiting posts.
Do not post comments that are fundamentally inflammatory, or of little substantive content, or of some broadly insulting nature that serve primarily to incite your fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls come in many forms and will be identified and censured at the discretion of the ES Staff. We are seeking a better level of conversation than just habitual drive-bys, being simplistically insulting, or gratuitously flaming various well-established points of view regardless of how strongly they may differ from yours.

This isn’t an invitation to discuss here.   Any questions or concerns you can PM me or take it to the Feedback Forum. 

3 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Brett Farve's father died and he played the next day on MNF. 

For some people football is the only way they know how to cope. You invest so much of your mind into the game that it's the easiest way to distract yourself. 

Once they do the autopsy they will know better about the drugs found in Monte's home from the search warrant which was made public today.

Team 980 radio this evening is making fun of the Redskins by ignoring the Montae situation and joking that they need him to play against the Lions because 

they have good receivers.

Archived