Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

18 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

lol the gofundme is at 20 mil.

Update. These mofos going to build the wall on their own.

This team has spent countless hours over the holidays reviewing all issues pertaining to the construction of a southern border wall. Unanimously, we have all come to the conclusion that:
1. The federal government won’t be able to accept our donations anytime soon.
2. We are better equipped than our own government to use the donated funds to build an actual wall on the southern border.

3. Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.
4. Our team strongly believes that we can complete our segments of the wall for less than half of the government’s estimated costs on a per mile basis.
To show the government how “We the People” can get this done, we have formed a Section 501(c)(4) non-profit Florida Corporation named “We Build the Wall, Inc.” to receive the GoFundMe contributions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3. Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.

On what land?  Federal land (which private citizens can't built on) or private land (which is owned by other people and these crackpots can't build on).

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

On what land?  Federal land (which private citizens can't built on) or private land (which is owned by other people and these crackpots can't build on).

And did they also design a prototype wall of their own or are they clear to use the one that Trump picked that was presumably designed by a specific contractor?  (why does the wall require a prototype anyway, aren't walls well known and understood by this point?  Can't we just pick one that's already proven reliable?)

I think Trump should pay me 1 billion to give him my idea of declaring the border a drone testing corridor.  Relax, no live ammunition is included as part of my brilliant strategy that is not at all inspired by watching various star wars movies on netflix.  I want every type of human tracking drone authorized contractors can dream up roaming the border.  I'm not just talking the flying kind either.  Wheels, two legs, four legs, hell eight legged spider drones too, why not?  I want all kinds and that includes stealth models.  Is that cactus following you?  It just might be.  Was that rock there a minute ago?  Maybe not.  I want Coyotes transporting low grade illegal weed to come out of the experience with a deep and unshakable feeling of paranoia. 

Oh, and I want contractors to pay for the privilege of testing their drones on federal land... because you know, freedom isn't free. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Apparently the 5 billion only pays for 215 miles worth of wall (the mileage figure includes repair of existing fencing as part of the 215).  Presumably, they'd avoid the headache involved with taking of private land and just pick 215 miles from federal land or land owned by willing landowners.  I can't believe the paltry mileage total isn't getting more play on the media.  So there is such a crisis so as to justify shutting down the government, but the project will only wall or fence 215 miles, some of which is already fenced?  Wasn't the entire selling point that if you wall only selective portion of the border, the criminals will just circumvent the wall or fence?  What the hell is the point of this fight?

If you vote for back-pay why not reopen the government? Or is this needed for banks and credit unions to continue to advance Fed paychecks?

Feds are at risk of being fired for "inefficiency of the service". Approving back pay yet closing the doors seems so backwards to "efficiency of the service" standard.

When will Congress get to the "lets do it without Trump" stage of this? They should have been there when he said Bye-Bye at the negotiations this week. He wasted a week of negotiations...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Apparently the 5 billion only pays for 215 miles worth of wall (the mileage figure includes repair of existing fencing as part of the 215).  Presumably, they'd avoid the headache involved with taking of private land and just pick 215 miles from federal land or land owned by willing landowners.  I can't believe the paltry mileage total isn't getting more play on the media.  So there is such a crisis so as to justify shutting down the government, but the project will only wall or fence 215 miles, some of which is already fenced?  Wasn't the entire selling point that if you wall only selective portion of the border, the criminals will just circumvent the wall or fence?  What the hell is the point of this fight?

Private citizens can't build on federal land. As far as willing landowners, I am pretty skeptical that anyone would be like, sure, strangers, come build a wall on my land (that ends at my property lines, which are a few dozen meters apart. 

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

When will Congress get to the "lets do it without Trump" stage of this? They should have been there when he said Bye-Bye at the negotiations this week. He wasted a week of negotiations...

Republicans more scared of Trump than doing the right thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Private citizens can't build on federal land. As far as willing landowners, I am pretty skeptical that anyone would be like, sure, strangers, come build a wall on my land (that ends at my property lines, which are a few dozen meters apart. 

My bad, I thought the list was Trump admin's release.  Didn't see the string of posts in context.

• Like 1

Trump is such a policy neophyte, especially Presidential policy. He has weak connections to Congress at all levels and doesn't understand how Washington politics works. He is screwing GOP on this shutdown, because he can't get what he wants. Traditional Washington politician says, "OK -- its obvious I can't force my policy ideal, but what can I get that is more in tune with my policy." More border security money! And they push for something in line for their policy and call it win.

McConnell's soundbite about not sending anything to Trump's desk until he signs it is a cry for Trump to figure out what Trump wants.

The first GOPer to back off on wall or $5.7B will get pillored for "weak on the border", and it will come from Trump. He hasn't signalled to them what he is going to do. This is the point of things like, "Invite Trump to weekly Senate GOP lunch on Wednesday". Its not just a "rah rah hang in their" type of deal. He could have gone in there and said, "Look, I know Nancy won't give me the wall -- let's try to get a bigger number (like a yuge number) on border security, and I'll be okay with that. Let's move on to other policy." And behind the scenes he could work with DHS experts on a wish list outside of "wall".

The wall shutdown is a wedge issue and its a wedge into the GOP. Every political talkshow should ask their GOP politicians or spokespeople, "Why didn't you fund the wall when you controlled the House?" Over and over and over again.

Oh the Debt Ceiling will be so much fun... especially with Tea Party folks in the White House.