Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

DC has been... bad. And a lot of that is on Cardale Jones. The last two weeks he’s looked disinterested. And in the early going this week he looks ineffective.

That said, Kenny Robinson is a draft prospect for the NFL Draft. I wouldn’t mind him in the B&G

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

DC has been... bad. And a lot of that is on Cardale Jones. The last two weeks he’s looked disinterested. And in the early going this week he looks ineffective.

That said, Kenny Robinson is a draft prospect for the NFL Draft. I wouldn’t mind him in the B&G

New QB in, seems to have given the team a spark.

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yep, I only have room in the heart for one terrible DC football team.

Wouldn't be too bad if they could at least be mediocre.

24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Leading atm. Close game

They are leading, but it's just not really very entertaining.  I've had it on most of the game and it's 12-6, with 4 field goals and a TD.  And at least one missed FG.  

The stadium is noticeably not as full as it was the first 2 weeks and the weather is much nicer today.  

I hope it does well for their sake but it definitely seems like interest has dwindling as a whole and the product isn't very exciting to watch currently.  I mean they are hyping up the beer snake in the stands because the game isn't even that interesting.

• Like 1

I’m in Norfolk so heading up there I would need to plan.: maybe if they make the paloffs?

Also. Almost forgot what I can in here to complain about. Next game isn’t into 9pm. I’m drinking now. Not at 9 o’clock. WTF xfl... now I’m stuck watching preseason baseball. And I don’t even watch regular season baseball... and the are talking about the weather.. literally the worst small talk. Kill me now. Wtf xfl.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

The stadium is noticeably not as full as it was the first 2 weeks and the weather is much nicer today.  

Announced attendance was somewhere north of 16K, which is in between the first week (17K) and second week (15K).

But yeah, agree that it wasn't an entertaining game to watch. I still think its too soon after the Super Bowl......I personally need a break after the NFL season. But I guess if you make it too much later, you are either going to conflict with the NBA/NHL playoffs, or you're playing in hot weather.  I did read something that the NBA is considering making their season more like December thru August. 

The timing is perfect. They can't schedule it anytime else. Summer too hot. Not fall. Late winter to spring is good. 

Attendance is fine. It was empty early but there was a late arriving crowd. One thing though you won't see tailgates there. 

IMG_20200308_165036.jpg

IMG_20200308_145825.jpg

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The timing is perfect. They can't schedule it anytime else. Summer too hot. Not fall. Late winter to spring is good.   

They can't really schedule much later than they have.  Otherwise it runs into NBA, NHL playoffs and start of baseball season.   Yes, there's March Madness but you can't wait for that to end because it makes the problem worse.

Also, a substantial chunk of their talent pool, is coming from marginal NFL players.  NFL minicamps start in mid-May.  They could convince guys who might sign NFL reserve/future contracts, to play for the XFL instead (the XFL at least pays them - most NFL reserve/futures contracts get zero).  They would then they still have a reasonable shot at the NFL.  But you don't want to make players choose between the NFL and the XFL. 

I was just mentioning it in a thread in the Stadium, but if I'm an exec in the XFL, I'd be very worried right now. With the NBA suspending its season, a lot of leagues could be following suit. The XFL could benefit by being one of the only leagues still operating and getting exclusive TV time, but they'd also be opening themselves up to heavy risks for pushing the games while putting players at risk. At a time when they need fans and games to get a following going, this coronavirus really couldn't have happened at a worse time for the XFL.

XFL 2.0 is so done!

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/03/xfl-cancels-rest-of-season-due-to-covid-19-667754/

The relaunched XFL did not get a chance to finish its season. Despite ratings declining, that was not what did it in.

The league joined much of the sports world as it suspended play after five weeks. This is due to the coronavirus that is currently spreading around the world. Several states have banned more than 250 people from showing up to arenas around the country.

The XFL provided a statement that assured that players will be paid their base salary, while also including benefits. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit towards future games. The league added that they planned to return in 2021.

Edited by spjunkies