Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Woah. His knee was up when the Guardian touched him.

She has no idea what she’s doing.

This is what the league DOESN’T need.

I missed a lot of that fumble return, couldn't tell what was happening.  Did he get touched then his knee went down?  Cause I've seen things where a guy gets touched then like dives forward hits the ground and he's down there without current contact

1 minute ago, carex said:

I missed a lot of that fumble return, couldn't tell what was happening.  Did he get touched then his knee went down?  Cause I've seen things where a guy gets touched then like dives forward hits the ground and he's down there without current contact

Its possible that happened and I missed it. What I saw was towards the end. His knee came up then got touched. But if he got touched first that makes sense. 

17 minutes ago, carex said:

has the interest already fallen off?  It was a good game last week

nah, I’m not home... tuning in when I get home at 3...

I think they should air the Saturday games like the nfl does.. 3 and 6 then 1 and 4 on Sunday. I know they are trying to be different but nothin wrong with stickin with what works..

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

The Guardians stink.

The Defenders are playing ridiculously well. McGloin is pressing because he feels the flow of the game. That was a really, really bad pass. 

Im interested to see Dallas with Landry Jones. 

• Like 1

McGloin is so frustrated. It’s definitely entertaining.

26 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Cardale Jones is doing a great job auditioning for an NFL backup job. Playing against losers help makes him look better, but he's looked accurate both games.

I will say, though, this game is dull. DC has been cruising through both games.

Playing against “losers”? This is a poor take.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McGloin is so frustrated. It’s definitely entertaining.

Playing against “losers”? This is a poor take.

Most of the XFL is a league of Has-Beens and Never-Were's. So I take it back, they aren't losers. They'd have to have played to get the chance to be losers.

I like another football league as much as the next one, but NFL caliber players, the majority of these people are not. Cardale Jones out-dueling Matt McGloin is the stuff of LEGENDS :rofl89:

Edited by NickyJ

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Most of the XFL is a league of Has-Beens and Never-Were's. So I take it back, they aren't losers. They'd have to have played to get the chance to be losers.

I like another football league as much as the next one, but NFL caliber players, the majority of these people are not. Cardale Jones out-dueling Matt McGloin is the stuff of LEGENDS :rofl89:

who has said any of that?

Losers is a strange take. These are excellent football players. They sit in the 40-cut range on a NFL roster.

They aren’t the absolute best. If they were, they’d be playing in the NFL. 

But losers? That’s harsh.

I don’t understand what people think a league like this or the AAF was going to be. Of course it’s not top of the line. But these guys were among the best players on their collegiate teams. Only beaten out by the guys on NFL rosters. 

Do you consider college players losers, too? Guys who play and don’t make it to the next level?

Its just a strange take.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

nice, every time the Guardians start to do something the Defenders get a turnover

Just now, KDawg said:

Losers is a strange take. These are excellent football players. They sit in the 40-cut range on a NFL roster.

I don’t understand what people think a league like this or the AAF was going to be. Of course it’s not top of the line. But these guys were among the best players on their collegiate teams. Only beaten out by the guys on NFL rosters. 

Do you consider college players losers, too? Guys who play and don’t make it to the next level?

Its just a strange take.

it seems to be one I've heard before in regards to second pro leagues.  It's like they're considered worse than college teams.  Maybe most people who think that don't actually watch college ball, or maybe roster limits colleges don't seem to have are why

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Its just a strange take.

It's not a strange take at all. To win a roster spot in the NFL, you have to "win it". If you are benched or cut from the team, you "lose" that roster spot. We are watching people who "lost" their NFL positions. Do you think Matt McGloin is a winner? What about the CB who dropped the easy interception in the first half? (One that fans would call ours DBs losers for dropping too). Cardale Jones is on his 4th team after getting traded and cut from 3 other teams. At what point would you consider that a winning, successful career?

This is Last Chance League. They don't make it here, their careers are done. It's harsh, but it's true. They didn't get down to their last chance by winning. Would it make you feel better to call them "not winners"?

Just now, NickyJ said:

It's not a strange take at all. To win a roster spot in the NFL, you have to "win it". If you are benched or cut from the team, you "lose" that roster spot. We are watching people who "lost" their NFL positions. Do you think Matt McGloin is a winner? What about the CB who dropped the easy interception in the first half? (One that fans would call ours DBs losers for dropping too). Cardale Jones is on his 4th team after getting traded and cut from 3 other teams. At what point would you consider that a winning, successful career?

This is Last Chance League. They don't make it here, their careers are done. It's harsh, but it's true. They didn't get down to their last chance by winning. Would it make you feel better to call them "not winners"?

that's not the way most people think of winning and losing, and I can see some of these guys back in training camps